DJI Go 4 lose connection
2659 27 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I flew long distance with my Phantom 4 to take some images.
On the way back the DJI Go 4 app disconnected. The radio was still connected and the Phantom 4 was pointing home so I had no problem bring it home.
After landing I restarted the DJI Go app and recconected the radio and the video came back.

I uploaded the flight data on https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... 0efc1e2c5ec4d0d2566

I used DJI Go 4 on android (Huawei Ascend Mate 8)
18049542_10154508034021188_1037341426_o.png
2017-4-24
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Uploaded on http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2RUJZK25X2O9YANWJZBO/ as well
2017-4-24
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 985807 ft
United States

I had the same issue when I was flying my drone (less than 0.5 miles away from me), but even my map was offline. On the RTH, my Phantom 4 flew into a tree and crashed. Warranty helped me, and I got the drone repaired, but I am not sure for a fix for that problem, but all I can say is thanks to DJI for fixing my drone!
2017-4-24
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 985807 ft
United States

I also just looked at your flight data in healthy drones, and I saw all green on the sensors page. Not sure what the problem was there, but either the flight data didn't record properly connection, or it was a problem with the app and its connection.
2017-4-24
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

The app keeps disconnecting on every flight I do. But If I restart the controller (while in flight) the app is re-connecting.
I will do a re-link of the transmitter and see if it helping.
2017-4-30
Use props
marpir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14908 ft

Portugal

Hello, i am Mário pires from MADEIRA Island and i have a "PHANTOM 4". Last wwek i began suddenly having the same problem (Aircraft Disconnected) with my equipment and even the worst the Drone assumes the HOME POINT not the place pre and normal established when i sart flying BUT - imagine - HONG KONG. I already contacted DJI Support online (chat) and they didn't  would be able to tell me how to fix the problem .
2017-5-1
Use props
marpir
lvl.2

Portugal

HOME POINT ERROR (Phantom 4)
2017-5-1
Use props
marpir
lvl.2

Portugal

Home Point ERROR : PHANTOM 4
11.jpg
05.jpg
09.jpg
05.jpg
07.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
2017-5-1
Use props
marpir
lvl.2

Portugal

Hello, i am Mário pires from MADEIRA Island and i have a "PHANTOM 4". Last wwek i began suddenly having the same problem (Aircraft Disconnected) with my equipment and even the worst the Drone assumes the HOME POINT not the place pre and normal established when i sart flying BUT - imagine - HONG KONG. I already contacted DJI Support online (chat) and they didn't  would be able to tell me how to fix the problem .
05.jpg
07.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
2017-5-1
Use props
fans45bbd4e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 481417 ft
United States

It is making me crazy that DJI won't provide an easy way to roll back to an older version of DJI GO 4. I had absolutely no problem with either my Samsung S5 or my Samsung Tab E until I downloaded update 4.0.7 to the app. For the first couple of weeks my P4 was amazing and fun. Now it is a pain and I very much regret buying the thing. A friend had a guy help him download and install 4.0.4 and he is very happy. Ive tried falling several of the many suggestions on forums and YouTube but keep getting the garbage 4.0.7 version. HELP !?!
2017-5-1
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

I flew yesterday several times and again same error. Disconnecting. But each time it disconnecting I just shutdown the radio and turn it on. Then it reconnects again to the DJI Go 4 app.
I hope we get some fix soon because the restart of the radio is not a solution.
2017-5-3
Use props
Breslau 1976
lvl.1
Poland

RemusE Posted at 2017-5-3 03:44
I flew yesterday several times and again same error. Disconnecting. But each time it disconnecting I just shutdown the radio and turn it on. Then it reconnects again to the DJI Go 4 app.
I hope we get some fix soon because the restart of the radio is not a solution.

i ts true i have this same  issue.
2017-5-3
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Breslsu, did you contact support?
2017-5-4
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Yesterday, besides the disconnecting issue it started to lose the video image as well. Almost impossible to fly with the DJI Go 4 app.
Screenshot_2017-05-04-19-55-10.jpg
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RemusE Posted at 2017-5-5 00:20
Yesterday, besides the disconnecting issue it started to lose the video image as well. Almost impossible to fly with the DJI Go 4 app.

Could you please verify which Go app version you're running? What OS version does your Android run?
2017-5-5
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Android 5.1.1
DJI Go 4.0.7 (257-gpPhone)
2017-5-5
Use props
CannotTakeOff
New
United States

I'm having the same disconnected issue with 4.0.7 on a 2013 Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1. Re-flashed the N7 to factory, but no luck.

I also retain control via the RC and vision through my hdmi port, but I cannot get the app to regain connection until a full restart of the RC. This happens intermittently, including on the ground a few feet away when adjusting settings. It absolutely should not do that, obviously. I'm actually too concerned to fly after a close call.

I just read that putting the device in airplane mode might help. Of course, you'd lose data for maps unless you cache them first. All-in-all I doubt that will really be the fix, but you may try it just to narrow down possibilities.

I don't suppose you have an hdmi module on the RC? By the way I have seen a bunch of people with this issue while researching it. Seems like the last app or possibly drone or RC firmware introduced the problem. I'll try to see if I can find an old copy of the DJI GO 4 apk to see if that makes a difference.
2017-5-5
Use props
Breslau 1976
lvl.1
Poland

today i have this same issue. and for now many problems,  freezing screen etc...  15  minutes flight time and 5 freezing screens .  this is really not cool.
i dont know how to fix  for  now. last firmwarew is really not good i thing  so.
2017-5-6
Use props
CannotTakeOff
New
United States

Breslau 1976 Posted at 2017-5-6 09:03
today i have this same issue. and for now many problems,  freezing screen etc...  15  minutes flight time and 5 freezing screens .  this is really not cool.
i dont know how to fix  for  now. last firmwarew is really not good i thing  so.

When your screen freezes, does it say 'disconnected'? Does it recover on its own or do you have to reboot the RC?
2017-5-6
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Sometimes mine is saying discconecting, but not allways. Anyway, it is impossible to fly with the worthless video stream and the RC restarting from time to time.
2017-5-6
Use props
Breslau 1976
lvl.1
Poland

CannotTakeOff Posted at 2017-5-6 09:40
When your screen freezes, does it say 'disconnected'? Does it recover on its own or do you have to reboot the RC?

when is freezing im only go back in DJI App  to  screen where is GO FLY button  and press this GO FLY, now  working but  only  some  2  minutes. and freezing again.
2017-5-6
Use props
fansfb48a2ba
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190607 ft
Italy

Hello everyone
I also have the same problems and only by miracle I brought the Phantom 4 home
I have a nexus 7 first edition with android 6 and dji go 4 last
Well the first time I turned off the tablet suddenly and already in the background I lost the picture ..... !! Even being at a distance of 300 mt ...... !!!
Then the other day I was farther and ....... puff ...... no video ...... and ... .... big trouble to see it and try to bring it back home. ...... this has happened since I installed dji go 4 ........ and then the distance between phantom 4 and remote control does not exceed 1000 meters ....... loses the signal. ..... it resolves or I have to throw the phantom 4 ???

Lastly does not record flight data ....?
Sometimes you sometimes do not like never?
Do I have to retrieve them ??? as???'

thank you
2017-5-13
Use props
RMCRUZ
New
Flight distance : 16270 ft
Portugal

Hi,

I'm having the same problem: very hard to connect RA to GJI GO (sometimes connects, sometimes not). When connected, as I started the flight the app would crash.

Samsung J5 -   Android 6.0.1.   - DJI GO 4 v4.0.7. -  latest firmwares installed (RC and Phantom 4).

I am just beginning, and had only 2 flights. The last one went ok, with no app crash for the whole flight (about 15 mins).

What were my actions before the last flight:

1. Uninstalled DJI GO 4 app.

2. Wiped all cache data from the smartphone ( check how to do it for each model)

3. Reinstalled DJI GO 4 app again.

I do not know if it's a permanent solution, but for now it allowed me to have a full flight control without app crash.

In the meanwhile I sent an email do DJI asking them to fix this problem (maybe publishing a new version of DJI GO, or making the older one available)
2017-5-14
Use props
fans45bbd4e0
lvl.1
United States

I was having this "Disconnected
2017-5-14
Use props
fans45bbd4e0
lvl.1
United States

I was having the same "Disconnected" problem every few minutes with DJI GO 4 and my P4. I am using a Samsung Table E but pretty much every tablet known to man was listed on the searches I went through. What worked for me was to go to apkmirror.com and download DJI GO 4 4.0.5, after trying 4.0.6 which had fewer disco errors but more screen freezes.
2017-5-14
Use props
Davjack
New
Switzerland

Same problem with my Huawei Mate 8... I hope an update will soon be released!
2017-5-14
Use props
fly-by-night
lvl.1
United States

I had absolutely ZERO problem with the original DJI GO app on my ipad mini. As soon as DJI GO 4 was forced on me it's been a nightmare. Experiencing everything others have already noted - disconnects constantly, loses video, won't save distance settings - last night the gimbal even went dead and required a hard restart of the drone (Phantom 4).

I'm on v 4.0.8 now. If this isn't fixed soon I'm going to have a very expensive paper weight.
2017-5-19
Use props
Davjack
New
Switzerland

My problem was solved with the last update.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules