P4P Controller Charging IPHONE...
1193 10 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just noticed after updating the P4P+ that the controller is NOW charging the phone automatically when you turn everthing on. You will see an Icon on the top right next to the ...

2017-4-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And how long does it take to charge?   It's probably just the trickle necessary to carry the signal triggering the icon and nothing that actually charges your Phone.
2017-4-26
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually, the charge rate is slightly less than an Ipad uses and about even with what most android devices consume.  Keep everything charged up before you fly so nothing craps out while in the air
I have seen some horror stories on the forums of ipads dying in mid flight BC someone forgot to charge it.
2017-4-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-26 19:24
And how long does it take to charge?   It's probably just the trickle necessary to carry the signal triggering the icon and nothing that actually charges your Phone.

Nope you are wrong on that.

I tried it on both P4P+ and P4P.

On the P4P, it kept charging the phone while the GO4 is running. I kept the app/ AC running for 10 minutes   and I kept going out of the GO4 app to check and the phone and the phone kept being charged, almost 11% in around 10 minutes.

I thought let me try it on the P4P+ controller. so if you only turn the controller and then plug the IPHONE it start charging the phone but it gives a black screen with the message:

THERE IS NO CONTENT AVAILABLE FOR IMPORTING ON THE DEVICE.

If you turn on the controller and then the AC it works normally until you attach the IPHONE thru the USB and then you the screen goes black,m it start charging the phone and then gives you the above message and you are kind of stuck on that screen and you have to shut down everything.

DJI, Ken, Jamie any input on that???

2017-4-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-26 19:41
Actually, the charge rate is slightly less than an Ipad uses and about even with what most android devices consume.  Keep everything charged up before you fly so nothing craps out while in the air
I have seen some horror stories on the forums of ipads dying in mid flight BC someone forgot to charge it.

Aero,

It is NOT draining the Iphone but charging the Iphone. I will try it on the MINI4 tomorrow and see.
2017-4-26
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

dronist Posted at 2017-4-26 19:57
Nope you are wrong on that.

I tried it on both P4P+ and P4P.

Dronist, I don't have the + controller, but what would be the reason for linking an iPhone (or iPad) to the USB port in a + controller? Just curious...
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-27 02:31
Dronist, I don't have the + controller, but what would be the reason for linking an iPhone (or iPad) to the USB port in a + controller? Just curious...

Antonio,

No reason, it started with the P4P when I used my Iphone so I was curious if the P4P+ will do the same thing and WHAT   

It did it too...
2017-4-27
Use props
GoodmanRP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

On Android, the controller loads all the time!
2017-4-27
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 07:36
Antonio,

No reason, it started with the P4P when I used my Iphone so I was curious if the P4P+ will do the same thing and WHAT   

Ah, I see your reasons, but I don't think the two things are comparable, I mean, when you connect a tablet or phone to a non + controller, it will run the dji or other flight Apps, while if you connect it to the USB port in a + controller it probably will not even be recognized. (just a thought). But it is always good to experiment to find an answer to one's doubts
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-27 09:03
Ah, I see your reasons, but I don't think the two things are comparable, I mean, when you connect a tablet or phone to a non + controller, it will run the dji or other flight Apps, while if you connect it to the USB port in a + controller it probably will not even be recognized. (just a thought). But it is always good to experiment to find an answer to one's doubts

Actually the IPhone got recognized by the P4P+ controller as an INPUT DEVICE, similar to an SD card but it could not access the data because obviously it is not an SD card.

The thing am questioning is why both controllers are NOW acting as a charging battery for the IPhone. Am not complaining. Another source to charge my phone but I will try some test to see how much battery is the P4P controller is loosing when charging and running the GO4 APP.
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-27 09:03

I tried the MINI4 with the P4P+ controller. It says it is charging but then it stopped.

I tired the MINI4 with the P4P controller and guess it start charging and still chrging even efeter I connected the APP, AC???

So now 2 devices are being charged while flying the P4P.
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules