Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
remote does not connect
1770 18 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamklunyk
New

Australia

I've been in contact with DJI they dont seem to know much, I can't connect - tried all there suggestion and all you tube videos.manual and via app - any ideas for this before I return product?

2017-4-24
Use props
ScottyCopter
New

United States

Me too.  In the DJI GO app the photo of the remote for the standard is the wrong remote
2017-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Perhaps, you both might try to reinstall the app?

RedHotPoker
2017-4-25
Use props
ScottyCopter
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-4-25 12:06
Perhaps, you both might try to reinstall the app?

I just reinstalled it last night.  If you can take a look under equipment, the remote is wrong for the P3 Standard.
2017-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ScottyCopter Posted at 2017-4-25 12:07
I just reinstalled it last night.  If you can take a look under equipment, the remote is wrong for the P3 Standard.

Did you clear the cache and cookies, and reboot the device before reinstalling the app?

Not sure why these annomalies occur...? But I can feel and understand the frustration you are experiencing.

RedHotPoker
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what mobile device you use? Could you clarify as to what you've done thus far to try and rectify the issue?
2017-4-25
Use props
ScottyCopter
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-25 20:16
Could you clarify what mobile device you use? Could you clarify as to what you've done thus far to try and rectify the issue?

I am using an LG Stylo 2.  I have downloaded the DJI GO app and there is no option to connect my remote with wifi.  When I touch connect for the Phantom 3 Standard it just shows the wrong remote control and wants me to connect my phone to the USB port on my remote (which I don't have on my Standard remote)

How to I get it to connect via wifi.  I've done everything in the manuals, online tutorials, etc.

Do I just have a lemon drone?  I have tried since Christmas and still can't get it to turn on.  I can get the camera to move up and down, but that is it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
2017-4-30
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You must use preferences of the mobile phone or tablet to connect the phone with your Phantom,else the Go app can´t communicate with the copter. Go on preferences to WIFI,power on the RC and AC,wait few seconds and look on the screen of the phone/tablet you will see under available networks the Phantom <P3S_xxxxx> tab <connect> and type in the password "12341234". Few secs after the phone/tablet show up the message <connected> for the phantom and a warning <no internet connection>. That could be normal. Return to the home screen and tab the Go app. 10 - 12 secs after the P3S will be shown up.
I hope that helps you.
2017-4-30
Use props
ScottyCopter
New

United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-30 08:32
You must use preferences of the mobile phone or tablet to connect the phone with your Phantom,else the Go app can´t communicate with the copter. Go on preferences to WIFI,power on the RC and AC,wait few seconds and look on the screen of the phone/tablet you will see under available networks the Phantom  tab  and type in the password "12341234". Few secs after the phone/tablet show up the message  for the phantom and a warning . That could be normal. Return to the home screen and tab the Go app. 10 - 12 secs after the P3S will be shown up.
I hope that helps you.

Thank you.  I will try that when I get home.
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ScottyCopter Posted at 2017-5-1 09:06
Thank you.  I will try that when I get home.

Peterx's advice should do the trick. The WiFi connection is not prompted in the Go app directly, you would first need to connect to the WiFi source from your device's WiFi list first before it would register in the Go app. Please keep us posted on how it went.
2017-5-1
Use props
pete m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4803 ft
United States

ScottyCopter Posted at 2017-4-25 12:04
Me too.  In the DJI GO app the photo of the remote for the standard is the wrong remote

Mine too. I got it to work anyway and it is a very impressive drone. I hope you can work it out.
2017-5-1
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Skotty,did you get the right Phantom on the display of your phone yet? Pete,glad to se your bird flying.
2017-5-2
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

I seem to be having the same issue as I can't get the motors to spin either.I did the latest firmware update and I can get the camera to work but that's all.I deleted the DJI go APP and reinstalled it but so far
nothing.I don't have the propellers on but I want to spin the motors to make sure they are working properly first like the tutorial showed.
I have the Samsung S5  and Phantom_xxxxe for wifi.
2017-5-11
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Sorry,I forgot to add that I can't get to this screen for some reason and I know I downloaded the right App.

2017-5-11
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Skippy_74 Posted at 2017-5-11 09:43
Sorry,I forgot to add that I can't get to this screen for some reason and I know I downloaded the right App.

[view_image]

that screen isn't in DjiGo.  Go to you wifi settings on you LG device, there you will find the Phantom********, select it then close.  Then open the Go app, should connect without a problem.  You will also need to forget the home wifi router in you wifi list or you could have it trying to switch to it while you are flying.
2017-5-11
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Thank you WD9EON ,I was watching on youtube and it said "DJI Phantom 3 - Phantom 3 Standard Activation and it's one out of Phantom 3 Series
DJI Support videos.I guess just because it's there it doesn't apply to everybody.Shortly after I posted the last time I linked the transmitter to the drone again and
turned them both off then back on and I don't know why but I held the control sticks for a good 20 seconds and the motors started humming.I didn't realize I had to
hold them for a long time or a successfully ? managed to get the transmitter and drone to talk to each other.I tried to come edit my last post but I waited to long and
I have been trying to get around in the app.It's raining and I still have some reading before I make a maiden flight.   
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Skippy_74 Posted at 2017-5-11 12:40
Thank you WD9EON ,I was watching on youtube and it said "DJI Phantom 3 - Phantom 3 Standard Activation and it's one out of Phantom 3 Series
DJI Support videos.I guess just because it's there it doesn't apply to everybody.Shortly after I posted the last time I linked the transmitter to the drone again and
turned them both off then back on and I don't know why but I held the control sticks for a good 20 seconds and the motors started humming.I didn't realize I had to

Good to hear you were able to get it sorted.
2017-5-11
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Yes it was as I was beginning to think I was shipped a wrong transmitter but after reading a lot,watching videos it seemed to come together.I see a maiden voyage coming up pretty soon
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Skippy_74 Posted at 2017-5-11 19:31
Yes it was as I was beginning to think I was shipped a wrong transmitter but after reading a lot,watching videos it seemed to come together.I see a maiden voyage coming up pretty soon

I'm sure you'll do great, happy flying!
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules