Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This footage looks normal?
1441 15 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

please i cant this vignetting getting me crazy, is it only me?
my mavic has awefull vignetting on the footage and getting things really hard to fix in post , i saw people that dont have this in the same setting and everything and only me suffering from it. Is there answer?
Look at this, RAW FOOTAGE NO POST.
Look at the seats when im panning look how from dark and lost details when i pan suddenly the seats are shown as needed.
nothing is automated, shot on d-log. (art , cinelike d , every style suffering from this vignetting. )
1/50 shutter (25frames per sec ) , +1 sharp , -2 , -2 ; Custom WB .
Is this normal???

Can some one from DJI Answer this? or how to contact them?

2017-4-26
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

wow Looked in 4k, and you might as well filmed a monkeys butt. Red spot, out of focus. Set everything back to default and film in 4k manual, bind c1 or something to center focus and see what you get, go from there. Think you jumped right to something you read. That's not normal for day shot.
2017-4-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Which ND filter did you use?
2017-4-26
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

Do you have a filter or some sort of cover on?  It looks like a dark shadow on the corners as though you were filming though a tube - more pronounced on the left third of the screen
2017-4-26
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-26 16:29
wow Looked in 4k, and you might as well filmed a monkeys butt. Red spot, out of focus. Set everything back to default and film in 4k manual, bind c1 or something to center focus and see what you get, go from there. Think you jumped right to something you read. That's not normal for day shot.

I Know right?
thats the problem i set everything 100 times before shooting. its not possible.
i already reset whole setting, reset camera, still doing the same stuff.
2017-4-26
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-26 19:07
Which ND filter did you use?

Here was use ND32 By Polar pro, As i can say after testing all filters, THIS PROBLEM APPERS without filters also.
2017-4-26
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

SeaComms Posted at 2017-4-26 20:55
Do you have a filter or some sort of cover on?  It looks like a dark shadow on the corners as though you were filming though a tube - more pronounced on the left third of the screen

Its a little bit under exp, but.
Yes i used ND32 by PolarPro, but the footage looks same thing WITHOUT FILTERS.
2017-4-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-26 21:49
Its a little bit under exp, but.
Yes i used ND32 by PolarPro, but the footage looks same thing WITHOUT FILTERS.

It's way underexposed. Forget for a moment trying to get a cinematic shutter speed and try it again in auto exposure mode to see if the vignetting is more manageable/tolerable.

You see these things also with regular cameras when using less expensive ND filters, but I don't think we have a lot of options.

2017-4-27
Use props
ReinisK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21946 ft
Latvia

My mavic certaintly doesn't do this in video, but are you really sure, that it's not the ND's fault? Could you upload some shots without the ND?

This is really interesting, because Mavic's lens definetely creates a very noticeable vignette, which you can see, if you edit raw DNG photos without lens corrections.
Most likely all Mavics have this kind of vignetting in raw DNG photos, but for jpegs and videos the internal processing removes the vignette by brightening the corners. That means, that the corners of the image (as I've noticed in my videos) are very noisy, because of the internal processing compensating for the vignette and lifting exposure.

If we could disable the internal vignette correction and use an optical vignette correction, like a specifically designed radially graduated Nd filter, that would improve the Mavic's image in the corners a lot.
But since DJI probably won't introduce a setting for disabling internal vignette correction, and ND like this would be useless. But your example is very interesting, since it kind of looks like the vignette hasn't been corrected. I would really like to see a video without any ND filter.
2017-4-29
Use props
fans1fee6218
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

I have only flown my mavic twice but am not getting any 4k video at all. Photo attached
2017-4-29
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

Hey all, As you all thought its about ND or underexposure problem well its NOT.

Its Ev on 0.3+ (manual somewhere 1/400 or 600) , Shot on Normal . 1+-1,0
Notice building change color, Vignetting is very COLD Colors.
Look carefully when panning, notice how the color shift.

0:00 Look at the center building and the RIGHT ONE, They are the same color should be, its same walls. same everything.
Buildling on the left, look when i pan to it , it gets brighter and warmer.

it goes on all video , no matter what.
want another great example? Look at 0:18, see the yellow house on the right? watch how it "paints" warmer color as it gets in the center of the frame.

Im sorry but this is NOT NORMAL AT ALL.

As far i saw, 1/4 mavics suffer from this terrible vignetting.

2017-4-29
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

ReinisK Posted at 2017-4-29 10:14
My mavic certaintly doesn't do this in video, but are you really sure, that it's not the ND's fault? Could you upload some shots without the ND?

This is really interesting, because Mavic's lens definetely creates a very noticeable vignette, which you can see, if you edit raw DNG photos without lens corrections.

watch i uploaded for you and others.
2017-4-29
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-27 07:25
It's way underexposed. Forget for a moment trying to get a cinematic shutter speed and try it again in auto exposure mode to see if the vignetting is more manageable/tolerable.

You see these things also with regular cameras when using less expensive ND filters, but I don't think we have a lot of options.

i uploaded video for you, its without ND, still same problem.
and its not underexposure this time. still same problem.
2017-4-29
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-29 16:10
Hey all, As you all thought its about ND or underexposure problem well its NOT.

Its Ev on 0.3+ (manual somewhere 1/400 or 600) , Shot on Normal . 1+-1,0

Yeah can see it clearly in the sky at 5 seconds. The fast pan is the cause of the compression artifacts though. I can't see that kind of hotspot without filters. With filters, especially the nd 32 on water can see it for sure. Can see no hotspot, Denny first time fpv so lol http://bit.ly/2pwkXqG
2017-4-29
Use props
ReinisK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21946 ft
Latvia

I want your Mavic, Dorsap I've got to test mine now, maybe this could've happen due to firmware update?
What's your firmware version? I would appreciate if you posted all of the settings like resolution, framerate, PAL/NTSC.
Also, can you upload a raw DNG photo?
2017-4-30
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

ReinisK Posted at 2017-4-30 03:48
I want your Mavic, Dorsap  I've got to test mine now, maybe this could've happen due to firmware update?
What's your firmware version? I would appreciate if you posted all of the settings like resolution, framerate, PAL/NTSC.
Also, can you upload a raw DNG photo?

Why would you want this mavic ?
i updated on my phone so i guess my mavic is .550 cause as i saw the 0.600 is only thorugh the pc need to update,
And will post everything you asked for.
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules