1257 7 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nzfritz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

After watching the same topic a UK guy posted for this on his Mavic, I thought I better test it myself.

I set the critical low level to 25% to be safe.

At the critical low level (beeping and flashing red etc) the craft continued to fly as normal.  It did not decend and it did not RTH.

Just thought I'd let you all know in case you were wondering, because I was...
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you have smart RTH enabled or disabled?
2017-4-26
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 15:11
Just to clarify, did you have smart RTH enabled or disabled?

DJI-Jamie.  It was enabled.  Just checked again today for you.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-4-28 02:19
DJI-Jamie.  It was enabled.  Just checked again today for you.

Smart RTH gives you the ability to activate the failsafe at will via the RTH button, so that might not have been the best one to look for, I apologize. The embedded low battery RTH function calculates when to enter failsafe based on how high and far out it is from the Home point. The warnings that you set in the battery section will only help to keep you alert when engrossed in flying. If you're still close to the home point, it will not demand for you to RTH or land any sooner than necessary. If you're much farther away from the home point, then it may request RTH or self land sooner than the warning levels that were set.
2017-4-28
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-28 12:33
Smart RTH gives you the ability to activate the failsafe at will via the RTH button, so that might not have been the best one to look for, I apologize. The embedded low battery RTH function calculates when to enter failsafe based on how high and far out it is from the Home point. The warnings that you set in the battery section will only help to keep you alert when engrossed in flying. If you're still close to the home point, it will not demand for you to RTH or land any sooner than necessary. If you're much farther away from the home point, then it may request RTH or self land sooner than the warning levels that were set.

Thanks for this helpful information Jamie.
2017-4-28
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

I see. Well I always land before 20% battery (actually usually around 25-50%). So I should be safe!!

Thanks for the insight though, always good to know...
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-4-29 04:12
I see. Well I always land before 20% battery (actually usually around 25-50%). So I should be safe!!

Thanks for the insight though, always good to know...

You're welcome, happy flying!
2017-4-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job Jamie...

Rich
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules