Camera Centre Blur - Fixes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2307a6a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Everyone.

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on possible fixes for what seems to be a pretty common problem with Phantom 3 cameras.

As you can see from the photos attached, the footage taken on my P3A is suffering from a nasty blur patch bang in the centre of the frame.

I’m fairly new to the world of drones and have only flew a handful of times now, mainly in cooler, spring temperatures.

I have read that this can be caused when operating in lower temps, however it seems as if some camera units are affected more than others!

When this footage was taken the temperature was probably around 7-10 Celsius.

I have come across the sensor adjustment fix, when the position of the sensor is finely adjusted over the lens to correct the image, however I’m under the impression that this is for more when outer edges, or one side of the image is blurred.

Has anyone out there who has experienced this problem found a solution to it?

Unfortunately I didn’t buy my drone from new, so taking this back to where i bought it from or asking for a warranty replacement isn’t an option.

Many thanks for all your help in advance!

Example 1

Example 1

Example 2

Example 2

2017-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That looks like a smudge on the lens to me. Have you tried to clean the lens? Take off the stock UV filter and check it for cleanliness?
2017-4-22
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Yeah take a look both at the filter and the lens for smudges.
2017-4-22
Use props
RossHawkings
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you guys for the quick responses!

That was the first thing that I thought too, but unfortunately cleaning the lens and filter didn't fix the blur.
Even tried with different filters in case it was a fault in the glass, but the same blur occurred, in the same spot.

What do you think the chances are that it could be a fault in the lens itself?
Been looking on eBay for spare / damaged units that I could salvage the lens or sensor from in case that's the issue.
2017-4-22
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Why don't you have DJI fix it?  It's some factory defect from the looks of it and not knowing the history of this machine.  Try to explain it to them and see if they'll have some compassion for you.
2017-4-22
Use props
RossHawkings
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dropped the UK customer services team and email this morning, so hopfully I hear back in the next few days.
Such as shame that so many of these models seems to be affected by these type of issues!
2017-4-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RossHawkings Posted at 2017-4-23 03:25
Dropped the UK customer services team and email this morning, so hopfully I hear back in the next few days.
Such as shame that so many of these models seems to be affected by these type of issues!

If this is relatively new I would take back to retailer for a replacement (perhaps you bought directly from DJI ?).
2017-4-23
Use props
RossHawkings
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Aardvak,

Unfortunately i bought this second hand off eBay, which probably explains why the guy was selling it in the first place!
The drone looks in great condition, no signs of damage from accidents etc.
Didn't know at the time that this sort of thing was a common issues with these drones, otherwise I would have probably paid the extra to go direct to DJI.
2017-4-23
Use props
RossHawkings
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just been out in the garden to see how the camera is today.
Weather is a bit warmer today, around 16 degrees C, however the same blur spot is present.

Iv had a close look at the lens to see if i can see any moisture trapped, or condensation, but none to be seen.

Photo 3

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 4

2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules