DJI warranty and collision avoidance - what it worth
2170 6 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
azza
lvl.1
Australia

I think DJI warranty and Collison avoidance of DJI Phantom 4 pro does not worth a penny.

My DJI Phantom $ Pro bought from official distributor in Australia in January 2017. Recently the drone collided to a tree, i have contacted DJI in order to get repaired by warranty they have issued RMA , drone was sent to DJI 10th April 2017, yesterday 24th April i have got damage assessment from DJI:

"

For your claimed case CAS-, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft was piloted under P-GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s control well;

2. T=362s, h=11m, the aircraft crashed into obstacles when flying forward after the pilot pushed pitch forward;

3. The obstacles was too slim and the aircraft could not recognize it;

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors. Our colleagues will follow up your case soon.

"

And after that i have got hefty quote for repair.

So if drone crashes to something instead of avoiding DJI would argue that obstacle is too small to recognize but big enough to crash to ....

My question is what is DJI warranty worth? i thing nothing. Drone was advertised with emphasize on its collision avoidance system however the system is not good enough to avoid collisions.

2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-4-24
Use props
azza
lvl.1
Australia

CAS-562756-S7B0J7
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have checked your case.The incident point location is:-21.0812733 149.1916270
According to your description and refer to the screenshot from google map, your aircraft crashed to the power lines. google map.png
Since the obstacle was too small to avoid, the aircraft crashed. Please refer to the screenshot.
manual.png

2017-4-24
Use props
azza
lvl.1
Australia

i am very much professional and most probably know about GPS much more than you, the accuracy simply can not be more than 50 meters, regardless, do you see tree on your picture - that is where it crash to , the tree. i understand that argument about too small can be endless, what is your definition of too small? moreover it says flying OVER and about infrared system - is it INFRARED system in front of aircraft ? What is in above says about collision avoidance system in front of aircraft?
However my congratulation this is best way not honor any warranty!
I am seriously considering just simply claim full cost of my purchase via claim to QCAT (Queensland Tribunal ). There is consumer protection law in Australia
2017-4-25
Use props
azza
lvl.1
Australia

obstacle
2017-4-25
Use props
azza
lvl.1
Australia

http://clip2net.com/s/3JR4U4I