Jake's Rocks Kinzua Dam Overlook
1039 10 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I took my bike for a ride and decided to take my Mavic with me. I rode towards the Kinzua Dam. I wanted to get a nice view of it. So I used the Jake's Rocks Overlook area. I'm still new to editing and fly my Mavic so please forgive me for the crappy video. I need to learn to slowly turn and not jerk the video around. Also for those who are wondering why I didn't go further towards the dam. Well I really wanted to but am still very nervous about my Mavic going out of control and it crashing. Also didn't know if I am allowed to fly near it.

2017-4-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.

It can be difficult to fly over the water for the first time or a bit scary. You just need to rely on your skills and the equipment.
One tip about your video is to slow down the gimbal and your yaw of the Mavic. This will make the video smoother to watch and a bit more cinematic too

All the best
Rich
2017-4-25
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-25 09:55
Thanks for sharing.

It can be difficult to fly over the water for the first time or a bit scary. You just need to rely on your skills and the equipment.

Thanks. Yeah I have been trying to slow down on the movements . I'm getting better. My first video was horrible. It's fun and I am learning to be better. Thanks again.
2017-4-25
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burmman Posted at 2017-4-25 15:31
Thanks. Yeah I have been trying to slow down on the movements . I'm getting better. My first video was horrible. It's fun and I am learning to be better. Thanks again.

In case you don't know, most people actually slow down the gimbal movements in the settings, it makes it a lot easier. A quick youtube search will explain what to do!
2017-4-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burmman Posted at 2017-4-25 15:31

I was just trying to help and not be critical of your video. See the screen shot of my settings (maybe this could give you a starting point)?

Practice makes everyone better
Rich
IMG_8079.PNG
2017-4-25
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
United States

RoomierPanda Posted at 2017-4-25 16:07
In case you don't know, most people actually slow down the gimbal movements in the settings, it makes it a lot easier. A quick youtube search will explain what to do!

I honestly didn't know that. Thank you, I'm going to do that. I get so excited and go to quickly.
2017-4-26
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-25 18:48
I was just trying to help and not be critical of your video. See the screen shot of my settings (maybe this could give you a starting point)?

Practice makes everyone better

Rich,
  No I appreciate the help. I am always open to having others help me out and point me in the right direction. That's the great part of coming here is all the great info that I didn't know and can learn. I'm going to slow the gimble down and I think that will help 100% .
2017-4-26
Use props
fkindome
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130682 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing...I'm also virtually new and have been learning from here. Now one thing I see in your video which I have also been struggling with is the quality of the video. I see that your video is not as sharp and crisp as others I have seen being posted here. Question is how can one improve on the video quality? Any tips...thanks.
2017-4-26
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
United States

fkindome Posted at 2017-4-26 05:57
Thanks for sharing...I'm also virtually new and have been learning from here. Now one thing I see in your video which I have also been struggling with is the quality of the video. I see that your video is not as sharp and crisp as others I have seen being posted here. Question is how can one improve on the video quality? Any tips...thanks.

Thanks. I'm not sure why it looks that way. When it was recorded it was in 1080. I just made one yesterday and used the 2.7 K setting so we will see how it shows up.

As for improving in the settings is a spot that you can increase the quality . I would have you so confused trying to tell you how to do it. I would suggest either search on here or You tube and see the best settings for the Mavic.
2017-4-27
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
United States

So I uploaded the new video to You tube and it's really crappy. On my end it looked great and then you tube ruined it for me. Is there a better place to upload my Mavic videos ?
2017-4-27
Use props
Igor42
lvl.2
Russia

It's a good start!
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules