Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Use the sticks to control the gimbal
4983 13 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155059 ft
Italy

I've read somewhere (can`t remember where..) that it`s possible while flying to use the sticks of the RC to control the camera gimbal instead of controlling the bird. Anyone knows if this is true and where  is the `sawitch` On the dj go 4 app?
2017-4-23
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I'm pretty sure this is when in Tap Fly mode.

The flight is automated so you can free up the sticks to control the gimbal.

I haven't tried it so don't know where the button is to use the sticks although I imagine it would be fairly obvious once you enter Tap Fly.
2017-4-23
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Using an Inspire 1 you can program C1 or C2 to toggle from Tilt to Pan using the scroll wheel.  I dont know of any way a single remote can be used to control both Pan and Tilt at the same time.  
2017-4-28
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

With the latest firmware release (I think it's .330)  you can use the right stick  to control the gimbal in tap fly mode. Once you're in the air, select "tap fly" and options will open up on the screen to pick  the option.
2017-4-28
Use props
Deanopeps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233474 ft
United Kingdom

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-4-28 05:08
Using an Inspire 1 you can program C1 or C2 to toggle from Tilt to Pan using the scroll wheel.  I dont know of any way a single remote can be used to control both Pan and Tilt at the same time.

I have an Inspire 2 and have been wanting to do this on the second remote but as yet have not found out how to.
Would love to know how!
2017-4-28
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deanopeps Posted at 2017-4-28 05:24
I have an Inspire 2 and have been wanting to do this on the second remote but as yet have not found out how to.
Would love to know how!

Its no problem with a second Slave Controller - just assign the Pan & Tilt to the stick(s) as you prefer. I use the right stick only, forward/back for the Tilt and left/right for the Pan.

Regards
Allan
2017-4-28
Use props
Deanopeps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233474 ft
United Kingdom

allanart Posted at 2017-4-28 10:46
Its no problem with a second Slave Controller - just assign the Pan & Tilt to the stick(s) as you prefer. I use the right stick only, forward/back for the Tilt and left/right for the Pan.

Regards

Hi Allan,

It is setting up the sticks on the slave to be able to zoom in i am after rather than having to use the Go App slider. Have you done that?

Thanks

Dean
2017-5-1
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deanopeps Posted at 2017-5-1 01:21
Hi Allan,

It is setting up the sticks on the slave to be able to zoom in i am after rather than having to use the Go App slider. Have you done that?

I dont know about zoom (your post didnt mention zoom) as I dont have a zoom lens - yet!
Regards
Allan
2017-5-1
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deanopeps Posted at 2017-5-1 01:21
Hi Allan,

No you can't use the a stick to zoom only the app.
See my post.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 687688&fromuid=4811

2017-5-1
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-5-1 02:01
No you can't use the a stick to zoom only the app.
See my post.

Thanks for clarification Tony. I didnt see any provision in the Slave Setup for zoom, so didnt want to make any assumptions. So the Go4 App recognizes the zoom lens and adapts accordingly.
Allan
2017-5-1
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Can manual focus be mapped to a stick or other RC input? While using a 2nd controller it would be nice to have a stick mapped to manual focus. Even with a single controller, I would like the option of mapping manual focus to one of the wheels.
2017-5-1
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-5-1 04:27
Can manual focus be mapped to a stick or other RC input? While using a 2nd controller it would be nice to have a stick mapped to manual focus. Even with a single controller, I would like the option of mapping manual focus to one of the wheels.

No, I don't see any option for manual focus on the RC. You would to add the DJI Focus.
Regards.
Allan
2017-5-1
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Yeah, I asked about the DJI Focus in another thread but I don't recall getting a response. I wasn't sure what all was required to buy. They have the DJI Focus and also the DJI Focus Handwheel. Do you need both? What else do you need? I'm not ready to spend anymore money on this right now but wanted to understand my options for when I am ready.
2017-5-1
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

allanart Posted at 2017-5-1 04:13
Thanks for clarification Tony. I didnt see any provision in the Slave Setup for zoom, so didnt want to make any assumptions. So the Go4 App recognizes the zoom lens and adapts accordingly.
Allan

Allan yes it recognises that there's a zoom lens fitting and displays the slider on the Go4 app both master and slave.

Tony
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules