Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic return to home issues
1234 4 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pilotmoonfilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70341 ft
United States

After pressing the 'Return to Home' button on the remote control, the mavic starts it's return but abruptly 'slams on the brakes'. It move about 15 or 20 feet in the direction of it's home point and hits the brakes again. It hovers for about 5 seconds and attempts it's flight home again, makes it about 15 feet or so and then hits the brakes and on and on.
Anyone know of this issue or what might be causing this?
2017-4-25
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Your symptoms sound like your home point has the aircraft heading into the sun.  The object avoidance will sometimes mistake this for an obstacle and halt forward movement.
2017-4-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-4-25 09:32
Your symptoms sound like your home point has the aircraft heading into the sun.  The object avoidance will sometimes mistake this for an obstacle and halt forward movement.

EastyT is very likely correct about OA being the cause of the behavior you saw, though I'd add that it doesn't necessarily even have to be facing the sun. For example, it wasn't in this case.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email?  I'll help to check it.
Besides, please export the flight data via DJI assistant then upload it to google drive or dropbox and send me the link.
2017-4-26
Use props
pilotmoonfilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70341 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-26 01:32
Could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email?  I'll help to check it.
Besides, please export the flight data via DJI assistant then upload it to google drive or dropbox and send me the link.

Hi.
Still having the problem. I've synced my flight records. My email is davidallison13@yahoo.com
Please let me know what else you need me to do. Thanks.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules