2133 41 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695023 ft
United States

IMG_525.jpg

Went for a flight a few days ago and had my first ever issue with my Mavic. This was after many flights with 0 problems. I had updated the firmware to .600 the day before. Don't know if that had anything to do with this or not. Anyway as you can see, a few minutes into the flight the GPS dropped out and it went into atti mode. I kept my cool and was thankfully able to fly it back to myself. Any suggestions on what could have caused this? I've flown this route loads of times with no problems. I got my nerve up and flew twice more without a glitch. I've since done an IMU calibration as well as calibrating the compass. Been raining like crazy the past two days so no chance to send it up again. Thanks for any insight on this.
2017-4-24
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Sport mode ! - sorry i'm cynical in my experience, sport mode causes issues and drops to atti mode as it interferes with the compass ... shouldn't really happen now with there being two compass's, but in my experience it does !

2017-4-24
Use props
Midwest_Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202247 ft
United States

Just a Maybe!!   I had a 1st problem, yesterday. After 360 miles of no problems   http://www.amtvmedia.com/solar-f ... -blackouts-anytime/
2017-4-24
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

meloyelo1228 ,
                       Wow I see a big red flag --- I see a big problem with your screen shot -- I never seen or heard off B4 with the Mavic , look at your first warning it says :
                                                             Warning [IMU] heading exception . (In Flight)
                                                             please switch to atti mode if craft behave
                                                             abnormally. (Using)
Then it's followed up by a Warning of Compass Error ??????????
How are you to switch to ATTI Mode when the Mavic does not have an ATTI switch for the pilot to    manually switch too ---- This is a totally un-logical message from the app to the pilot !!! is it the latest GO4 app???????
                                                          I hope DJI-Ken or Mindy are screening this post ???   
2017-4-24
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-24 15:19
meloyelo1228 ,
                       Wow I see a big red flag --- I see a big problem with your screen shot -- I never seen or heard off B4 with the Mavic , look at your first warning it says :
                                                             Warning  heading exception . (In Flight)

Yea, I saw that too. It switched to atti all on its own though. Not that I could have done so myself anyway. Luckily it was really in atti and and I still had camera view so I flew it back home.
2017-4-24
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-4-24 14:46
Sport mode ! - sorry i'm cynical  in my experience, sport mode causes issues and drops to atti mode as it interferes with the compass ... shouldn't really happen now with there being two compass's, but in my experience it does !

Hadn't been in sport mode this flight.
2017-4-24
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

meloyelo1228 Posted at 2017-4-24 15:25
Yea, I saw that too. It switched to atti all on its own though. Not that I could have done so myself anyway.  Luckily it was really in atti and and I still had camera view so I flew it back home.

meloyelo1228 , I understand that it switched to Atti mode by it self, so now we have to watch out for messages from the app telling the RC what to do along with the message NO GPS ATTI MODE ??????????? No way something's not right
2017-4-24
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You did good... Kept calm, you were in LOS and brought your baby back...

Download flight logs so we see exactly what happened!

SAFETY FIRST - FUN SECOND
2017-4-24
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-24 16:03
You did good... Kept calm, you were in LOS and brought your baby back...

Download flight logs so we see exactly what happened!

Hey dronist, Just Like This :
                                        FlySafe-Fly Free

Keep Calm

Keep Calm
2017-4-24
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

If if you weren't in LOS and you mwould mean VLOS means visual and LOS means radio and he was actually not in LOS apparently. Either way, the flight out is recorded and he could have found his way back without LOS or VLOS  by following back the flown route. Just so you know.
2017-4-24
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-24 16:36
If if you weren't in LOS and you mwould mean VLOS means visual and LOS means radio and he was actually not in LOS apparently. Either way, the flight out is recorded and he could have found his way back without LOS or VLOS  by following back the flown route. Just so you know.

ArtistFirst , Yes you are right about that ---- But look at his warning message , it is asking the op to switch to ATTI mode??????? , The Mavic has no switch and then it's followed up by a Compass Error Warning that seems to be happening a lot according to the Threads of this Form
2017-4-24
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Could you upload your Dat file from the Mavic? I'm wondering if you took off from an area that effected your compass, or something inflight effected your compass.. When the Mavic first takes off, the compass heading is copied into the IMU. The IMU (compass gyro section) periodically takes another reading from the compass for correction. If the new reading is too far off of what it thinks it should be, or there is an unexpected reading (out of dji spec) for any reason, these kinds of errors can occur, and it drops into Atti because it doesn't know what is correct. The gps, IMU and compass may still all be working, but something just isn't in agreement.
This dropping gps health while maintaining a high satellite count, and the subsequent drop into Atti has been reported numerous times. Best thing to do is gain altitude to clear any obstacles, and wait for it to clear while trying to bring it home. Most report it clears in about 30 seconds, although this may seem like an hour. The compass telemetry may in fact still be working, even though gps is not not working well enough for flight control , and can possibly  be used to get the Mavic home using the radar compass view. Even though the GPS isn't being used for flight control, there's a possibility it is working well enough to track on the map.

2017-4-24
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-24 16:33
Hey dronist, Just Like This :
                                        FlySafe-Fly Free

Yuuuuuuuup, maybe if you showed one holding their finger and pushing downnnnnn on the button...
2017-4-24
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-24 17:00
Could you upload your Dat file from the Mavic? I'm wondering if you took off from an area that effected your compass, or something inflight effected your compass.. When the Mavic first takes off, the compass heading is copied into the IMU. The IMU (compass gyro section) periodically takes another reading from the compass for correction. If the new reading is too far off of what it thinks it should be, or there is an unexpected (out of dji spec) for any reason, these kinds of errors can occur, and it drops into Atti because it doesn't know what is correct.
This dropping gps health while maintaining a high satellite count, and the subsequent drop into Atti has been reported numerous times. Best thing to do is gain altitude and  to clear any obstacles, and wait for it to clear while trying to bring it home. Most report it clears in about 30 seconds, although this may seem like an hour. The compass telemetry may in fact still be working, even though gps is not, and can possibly  be used to get the Mavic home using the radar compass view.

Started up and lifted off from same location I have lots of times. This is the only time I've ever had any issue whatsoever. The only difference was that I had upgraded to .600 the day before. This was the second flight on new firmware. I'll see about pulling the .dat file tomorrow and get it uploaded for review.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please export the flight data via DJI assistant and upload it to google drive?
I'll forward your data to our engineers for review.
2017-4-25
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-25 01:48
Could you please export the flight data via DJI assistant and upload it to google drive?

Hi DJI Mindy. Yes, I'll see about getting the flight data downloaded this afternoon for review. Thanks!
2017-4-25
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Seen this a lot of times and making me wonder coz most of these problems (crashes/flyaway etc. ) I'm seeing are after the update to latest FW.
I'm not saying that updates are bad, it's a good thing. But please DJI don't make your customers your BETA testers.
2017-4-25
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-24 16:41
ArtistFirst , Yes you are right about that ---- But look at his warning message , it is asking the op to switch to ATTI mode??????? , The Mavic has no switch and then it's followed up by a Compass Error Warning that seems to be happening a lot according to the Threads of this Form

Yeah, you are right actually upon further thought.  And also if he had no LOS, he cant't fly it anyway, BUT if he had it set to when it loses connection from the APP to RTH and his RTH is set to a proper height and avoidance and the HP is set correctly, there would be no problems.

What I am not 100% sure of is what it would do if it was landing (in the actual landing process) and LOS ceased, would it override the landing and initiate an RTH. It definitely SHOULD do that.

Would a MOD PLEASE let me know if that is what would happen?  Because for me, the main issue I've been having lately and I don't know why are with homepoints. I can't get dynamic HPs and I had one set itself without me pressing it at the bird and if I was say on my way home and 1.5 miles out on the ocean and I was halfway home, it would think I had not enough juice to get back and then try to RTH to the faulty HP in the ocean and then when it got there the battery would be too low and start landing in the water.  

THIS Is the reason I was bugging out and why people didn't understand why about the bad transmitter issue (if it's that).  Whatever it is, the engineers here know about it. I am almost certain.

I have friend at DJI who tell me things but they sometimes have to say it by just sort of not saying no sometimes.  I am not saying there is an HP issue but something is up.  They read these threads, they are very diligent and extremely caring about their customers contrary to popular belief.  They are innovating better than anyone in the world right now (save for Elon Musk but that's apples and oranges).

I'm ADHDing a bit here but the point is there are what should be beta, even pre-beta weirdness going on that I believe is software, not hardware and DJI will figure it out but you guys need to be patient and be CAREFUL. I know now I won't fly over water or a valley with the units that are giving me issues until I find out why.

I realized the other day it all started when I changed he SIM card in my iPad pro. I am rarely flying with my IPP lately so I am not sure why or why that could effect it, but I am also not an engineer so it very well maybe be doing something.

On the Phantoms lately, I have been flying my P3P over the others lately.  In all honesty, but for the new one (the P4P+ and its 1" CMOS), I don't think the P4 outdid the P3P.  Maybe I'm wrong, I've never crashed a bird but a P4 and the obstacle avoidance was on and I was running a WP mission when it hit that tree it had just ran 2x without a crash.

DJI treat me very nicely.  I don't know what other's experiences are; and while they tried to tell me it was all pilot error, when I pleaded my case, they brought it down to a very reasonable price and more importantly, have made even more contacts through that.  I have milked those contacts through things like the recent NAB show I attended (with an exhibitor pass because my friend is head of content for Robe).

Before that authorized dealer did, I called out that it wasn't the P5, Mavic Mini, Spark, and whatever else was being thrown around as rumored. I knew it was the Ronin 2 (didn't know about anything else) but promised and did not post that anywhere.

I did however, and you can check out my blog and FB group to see that I called it about 2 weeks ago and TechCrunch actually quoted me yesterday from my FB page.  My point is while it sounds like I'm chest thumping, I'm actually trying to say that I know the people at DJI and they are for the most part, really good people. Super smart people and the engineers, if you looked at the wiring schematics room in ShenZhen, China, you would have a conniption.

This is a very micro business and they are innovating to the bone and stomping on all the competition like they are little flees so it almost bothers me when MYSELF included and others get mad at them. When we buy these things, we have to accept the reality of what we are buying.  We are buying the next car after the Model T.

And they MADE THE MODEL T.  

The process is happening.  They are innovating.  And as a professional film maker who makes his living with things like Ronin gimbals and 100k cameras on them, I am happier than a pig in poop (EDIT: man, it took me forever to find that to allow this post) that they are not abandoning that market because with the success of the Mavic, I was sure they would but I could not have been more wrong.  The Tracktenna and the new remotes for the Inspire made me jump up and down while the viewers were all complaining.

I am sorry.  This has turned into an "Adam" post. I don't even remember what I was responding to. I should probably just erase this but I feel there is some info in it so I will post it but yeah, you were right to begin with.

I just get frustrated when people interchange LOS and  VLOS as one term when they are so different.  You can have LOS with it behind a mountain and you are actually (in America) breaking he law even if the Mountain is just a hill right in front of you.  You cannot lose VLOS and losing LOS is when you get that message and you (meaning whomever) needs to set their failsafes in case of loss of LOS. (RADIO).

So DJI, will it disengage a landing if LOS is lost to the RC?  And if so can I PLEASE put it in the suggestion box that if that happened RTH is intimated.

Let's put it this way as an example.  Say I was landing somewhere and then a baby stroller came right underneath the area where I was landing but the mother didn't see it.  No big deal, I move the sticks and land where I want to (which is how I would anyway but indulge the circumstances).  But if it's landing somewhere where I have no VLOS for some reason be it by mistake or not, if I CAN'T SAY IT the bird will LAND ON THAT STROLLER if it doesn't disengage and to what it's supposed to on RtH.  I would truly guess if you lose LOS that it should revert to your RTH failsafe.  Alt least I hope so.

Sorry for this ridiculous post.  I spent many years in college and not all of it was learning. ;)
2017-4-25
Use props
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-25 11:23
Yeah, you are right actually upon further thought.  And also if he had no LOS, he cant't fly it anyway, BUT if he had it set to when it loses connection from the APP to RTH and his RTH is set to a proper height and avoidance and the HP is set correctly, there would be no problems.

What I am not 100% sure of is what it would do if it was landing (in the actual landing process) and LOS ceased, would it override the landing and initiate an RTH. It definitely SHOULD do that.

Wow what was that about, maybe start your own thread, it's hard work dealing with so many personalities, just remember if you land in the stroller it's your fault.
2017-4-25
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-25 01:48

All new to this. Is this correct?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4cpmHM4Npt7eDljUzBScEVBQWc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4cpmHM4Npt7S0dTMkZzMkpYWkU
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

meloyelo1228 Posted at 2017-4-25 14:25

Thank you. I have forwarded your data to our engineers for review.
If we need any further information or we have any update, we will let you know.
2017-4-25
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-25 22:30

Thanks! Hopefully they can shed some light on what happened.
2017-4-26
Use props
Tomakava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78048 ft
Lithuania

meloyelo1228 Posted at 2017-4-25 14:25

Could you provide earlier DAT files, because I think these two are not from your flight. Provided DAT files are too short (56 and 123 seconds) and both were on ground.
2017-4-26
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-25 22:30

So DJI, will it disengage a landing if LOS is lost to the RC?  And if so can I PLEASE put it in the suggestion box that if that happened RTH is intimated.

This was the question I posed in my diatribe above and I really am curious to know if the bird is in a landing progress and it loses LOS to the RC, will it disengage the landing process and initiate the RTH?

This is something I never thought of and is so important.  It should 100% disengage landing if you lose radio communication.  Is it set to do that?  If not, can I start the grass roots lobby to change it to do so on all the birds?

THANKS!

Adam
2017-4-26
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

Tomakava Posted at 2017-4-26 05:28
Could you provide earlier DAT files, because I think these two are not from your flight. Provided DAT files are too short (56 and 123 seconds) and both were on ground.

Interesting. Those were the first two DAT files with the 4/19 flight date associated with them. There were a total of 6 actually. I just pulled the first two assuming one of them would have the information from that flight. I'll take a look again this afternoon.
2017-4-26
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

Additional dat files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4cpmHM4Npt7RXFZOEtiM0tKM0k
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4cpmHM4Npt7a0xIN0YxRzBsN1k
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4cpmHM4Npt7NHM2Q2ZFdDdpQ1E
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4cpmHM4Npt7NmRKMmtXUEM3YmM

2017-4-26
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-26 09:02

This was the question I posed in my diatribe above and I really am curious to know if the bird is in a landing progress and it loses LOS to the RC, will it disengage the landing process and initiate the RTH?

Hi Adam,

Just to point out a few things so that we understand each other here on the forums. The term 'line of sight' reflects only the visual contact that you have with the aircraft. It does not relate to the connection between the drone and the remote. In official terms you have two options:

VLOS - visual line of sight
BVLOS - beyond visual line of sight

In most jurisdictions VLOS is the only way to operate a drone legally, in some jurisdictions however BVLOS is also stipulated with extra training for certificate etc.

Now the connection between the drone and the remote controller requires a line of sight - true - but please don't use the term LOS in this respect as you may confuse people.

Just my two cents ;-)

Cheers!
2017-4-26
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

I took a look at your logs. The problems flight was FLY067.dat

About 195 seconds into the flight, the problem started. Appeared that the compass and IMU (compass gyro) severely disagreed at this point, making it go into Atti mode. These errors were also indicated by the messages you show on your OP.

It's my understanding that the Flight Controller uses the IMU compass gyro to determine direction during flight, but periodically checks it against the magnetometer compass and GPS to make sure it's correct. As stated earlier in another post, if the IMU and compass do not agree within a spec determined by DJI, or an unexpected reading occurs on one or the other where the FC isn't sure which is correct relative to GPS measured direction traveled, it can force it into ATTI. This is a safety feature.  This could be a hardware issue or more than likely in this case, something was just a bit off, and it took a few seconds to catch up. This occurred directly after you made a tight circle (almost 270) to return to home. Thankfully it corrected itself after about 25 seconds, and you were back in GPS mode. Sometimes these drops into ATTI appear after aggressive maneuvers where it seems to get confused, but not always. They sometimes also occur if taking off from an area where the compass may be influenced by something near the ground, but not higher. Again this can create a situation where the readings are so far off, the FC can't determine what to do, and it drops into ATTI until it sorts it out. ATTI can be really scary to fly, but DJI forces the AC into ATTI when the flight of the AC could be far scarier if it totally went out of control, for example, TBE, as explained in this video.

As also previously stated, when it drops into ATTI the GPS and compass may be still be working well enough to determine the AC position on the map, and direction to home using radar compass (just can't be used for the more critical flight control) , so you still may have these at your disposal when attempting to fly the AC home. If the AC switches to ATTI, gain altitude if you're not already above all obstacles. The RTH feature will not work in ATTI.

I believe you've done the right thing in recalibrating the IMU and compass. Probably just a one off problem. I could see how DJI might tweak the spec for when the Mavic switches into ATTI when the various readings don't agree using FW upgrades, although we all are very quick to blame FW for problems if something out of the norm occurs soon after an update. Please let us know what the DJI engineers have to say after their review. I believe they often use problem logs such as yours as data points to determine if tweaking is needed on their side, but given the lack of transparency on everything included in FW updates, we may never know.

2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-26 09:02

Hello Adam, if the aircraft lost signal in a landing progress, it will initiate the RTH.
You can set the "Remote controller signal lost" option into Landing or Hover or RTH.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

meloyelo1228 Posted at 2017-4-26 15:22
Additional dat files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4cpmHM4Npt7RXFZOEtiM0tKM0k

Thank you. I have added these data to our engineers.
We appreciate your patience.
2017-4-26
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-26 18:04
I took a look at your logs. The problems flight was FLY067.dat

About 195 seconds into the flight, the problem started. Appeared that the compass and IMU (compass gyro) severely disagreed at this point, making it go into Atti mode. These errors were also indicated by the messages you show on your OP.

Awesome, thanks for the input! I'll be interested to see what DJI responds with also.
2017-4-27
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

meloyelo1228 Posted at 2017-4-27 04:07
Awesome, thanks for the input! I'll be interested to see what DJI responds with also.

DJI Mindy anything to report on this after review from the engineers? Thanks!
2017-5-2
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-26 17:07
Hi Adam,

Just to point out a few things so that we understand each other here on the forums. The term 'line of sight' reflects only the visual contact that you have with the aircraft. It does not relate to the connection between the drone and the remote. In official terms you have two options:

So you are telling me to use INCORRECT terminology to not confuse people instead of using correct terminology and educate people?

VLOS = VISUAL Line of Sight

LOS = Radio Line of Sight and it doesn't matter if you can see it or not with your eyes. I purport and contend that it would be more appropriate for people to learn the correct terminology rather than having to use incorrect terminology to not confuse people that are wrong while fully understanding your point.
2017-5-3
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-26 22:49
Hello Adam, if the aircraft lost signal in a landing progress, it will initiate the RTH.
You can set the "Remote controller signal lost" option into Landing or Hover or RTH.

Thanks Mindy!

Can always count on you for the answers!

Appreciation.
2017-5-3
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-5-3 17:36
So you are telling me to use INCORRECT terminology to not confuse people instead of using correct terminology and educate people?

VLOS = VISUAL Line of Sight

Well - to be honest - that's exactly what I'm suggesting ;-) The propagation of radio signals is a mostly unknown subject to the general public and therefore all similarities can be confusing. If this was hamm radio forum I wouldn't say a word but I've already seen such deep confusion caused by such abbreviations. Your choice of course, only my suggestion ;-)

To illustrate - I recall from years ago a conversation with an older ship master who said "it's amazing how those GPS satellites can accommodate all those signals from earth from the GPS receivers". I was kind enough not to correct him in his views since he was close to retirement and it wouldn't make any difference. But that's the level of understanding one has to deal with often enough.

Cheers!
2017-5-4
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I used to get tbe, so limited my time in sport usually. But really it's the wiring to the rear motors not being shielded. Once shielded, the mavic flys flawless. I can fly anywhere full out sport flip her in circles, the compass stays on point.
2017-5-4
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

Why are people suggesting on hitting the RTH button? There is no GPS data in atti mode. You can't RTH.
2017-5-4
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-5-4 09:25
Well - to be honest - that's exactly what I'm suggesting ;-) The propagation of radio signals is a mostly unknown subject to the general public and therefore all similarities can be confusing. If this was hamm radio forum I wouldn't say a word but I've already seen such deep confusion caused by such abbreviations. Your choice of course, only my suggestion ;-)

To illustrate - I recall from years ago a conversation with an older ship master who said "it's amazing how those GPS satellites can accommodate all those signals from earth from the GPS receivers". I was kind enough not to correct him in his views since he was close to retirement and it wouldn't make any difference. But that's the level of understanding one has to deal with often enough.

KK6KGK so yeah but I didn't even learn that terminology as a Hammy.

I was told one day by someone who corrected me what LOS vs VLOS was and it's not like it's not simple to understand.

FURTHERMORE, it could land one in trouble as flying LOS without the proper licenses and permits is against FAA regulations.  

With all due respect, my fellow HAM brother, I would think it would be wiser to let everyone know QUITE easily, that VLOS and LOS are very different things.

You can fly 30 miles away and still be in LOS if you have the right tools.

LOS = LOS Line of Sight FOR YOUR RADIO.  I wished it was actually called RLOS for this very purpose and have even petitioned the FAA to change the abbreviation but to the uninitiated here, the rules are you can only fly your bird VLOS recreationally and under 400'.  VLOS means:

VLOS = VISUAL Lone of Sight which simply means you can see the bird with your naked eyes.

LOS could mean behind 20 mountains and 30 miles (or 500 miles) as long as your radio can still see it (i.e. your remote) which obviously is illegal.

So for the record, VLOS and LOS are 2 very different things.  I can't even get myself to say LOS when I mean VLOS because of how different they are.
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

meloyelo1228 Posted at 2017-5-2 14:00
DJI Mindy anything to report on this after review from the engineers? Thanks!

Sorry for my late reply.
I have confirmed with our engineers. It's probably the compass hardware issue.
We'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
2017-5-10
Use props
meloyelo1228
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-10 19:09
Sorry for my late reply.
I have confirmed with our engineers. It's probably the compass hardware issue.
We'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.

Thanks for getting back to me Mindy. So what exactly is the "compass hardware issue" ? I've actually not had any problems since this so I may hold on a wait and see for the time being.
2017-5-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules