In Flight App Disconnect with S8+ and Phantom 4
625 5 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustAskJask
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624485 ft
United States

First flights with new Phantom 4 and new S8+.  I do this professionally so I'm fairly experienced.  Seemed to work great until app just shuts down, no error or anything, just gone.  I look at my open apps on S8+ and the app is still open.  I activate it, DJI GO4 opens up to the main screen where I can go back to the flight screen and the flight is still going.  Usually happened during video capture.  Video was still going most times.  Once I was over the "WTF"/{:4_117:} feeling it worked fine.  Happened on both flights multiple times.  I could still control the Phantom itself even when the app crapped out.

Anyone else?
2017-4-25
Use props
Magna131
New
United States

I'm having the same exact issue using my Nexus 9. I had to return to home as I was in the middle of turning when the app crashed on me so my orientation was off. Thankfully it came home but it sure leaves the drone useless for photography if I'm left to guess what I'm shooting!
2017-4-26
Use props
JustAskJask
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624485 ft
United States

Magna131 Posted at 2017-4-26 00:32
I'm having the same exact issue using my Nexus 9. I had to return to home as I was in the middle of turning when the app crashed on me so my orientation was off. Thankfully it came home but it sure leaves the drone useless for photography if I'm left to guess what I'm shooting!

Did you try to reopen the app and see if it came back "online"?  Mine seemed to hook right back up so I could see again at least.  Then that video was shot but i could carry on.
2017-4-26
Use props
1Acomputer
lvl.2

Austria

Still the same, Galaxy S6 Android 7
2017-4-26
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 985807 ft
United States

I had this same problem with my Phantom 4, but I was using an iPhone 6. It disconnected, the RTH kicked in, and it crashed into a tree. I sent it to warranty, and they were very nice about it, however, I have also used a Samsung, and I think that Apple products seem to work better with the drones, as the company has ties with apple.
2017-4-26
Use props
fans66d40b4c
lvl.2
United States

I think it's the android new platform Nougat you have to Roll your android System back to marshmallow. I had the same issue. I would be flying fine then the app would just shut down. I could still fly but Blind  
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules