Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 X5S Grainy (Noisy) Video After Firmware Update to 0330
1897 10 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Linh9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28136 ft
United States

After I updated my Inspire 2 to the latest firmware (ver. 0330), for some reason, the video is very grainy (noisy).  Have any one experience this issue with the new firmware?  I was recording in Auto Mode.  This has not happened until the latest firmware update.  

Is there a way to fix this?
Here is the sample video.  Please pay attention to the left and right bottom corners of the hill.  May want to set you Youtube view mode to 1080p60 and view as full screen.  Youtube already did a lot of noise cleanup.  The original video is actually worse.

2017-4-23
Use props
dldp-sp
First Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not seen any difference in video quality with the latest update. I never shoot in auto anything. is it possible that your ISO was set higher then 100? In auto this could happen depending on the current lighting conditions.

Regards,
Tom
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox so we can check it? do not edit the file at all, thanks.
2017-4-24
Use props
Linh9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-24 01:34
Would you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox so we can check it? do not edit the file at all, thanks.

Here is the Dropbox link to the original file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kivkhy84ytyvf6u/DJI_0128.MOV?dl=0

For some reason, the grain noise issue only occurred when capturing video using Auto Mode.

Thanks.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Linh9 Posted at 2017-4-24 12:05
Here is the Dropbox link to the original file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kivkhy84ytyvf6u/DJI_0128.MOV?dl=0

I have reported it to the engineers, can you please upload an original video when not capturing in Auto Mode as well? thank you!
2017-4-25
Use props
Linh9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-25 01:24
I have reported it to the engineers, can you please upload an original video when not capturing in Auto Mode as well? thank you!

Here is the link to the video file captured in manual mode.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rz7gmo5xqmfn7c/DJI_0025_m_dw.MOV?dl=0

For some reason, I cannot reproduce the grainy video in auto mode when I tried yesterday.  Hopefully it is just a hickup or my mistake on the ISO setting previously.  I will report back if this issue show up again.

Thank you.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI_camera
lvl.1

Hong Kong

We have seen the video and yes, it's noisy. could you recall the camera setting? ISO, aperture and shutter?
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Linh9 Posted at 2017-4-26 11:06
Here is the link to the video file captured in manual mode.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rz7gmo5xqmfn7c/DJI_0025_m_dw.MOV?dl=0

Thank you for your update, nice to know that.
BTW, our R&D engineers checked your video and replied you at 7#.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions, thanks.
2017-4-28
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had noisy video on my X5S right from the start, I had to send it in and just got a new one back which I will have to evaluate.
I think a small proportion of X5S cameras have noise problems.
2017-5-2
Use props
Linh9
lvl.1
United States

charlesetischer Posted at 2017-4-28 01:14
We have seen the video and yes, it's noisy. could you recall the camera setting? ISO, aperture and shutter?

Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to the ISO, aperture, or shutter speed.  I only remembered that it was in Automatic mode.  During that same event, if I switch to Manual mode with low ISO, then the video is clean.  May be the Auto ISO mode missed behave for that one day.  Now, I cannot reproduce the same video noise, unless I manually set the high ISO above 1600.
2017-5-3
Use props
Linh9
lvl.1
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2017-5-2 04:56
I had noisy video on my X5S right from the start, I had to send it in and just got a new one back which I will have to evaluate.
I think a small proportion of X5S cameras have noise problems.

Was your original X5S has noisy video even in manual mode at low ISO like between 100 - 800?
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules