Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loose battery, not happy
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

Hi to all who reads this. I've got a replacement DJI phantom 4 advanced (read my previous post to see why I've got a replacement) and the battery is loose when it's fastened into the drone, it's brand new out the box and not the sort of quality you'd expect when you've parted with a £1000. I'm not happy and will probably return to Argos from where it was purchased as my previous phantom did not have a battery issue like this and my concern is if it comes loose during flight and lose power the consequences could be disastrous. I don't want to return to DJI as I don't want a refurbished drone. Anyone recommend a Mavic over the phantom as I'm starting to lose faith in the product. Thanks to all, fly safe.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please provide some photos or videos of the battery issue?
I'll help to check it.
2017-4-26
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Here's the link to the video
2017-4-27
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-26 18:35
Could you please provide some photos or videos of the battery issue?
I'll help to check it.

I've posted a video here's the link Thanks.
2017-4-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13875118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You might have the problem because you are pressing the release buttons while pushing the battery in.
Try it again by only applying pressure to the rear of the battery and wait for the loud click.
It should be sitting rock solid then.
2017-4-27
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-27 08:42
You might have the problem because you are pressing the release buttons while pushing the battery in.
Try it again by only applying pressure to the rear of the battery and wait for the loud click.

It doesn't matter how I seat the battery it still has this movement, my concern is that it will wear out the electrical connections over time due to arcing through the terminals. This will cause extra current (amps) being drawn from the battery shortening flying time and battery life. The worst case scenario is power failure whilst flying causing an accident. My first phantom 4 did not have this issue and if people put up with this problem DJI will never resolve it.
2017-4-28
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-27 08:42

It doesn't matter how I seat the battery it still has this movement, my concern is that it will wear out the electrical connections over time due to arcing through the terminals. This will cause extra current (amps) being drawn from the battery shortening flying time and battery life. The worst case scenario is power failure whilst flying causing an accident. My first phantom 4 did not have this issue and if people put up with this problem DJI will never resolve it.
2017-4-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr Pete Posted at 2017-4-28 00:30

There will always be some slight lateral movement in the battery, or at least there is on my P4. I've used this for about a year now without any problems at all. £1000 is almost entry level price for drones, and although a significant cost, it pales when compared to the cost of their 'professional' equipment.

Should the power fail then the worst case should be damage to the aircraft only. In fact if there is any failure then it will just drop (propeller, motor, control system, battery etc).

If you're not happy with it then return it and check replacement before leaving shop.
2017-4-28
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-4-28 03:28
There will always be some slight lateral movement in the battery, or at least there is on my P4. I've used this for about a year now without any problems at all. £1000 is almost entry level price for drones, and although a significant cost, it pales when compared to the cost of their 'professional' equipment.

Should the power fail then the worst case should be damage to the aircraft only. In fact if there is any failure then it will just drop (propeller, motor, control system, battery etc).

I've just picked up a new phantom 4 and the battery seats nicely with no movement, obviously some drones are coming out of the factory and this issue isn't being picked up at quality control. Regardless of price the battery should not be loose.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mr Pete Posted at 2017-4-27 08:08
I've posted a video here's the link https://youtu.be/sEgGaW36zMQ. Thanks.

Sorry for my late reply.
Could you please help to measure the width of the gap?
2017-5-3
Use props
apomares-Vzla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633609 ft
United States

I notice in P4 and P4P battery are not as firm as in the P3P. In the P4P I have to press the battery release buttons and push in order to get the battery in place. All my 3 batteries does not sit firmly as the P3P.
2017-5-4
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-3 22:11
Sorry for my late reply.
Could you please help to measure the width of the gap?

Hi I no longer have the Phantom 4 with the loose battery as I have exchanged it with the retailer from where it was purchased (Argos). Thanks.
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mr Pete Posted at 2017-5-5 01:20
Hi I no longer have the Phantom 4 with the loose battery as I have exchanged it with the retailer from where it was purchased (Argos). Thanks.

Thank you for your update.
Hope you enjoy your flight with DJI product. :-)
2017-5-5
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-5 02:21
Thank you for your update.
Hope you enjoy your flight with DJI product. :-)

Hi DJI Mindy, i am afraid DJI is not taking seriously about their customers ...It is not that simple as send the Phantom 4 Pro to DJI, and i want to explain to you why if you don t mind ...
1) I live in Argentina so if i send it i will probably have to wait at least 3 month untill i get it back
2) I will have to pay customs again when the drome get back from US.
3) I have my drone registered on ANAC (like your FAA) and that cost me like 500 us Dollars and if they send me a new drone i have to pay that again.

So do you have any other solution for South American people?
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-3-11 15:35
Hi DJI Mindy, i am afraid DJI is not taking seriously about their customers ...It is not that simple as send the Phantom 4 Pro to DJI, and i want to explain to you why if you don t mind ...
1) I live in Argentina so if i send it i will probably have to wait at least 3 month untill i get it back
2) I will have to pay customs again when the drome get back from US.

We totally understand your concern and frustration, at this moment, we do not have official DJI repair center in South America, if the drone need the warranty service, it will need to be sent to NA official repair center and the customer will need to pay for the shipping cost and customs, therefore, we recommend to contact dealer to see if they can help, besides, there are recommended repair center, you may find the nearest one for assistance: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
We are working on improving our after-sales customer service, so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-3-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or a simpler solution:-

You can add second or third elastic band for dual or triple redundancy
IMG_5070 - Copy.JPG
2018-3-22
Use props
Airflowfredde
New
Flight distance : 39672 ft

Sweden

I borrowed a Phantom 4 pro from a friend and lost the battery mid flight and the drone crashed and i could not fint it :-(
I Found the battery tho.... I talked to DJI and the wanted the serienumber of the drone to see what could have happened.

The only thing is that i cant find it anywhere. I am waiting for my friend to find the reseat if it might be there.

2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules