Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello again guys

My new Mavic will not eject its micro SD card.  I know the card sits fully inserted when fitted, and you need a thin flat item (like another micro sd card) to push it in to eject, but mine will not eject at all.
The slot is so narrow I see no way to use anythign like tweezers to get this card out.  

This means the only way I have to transfer files is via the USB cable which takes 10 times as long.  It also means I have no way to upgrade the card.

Has anyone esle suffered this?

Cheers

Ian

2017-4-25
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Mine ejected very easily buy pushing in with my nail (short nails at that). If you can transfer, it must be in the correct way, but may be slightly askew and jammed.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansbd8cc3e1
New
Germany

Hi,
I had the same problem.
Use a tweezers with pointed ends.Spreize the tweezers and go with the pointed ends horizontally to the two ends of the SD card and pull them out with little force from the slot.
I hope you succeed
Greeting Heinz
2017-4-25
Use props
Dinner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146647 ft
Austria

I had the same problem with my new micro sd card. It fixed itself after i ignored the problem and took my mavic for a flight. I think the vibrations from the flying mavic fixed the spring for the sd card.
2017-4-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Are you sure you didn't insert it the other way around? It goes with the contacts up (which is not natural to me)
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi lan, please try to rub the SD card with fine sandpaper gently.
2017-4-25
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
France

I'm travelling at the moment so don't have the tools to try....  Yes, the card is in the right way as it's recording fine, but I can't really rub it with sand paper as it's in the slot...  I'll try with fine tweezers when I'm back home....

Thanks
Ian

2017-4-27
Use props
pedrodinis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 896476 ft
Portugal

When I got mine, it had the same problem. Try jiggling it with a needle or something pointy. Once I got it out, it worked normal again.
2017-4-27
Use props
Zach_C
New

Australia

Just had that issue - fixed it by getting a pin ( you could use any fined ended object) then just placed the pinhead to the right of the SD card then pushed it to the left a little. Do the same on the left side if the right didn't work...

____

Good luck!
2020-4-21
Use props
Cher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1377087 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue. This is my 3rd mavic drone and I'm not sure why, all of a sudden, my micro SD card is struck and has to be removed with tweezers. I've changed SD cards to ensure it was not a faulty card. Frustrated, for sure!
2020-8-20
Use props
Cher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1377087 ft
  • >>>
United States

As an update to my last post on 8/20/20, the second micro SD card was also stuck in the aircraft. Further, I was not able to format my SD card when I used my drone the next time and had to pull it out again, with tweezers. DJI Customer Service said to send in my drone for repairs, which is impossible because I use it every day for work. I've had this drone for 13 months and this should not be happening...very disappointing!
2020-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cher Posted at 8-24 09:00
As an update to my last post on 8/20/20, the second micro SD card was also stuck in the aircraft. Further, I was not able to format my SD card when I used my drone the next time and had to pull it out again, with tweezers. DJI Customer Service said to send in my drone for repairs, which is impossible because I use it every day for work. I've had this drone for 13 months and this should not be happening...very disappointing!

So DJI service offer to fix the aircraft, but you are too busy to send it in. Yet you are not too busy to whine about it?
2020-8-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-24 14:46
So DJI service offer to fix the aircraft, but you are too busy to send it in. Yet you are not too busy to whine about it?

Whining only take a few minutes. Returning the drone takes an eternity. Time is a variable, Einstein further proved it, look it up.
2020-8-26
Use props
Kamugözü
New

Turkey

Same problem. Try to insert a pin from left side (when looked from top of the drone) of the card to release the latch.
2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules