Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Image Transmission Signal for a second
1143 5 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibuyufo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

I have a phantom 4 and lately I've been seeing No Image Transmission Signal moments after going up in the air.  I start recording the second the phantom 4 is flying and shortly after, it will display the no image transmission error for about a second.  Then the image comes back on and the gimbal does a wobble.  The recording has stopped and I have to restart it again.  I'll need to get a screen recorder for my ipad to capture this issue.  Are there any app recommendations?
Is this indicative of a bigger issue?

2017-4-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

My iPad Air 2+Cell has been doing that too lately.  Seems it happens right after I press the shutter button for a second where the video feed hiccups.  I haven't noticed a gimbal shake yet.  I suspect GO 4 is defective or firmware 1.80 in the RC.  My two Androids just show "Disconnected" now.  I give up on Android.

2017-4-24
Use props
ibuyufo
Second Officer
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-4-24 19:27
My iPad Air 2+Cell has been doing that too lately.  Seems it happens right after I press the shutter button for a second where the video feed hiccups.  I haven't noticed a gimbal shake yet.  I suspect GO 4 is defective or firmware 1.80 in the RC.  My two Androids just show "Disconnected" now.  I give up on Android.

I'm connected to the remote control using an iPad mini 4.  It's weird because I haven't seen this happen until about the last 2 weeks.

Also, the box showing the horizon, should that be leveled when flying?  I don't know if it's the wind or what, but when I fly, it shows that the horizon is a bit tilted, about 5 degrees.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try the following button combinations to see if it helps:

Reset the Rc:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

For the wobbling, I would recommend an IMU, then gimbal calibration in that order.

2017-4-24
Use props
ibuyufo
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-24 20:58
Try the following button combinations to see if it helps:

Reset the Rc:

Thanks Jamie.  It seems that the camera/gimbal turns off mid flight and then turns back on again.  Maybe I'm wrong about this assumption.  Also, when I look at the saved files, the files that were being recorded before the image disconnect are all saved with the Dec 31, 2013 date, 11:00 PM.  Every time it has this issue, it saves it with that date.  Looking back at all the recorded files in the SD Card, it seems that it started on April 9, 2017 at around 2:48 - 2:49 PM.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ibuyufo Posted at 2017-4-24 21:27
Thanks Jamie.  It seems that the camera/gimbal turns off mid flight and then turns back on again.  Maybe I'm wrong about this assumption.  Also, when I look at the saved files, the files that were being recorded before the image disconnect are all saved with the Dec 31, 2013 date, 11:00 PM.  Every time it has this issue, it saves it with that date.  Looking back at all the recorded files in the SD Card, it seems that it started on April 9, 2017 at around 2:48 - 2:49 PM.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, when the feed disconnects and the camera/gimbal shuts off, do you mean that the gimbal literally goes limp or does it still attempt to keep itself off. The time stamps that you're referring to is on the metadata on the files themselves, correct?
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules