Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
auto landing gear & RTH
944 4 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HV_Sparks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 732267 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

If I have the landing gear set to manual, when 'return-to-home' is initiated with the aircraft automatically lower the landing gear?

Thanks.

2017-4-26
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I'm going to be one of those people who replies without actually knowing for sure... but based on what I know, here goes.  When  set to auto it lowers when it senses that the ground is close.  When RTH is activated the gear lowers before it makes its journey home... So I presume the same will happen if RTH is activated when it is set to manual.  I think it is a safe bet to try it as you will have lots of time to lower it again if it doesn't do it on its own before starting to come home... I
2017-4-26
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

If you don't try it before me then I will and update you later...
2017-4-26
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Usually during a RTH scenario you  turn off the RTH function once you have sight of the AC. But you pose an interesting question .   I would assume it would but will test this next time I go out .
I assume you are meaning if you have the atuo gear disabled  will it still lower the gear.

donnie

2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Even when the landing gear is set to manual, the landing gear would still lower during a RTH function when it's ready to self land.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules