Flight simunlator in Assistant 2???
716 8 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Just curious.. I have noticed in the Assistant 2 software, there is a flight simulator selection.. What exactly is this for?? I am not talking about Go's flight simulator to be clear..
2017-4-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That takes you to a park near DJI headquarters.
You can fly using the map. And having fun flying into the NFZ of the intern. airport without someone yelling at you.
Shenzhen.jpg
2017-4-24
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Ahh, is that why I have some flight logs located in Shenzhen even though I have never been there?  I never looked at the map in the simulator so didn't realise where I was flying!
2017-4-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

You have to be in map view before you start the simulator. You can't switch while being in simulator mode.
My simulator play didn't create a flight log. No way for me to swindle and built up on the flight distance :-)

If you have flight logs there:
Do you have the Chinese flag under "foot prints"? It should be...
2017-4-24
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-24 09:47
You have to be in map view before you start the simulator. You can't switch while being in simulator mode.
My simulator play didn't create a flight log. No way for me to swindle and built up on the flight distance :-)

Yes, I have a Chinese flag

I have only flown about 2Km so it hasn't made much difference to the totals.   If I'd had a map to explore then I might have gone a lot further though    Maybe next time I use Assistant 2
2017-4-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

With the legal situations becoming more and more harsh we all might end up flying simulators in the long run.

Your situation I find interesting: It seems your drone has been activated before, maybe by DJI in Shenzen?
Is it a refurbished one? I wouldn't think your simulator play has initiated a flight record.
2017-4-24
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-24 11:30
With the legal situations becoming more and more harsh we all might end up flying simulators in the long run.

Your situation I find interesting: It seems your drone has been activated before, maybe by DJI in Shenzen?

No, I activated it.  The Shenzhen flights are in the middle of my actual flights and the date seems reasonable for me to have been playing with the simulator on Assistant 2 after doing a firmware update.
2017-4-24
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Wait. I'm confused. What does the flight simulator in assistant 2 do? Does this correlate to DJI go somehow?
2017-4-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

It looks like it is an feature meant to be for developers:

https://developer.dji.com/mobile ... SDemo.html#showtime
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced