Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems with Tablet display freezing up
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456 ft
South Africa

I would like some constructive advice about which 7 inch tablet is best  to use with my DJI Phantom 3 Professional. Let me first explain that I  live in South Africa and our currency/exchange rates are down the toilet  and the cost of an IPad mini is equivalent to the average persons  monthly salary here, so looking for cheaper/budget options.

I used to  fly my Phantom 3 Standard with a cheap Lenovo Android 7" Tab 2, about  U.S. $65.00, and it worked 100%. I then bought a Phantom 3  Pro 6 months ago and upgraded my tablet to a Lenovo Tab 3. It works,  however the screen often freezes up and I have to exit the App and  re-connect while flying to get it working again. It is not a distance  problem either as it happens when the drone is fairly nearby. It could  be that the 1gb Ram of the tablet is not enough or it's processor is too  slow?

All works fine with my Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone but I prefer the  7" screen of a tablet.
2017-4-22
Use props
BMGD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255814 ft
South Africa

I'm also in SA and my Lenovo A5500 8" tablet is also unusable. Lenovo seems to be a pretty crap brand, they never update their firmware and their hardware can't cope with the higher quality video produced by the Go4 app. That said, the Go 4 android app is a bit of a joke really, I can't have one session without the app crashing or FC'ing, I'm so sick of tapping "Send Feedback" and typing "crashed again" on the popup one gets when an app crashes. Is DJI just ignoring all the crash reports?

Nothing's perfect though, some friends were having problems with Ipad's and PH4's yesterday, stuttery video and odd behaving PH4's. (Note: yesterday's Kp index was 5 and at times 6!)
2017-4-22
Use props
fansa858565b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8613842 ft
South Africa

I am using an IPAD mini 4 Wifi/Cell. Got it on Gumtree for R3500, only 3 months old with original invoice and cover. Tried an IPAD mini 2 Wifi/Cell, but no good, delay in flight controls and screen distortions. Shop around, you will find a bargain!
2017-5-11
Use props
fans689722dd
Flight distance : 3623386 ft
Belgium

I have the same problem with a Nvidia Shield tablet. The app crashes when I'm in the air. Every single time it happens and also multiple times in one flight. I thought the problem would be fixed by now, but doesn't seem so.
2017-5-11
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

fans689722dd Posted at 2017-5-11 16:02
I have the same problem with a Nvidia Shield tablet. The app crashes when I'm in the air. Every single time it happens and also multiple times in one flight. I thought the problem would be fixed by now, but doesn't seem so.

I;m surprised re- Nividia shield, anyone I know using the shield just rave about how well it works, I switched from an Asus, which works well but I wanted the shields bigger screen & being a gamer tablet, she;s quick!
2017-5-12
Use props
BMGD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255814 ft
South Africa

BMGD Posted at 2017-4-22 21:50
I'm also in SA and my Lenovo A5500 8" tablet is also unusable. Lenovo seems to be a pretty crap brand, they never update their firmware and their hardware can't cope with the higher quality video produced by the Go4 app. That said, the Go 4 android app is a bit of a joke really, I can't have one session without the app crashing or FC'ing, I'm so sick of tapping "Send Feedback" and typing "crashed again" on the popup one gets when an app crashes. Is DJI just ignoring all the crash reports?

Nothing's perfect though, some friends were having problems with Ipad's and PH4's yesterday, stuttery video and odd behaving PH4's. (Note: yesterday's Kp index was 5 and at times 6!)

I have still been in search of a 8" tablet for my Mavic, so I got a Samsung Tab S 8.4 but it didn't work so took it back (pixellated video), now I got a Lenovo Tab 4 8" and it works great. There are very few 8" tablets available here in SA with the specs needed to run DJI Go 4, this was the ONLY one I found without huge cost.
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules