Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH issue at 3000ft distance
1093 8 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansec15f529
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28501 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Hey Fellow pilots, I had a scary moment with my Mavic this past weekend. I flew it about 3000Ft away, and then hit RTH button on the RC, and the drone turned to my direction by wouldn't move (0 mph) for a few minutes. Then i canceled RTH and tried to bring it home using the sticks, but the mavic will pickup speeds upto 18 mph and then brake. This happened several times, before I was able to safely bring it back using the RC.

[size=14.6667px]Link[size=14.6667px]/Attached is my flight record, have you guys ever experienced anything similar? Should i send mavic for service?

[size=14.6667px]Any help is much appreciated.
2017-4-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Could there have been momentary high winds? Could there have been detection of an obstacle (such as low sun in the sky)?
2017-4-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Did you try Sport mode to give you extra speed when you were manually flying it back?
2017-4-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Those "Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first." messages seem to indicate that Obstacle Avoidance (OA) is being triggered, which would cause the Mavic to stop because it thinks it's about to hit something. If you were flying into the sun I'd say that was the cause of it, but it looks like this flight was in the early evening and you were returning home to the east. I do still think this was caused by OA, though, especially since with my own Mavic I've seen it triggered in every imaginable set of circumstances including while flying in fog and at night.
2017-4-24
Use props
nupshah1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28501 ft
United States

Thank you guys! There was almost no wind. The skies when flying back were Redish, so OA could be an issue. I totally forgot about OA.
So the normal message with OA is indeed "Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first."?

Regarding the speed, i for some reason couldn't get the mavic over 23 mph, even in sport mode. any suggestions on that?
2017-4-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

nupshah1 Posted at 2017-4-24 05:56
Thank you guys! There was almost no wind. The skies when flying back were Redish, so OA could be an issue. I totally forgot about OA.
So the normal message with OA is indeed "Braking now! Return sticks to midpoints first."?

Yes. Very intuitive, isn't it?

Regarding the speed, i for some reason couldn't get the mavic over 23 mph, even in sport mode. any suggestions on that?

Like Wolfgang, the only thing I could think of that should slow the Mavic down would be the wind. However, I didn't see any Sport mode in the log you provided and OA is disabled in Sport mode. Did you have Multiple Flight Modes enabled, because if not the Sport mode switch setting is ignored.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please sync your flight records from DJI GO app then provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-4-26
Use props
fans921fdde1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237710 ft
Italy

Gruppo aperto a tutti i fan del DJI Mavic PRO.  Discussioni, suggerimenti, link per ricambi/coupon, video e tante tante tante chiacchiere.
Facciamo insieme più grande questo grande drone.
t.me/Dji_Mavic_Pro_Italia
logo-mavic-CON-LINK.jpg
2017-4-26
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Winds aloft are often quite different from the ground.  I assume you were probably 300 - 400  feet up.  Otherwise I agree with everything above (possible exception of fans921fdde1's advertisement above).
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules