Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyFlyMike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575167 ft
United States

I've been called several times to fly in Central Park and by the Liberty Science Center
in New Jersey within a week.Obviously I'm not able to get permission within a week but I noticed
some of the drone ops are able to get permission within a week. I know their not flying illegally.
Just curious,once you get approved by the FAA to fly in these and other areas,are you allowed
to fly in these locations as many times within the dates submitted or must you reapply each time?

Thanks

2017-4-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What kind of flying do you do - 101 or 107?

What do you mean by "get permission"?  Sounds like you're referring to FAA permission?  If so, it's not clear to me why you'd need FAA permission to fly at, for example, Liberty Science Center.  Airmap shows it's clear to fly under 107, and requires a simple phone call under 101.  
2017-4-22
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.1
United States

I'm asking about 107. To be honest,I never checked Airmap being that it's so close to
the Statue of Liberty. There's a bunch of heliports in the area so i assumed I would
need FAA permission within 107. Also isn't Newark Airport within 5 miles?
Luckily I couldn't fly the day they needed me so I didn't lose any work.
2017-4-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Newark Airport is within 5 miles but that doesn't matter under Part 107.  I don't know all the rules for 107, but I know the five mile rule only applies to 101.  But from what I can tell, you can likely fly there under part 107 without doing anything.  That's my opinion with little to no knowledge of the intricacies of Part 107.  

Airmap says you can fly.  

https://app.airmap.io/

However, there may very well be park rules, but those would only apply with launching or landing.  

2017-4-22
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.1
United States

You must be right because like I said before,the drone op was able to fly there with no issues. I should probably
read up more on 107 and 101.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules