What causes interference??
1227 3 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

I would definitely still consider myself a beginner, but have been getting better and better with the drone. Ive graduated from just flying in open fields and feel more comfortable flying farther away. But Ive been getting a lot of interfernce warnings on my RC, sometimes the signal even drops entirely. Pair that with my app crashing and its starting to get frustrating... What are some things to avoid that cause this type of interference that makes your rc unable to connect to the mavic while in air? (ie tall buildings? cell towers? distance? altitude? etc)

Thanks
2017-4-23
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

Since the remote talks to Mavic on the 2.4Ghz bandwidth, depending where you are, chances are that there a poopload of home routers, cordless phones, PVR's and more, operating closely to the Mavic bands. Nobody will make me believe that these don't happen. Listen with a police scanner and you'll see how many signals are one untop of another.
2017-4-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

bigdps Posted at 2017-4-23 16:45
Since the remote talks to Mavic on the 2.4Ghz bandwidth, depending where you are, chances are that there a poopload of home routers, cordless phones, PVR's and more, operating closely to the Mavic bands. Nobody will make me believe that these don't happen. Listen with a police scanner and you'll see how many signals are one untop of another.

Have to agree with this.
If you are getting a number of interference warnings then I would just go fly somewhere else.The list of things that can cause interference is almost endless. I have flown in what would look like an open area but there are large spray booms that are used to water turf and I need to stay away from them because I have seen interference warnings on occasion as they are started and stopped wirelessly.
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background and remember to adjust the antenna while your flight.
I'd suggest you to fly in different open area free of interference to see if the issue persists.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules