Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KG1962
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2485971 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there ,

is there any way you can increase max altitide above 500 metres ???

Rgds
K+

2017-4-24
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

OK Altitude and max height the drone is capable of are two different things. I own a P3S The drones have a firmware limitation of 500m or 1640 feet from your launch point. DJI Drones have a 6000m altitude capability which means to fly at say 3000m you need to be at least at 2500m altitude and use the 500m max height the drone can use. To fly at 6000m you need to be somewhere at 5500m. Also once to fly that high and also add in distance you will need an extra 5 minutes to get to distance and altitude and still be able to return home assuming you didn't fly with a tail wind at 50 mph into the distance as some have done for the drones never to return because they don't have the speed or remaining battery power required to come home so go to low battery and autoland.  Some ave had this happen over lakes.  Wet sunken drone stories abound on these forums.  

There are other issues such as laws in the country you fly, wind speeds which you cannot detect speed or direction, flying out of line of sight especially if you are like me and go cloud surfing.  500m is all I have ever needed to clear the clouds as I get to a high enough altitude to fly my drone above them. Other factors at altitude are temperature and perhaps other aircraft.  
14900 FEET DISTANCE.jpg
2017-4-24
Use props
KG1962
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2485971 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-24 01:51
OK Altitude and max height the drone is capable of are two different things. I own a P3S The drones have a firmware limitation of 500m or 1640 feet from your launch point. DJI Drones have a 6000m altitude capability which means to fly at say 3000m you need to be at least at 2500m altitude and use the 500m max height the drone can use. To fly at 6000m you need to be somewhere at 5500m. Also once to fly that high and also add in distance you will need an extra 5 minutes to get to distance and altitude and still be able to return home assuming you didn't fly with a tail wind at 50 mph into the distance as some have done for the drones never to return because they don't have the speed or remaining battery power required to come home so go to low battery and autoland.  Some ave had this happen over lakes.  Wet sunken drone stories abound on these forums.  

There are other issues such as laws in the country you fly, wind speeds which you cannot detect speed or direction, flying out of line of sight especially if you are like me and go cloud surfing.  500m is all I have ever needed to clear the clouds as I get to a high enough altitude to fly my drone above them. Other factors at altitude are temperature and perhaps other aircraft.

Thank you very much.
2017-4-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Or to give you a simpler, clearer answer ..... NO
2017-4-24
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-24 03:47

The best way is to fly is possible from somewhere high if you can fly to the area you want to take pictures of. I did a flight last week where I flew from a car park but flew down -90m or minus 300 feet from where I launched to take some pictures.  So if I had flown my max 500m then to where I was taking pictures of would be 590m below my launch point.  However you need to follow the laws about above ground level in the country you fly in.

In this photo I flew from a mountain range several hundred meters higher than were I live in the village across the river.  I did not go above my drone's limit of 500m. I just flew out from a much higher point to take this picture.  Also why do you need to go above the 500m limit?

2017-4-24
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-24 03:47

The best way is to fly is possible from somewhere high if you can fly to the area you want to take pictures of. I did a flight last week where I flew from a car park but flew down -90m or minus 300 feet from where I launched to take some pictures.  So if I had flown my max 500m then to where I was taking pictures of would be 590m below my launch point.  However you need to follow the laws about above ground level in the country you fly in.

In this photo I flew from a mountain range several hundred meters higher than were I live in the village across the river.  I did not go above my drone's limit of 500m. I just flew out from a much higher point to take this picture.  Also why do you need to go above the 500m limit?

1200m 4000 ft.jpg
2017-4-24
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you ask your drone nicely and say "Please pretty, please my little friend..."
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules