First use of app and it took over my phone!
687 11 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

I am a clueless newbie but geeze!  I just opened the DJI Go 4 app on my Google Pixel for the first time and I am totally frustrated.  From the opening page I clicked something but I do not remember what it was.  But after clicking it I was presented with a screen from which there is no exit.  I mean I can no longer even switch to another app on my phone.  All the standard Android navigation icons that usually appear on the bottom of every screen are missing.  I'm stuck in this app on this page.  Ok, I am sure I can power completely down and reboot my Pixel and I will do that but COME ON!
In case you were wondering, the current page at which I am stuck has a little map in the bottom left corner and along the bottom of the screen are  a bunch of codes I don't understand with N/A next to each of them.  It says Disconnected at the top to the right of the  DJI logo.  There is an icon on the left side of the screen of a circle with an upward arrow coming out of it and below the a circle with a downward arrow going into it.  I'm sure this must be a familiar screen to all of you. This is where I am stuck.
Is there no exit other than rebooting my phone?  If so, this app is beyond bad.

2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

Ok, so I rebooted my Pixel and restarted the DJI GO 4 app to see what it was I clicked and it was Enter Device, which I assumed meant enter the model of the drone I am using.  
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

Ok, so I rebooted my Pixel and restarted the DJI GO 4 app to see what it was I clicked and it was Enter Device, which I assumed meant enter the model of the drone I am using.  
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

2017-4-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

DonFrench Posted at 2017-4-23 13:52

Think someone else having problem with that pixel. They roid raged somewhere on forum recently. Might want to check out that thread.
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

Ok, so I rebooted my Pixel and started the DJI GO 4 app to see what it was I clicked to get into this black hole from which there is no return.  It was Enter Device, which I assumed meant enter the model of the drone I own.  I just did it again to confirm that it was not a one-time glitch and it was not.  I now have to reboot my Pixel again.  Sad!
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-23 13:52
Think someone else having problem with that pixel. They roid raged somewhere on forum recently. Might want to check out that thread.

I found a few posts about problems with Google Pixel but nothing like this - mostly complaining that the app crashed mid flight.  My problem is 100% repeatable BTW so, DJI dev - get on this!  As it stands, I  have no choice but to buy another phone just to fly my Mavic.  Grrr.
2017-4-23
Use props
GrAndAG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6299 ft
Russia

Did you try to click on "DJI" letters in top-left corner?
Also dragging from the top of screen should return your Android buttons back. This is standard behavior for full-screen applications.
2017-4-23
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

LOL, Just swipe from the bottom of the screen (or right/left side, depending how you orient your phone in landscape, anyway part that was "down" when phone is portrait) and you'll get your back-home-multitask buttons back
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

GrAndAG Posted at 2017-4-23 14:27
Did you try to click on "DJI" letters in top-left corner?
Also dragging from the top of screen should return your Android buttons back. This is standard behavior for full-screen applications.

I did not try clicking the DJI logo until you suggested it.  Yes, it worked!  What an idea - to make their logo be the Back button!  I wonder how many people thought that would be the case.  Ok, so I  also learned something about the Pixel.  I did not know that there was such a thing as an app that would deliberately hide the navigation buttons.  And so I did not know that there was a way to get them back.  But also, I tried swiping from all four directions and the only thing that showed up was my battery charge percentage.  I tried this several times, but since you suggested it, I had to try it again and this time I get the navigation buttons.  I cannot explain why now and not before.  But thank you!
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

AndrewF403 Posted at 2017-4-23 14:40
LOL, Just swipe from the bottom of the screen (or right/left side, depending how you orient your phone in landscape, anyway part that was "down" when phone is portrait) and you'll get your back-home-multitask buttons back

Thanks.  The previous reply already schooled me on this but I appreciate your taking the time and effort to help a clueless newbie - on the Pixel too apparently.  
2017-4-23
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

DonFrench Posted at 2017-4-23 14:53
Thanks.  The previous reply already schooled me on this but I appreciate your taking the time and effort to help a clueless newbie - on the Pixel too apparently.

Pixel is a great phone. The more I use it, the more I like. Unfortunately, DJI Go 4 isn't performing that well on Pixel. I hope you'll have better luck than I have.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules