My P4P life
1314 15 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

I started to learn about drones after a spinal injury kept me in bed most of the time, stuck watching YouTube most of my time.

I came across YouTubers like Casey Neistat or Roman Atwood.
Then found real cool drone channels like DroneU and FliteTest.

I had two options in life,
Stay home, collect government aid and SSI/SSD

Or

Become a drone pilot then open a drone business here in Southern Minnesota.

Well you should of guessed what I decided to do. I saved up enough money and bought everything I needed to start my journey.
New P4P with extra batteries sd cards new iPad Air 2 etc. DJI Care Refresh, because since I'm new, I expected to crash.

So then after a few months of flying it happens, I crashed. And it could not of happened at a worse time. I was doing a demo for a Lawfirm and used the return to home feature I've used tons of times before. Well it returned to a tree instead. No big deal, I have DJI Care, right?

Well....after calling DJI customer support and was told it would take 10 days to return my drone, this timeframe had me worried because I have a few clients booked out a few weeks. So I followed directions and sent in my drone....then this where the not so fun starts..

After taking only a few days to get to their repair factory, it took over a week to even open my box. Then another week for inspections etc.
the 10day time frame was not so accurate...so then I get a call from a supervisor this past Monday,
My drone was unrepairable so they were sending me a New Drone, he also was adding 3 new sets of blades because of all the mix up and even sending it 2 day shipping UPS

Then today I get my drone, later then normal at 6:30PM
I open my "New" drone to find out it's not so new! It's a used scratched up drone!
It's dirty, the box is all dirty as is the drone. I can handle dirt, but the scratches? Especially right on the camera???

Why DJI? Why? I contacted support asking why and they created a new case, CAS-602753-W8C2B1
Sounds like I will have to send this drone right back and be without a drone for another month.

Am I wrong here for feeling like I just want to return everything to DJI and get a refund????
How I should of took the red pill and not of even tried?????

So if a Mod sees this post, please do what would be right. Take back all my DJI products as I give up,
Thanks,
Q
2017-4-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If I were you, I woulk call your credit card company give them all of the fact, take pictures in case you needed it and ask for a charge back.

By the way did you take the 107 test?

Good luck!
2017-4-26
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
United States

Have or should say had everything for my business,
FAA 107
Insurance
Business license state and fed

Plus paid with Debit so I don't know if I can do that, like I said...I saved until I could buy it all, foolish I didn't count on these kinds of things.
2017-4-26
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Take a good, deep breath in, cool down and let THEM figure out what really happen. I'm sure everything will be cleared up and you'll receive at least apologies on top of proper replacement in agreement with DJI Care program conditions ...
2017-4-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Minnesota Q Posted at 2017-4-26 22:30
Have or should say had everything for my business,
FAA 107
Insurance

Aloha Q,

As far as I can tell, you have done everything right, but it is always prudent to have a back-up when you deal with complex technology.  Too many times I see this jamming up an otherwise good company in the short term.  When people propose to use an Inspire or Matrice, I always recommend that they get a P3 or P4 to back up their business.  This even goes for a simple P3 or P4 company.  When one has problems, you can meet the basics of the contract with the second.

Sorry to hear about your problem.  I hope everything turns out OK or better.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-27
Use props
Frenck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142723 ft
Italy

I also had your own problem and replaced four times my drone because every time I got a drone with different problems. The support of DJI has always told me that they do not send regenerated drone, but I'm in doubt ... good luck
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This situation has filled me with regret,Minnesota Q.
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.  I have checked your case and it has been escalated.
We have relayed your concerns to management and will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-4-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-27 00:59
This situation has filled me with regret,Minnesota Q.
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.  I have checked your case and it has been escalated.
We have relayed your concerns to management and will keep you updated as soon as possible.

Aloha Mindy,

You da bes!  Do not tell Ken I said that though!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you have any pictures of the state that the aircraft was sent in, I would highly recommend sending them to Support to better document the issue. You can do so my either replying to any emails you received recently with that new case number or emailing support.us@dji.com to tie it to the new case. We'll help to get this sorted as quickly as possible.
2017-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's tough man.
Only thing that worries me is in dji care refresh it does state replacement will be new or refurbished as new, but obviously if they sent you out one that's a refurb I for one would expect it to look like new, so they shouldn't try to fob you off with badly finished merchandise.
Also what cetacean says makes big sense commercially, get a second spare aircraft, it will peace of mind and very cost effective in the long run, if you can't afford look around see if there is somewhere close where you can hire an Aircraft, while your own is out of action.
Good luck...
2017-4-27
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
United States

Seriously I give up.

I received a phone call from a DJI supervisor saying I will need to send back the aircraft and go threw the same process as before.
Sorry, I do not want to do that.

They told me it would be "New", I have it recorded. Not refurbished or used.
Definitely not dirty, scratched up and falling apart.

If I could I would just sell this drone and be over this issue, unfortunately with the replacement I received it's not worth anything imo.

Who wants a scratched up P4P with main scratched up area the camera????

Good bye DJI may Karma catch up swiftly
2017-4-27
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, sorry 2 hear about all of this.  I'll buy your beat up drone, PM me.
2017-4-27
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Minnesota Q Posted at 2017-4-27 10:22
Seriously I give up.

I received a phone call from a DJI supervisor saying I will need to send back the aircraft and go threw the same process as before.

Hmm, there's something strange in the way you react to apparent mistake they did sending this bruised replacement ... I don't know exactly why, but it looks like - despite their willingness to resolve the issue properly - you're not in the mood to accept such scenario for some reason. Good luck with your Karma adventure ...
2017-4-27
Use props
betonven
lvl.2
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-4-27 20:39
Hmm, there's something strange in the way you react to apparent mistake they did sending this bruised replacement ... I don't know exactly why, but it looks like - despite their willingness to resolve the issue properly - you're not in the mood to accept such scenario for some reason. Good luck with your Karma adventure ...

Well, if we were talking about a company that is seriously customer-focused, then:

(i)The turnaround time for the replacement under DJI Care & Refresh would be as long as the contract states (or shorter).
(ii)The mistake (let's assume it was that) would have been immediately acknowledged and a second replacement would be already on its way with expedited shipping.

So, there's nothing strange in the way our friend from Minesotta reacted. It's just common sense, the things you expect from a company you just paid 1500$ to.
2017-4-28
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

betonven Posted at 2017-4-28 07:53
Well, if we were talking about a company that is seriously customer-focused, then:

(i)The turnaround time for the replacement under DJI Care & Refresh would be as long as the contract states (or shorter).

Misunderstanding ... Definitely the case was processed badly and this gentleman has all reasons to be frustrated, period. S...t happen, again and again, but there's a possibility to fix this and DJI already expressed willingness to do so. However, the way he is reacting in this unfortunate situation (hysterically, for the lack of better description) is rather strange. That's all I was trying to say ...
2017-4-28
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-4-28 12:18
Misunderstanding ... Definitely the case was processed badly and this gentleman has all reasons to be frustrated, period. S...t happen, again and again, but there's a possibility to fix this and DJI already expressed willingness to do so. However, the way he is reacting in this unfortunate situation (hysterically, for the lack of better description) is rather strange. That's all I was trying to say ...

So in your opinion, it's totally normal to get pooped on over and over...then being told it's chocolate??

Man, it's poop.

I have no other option then to take it, send back their mistake and wait another month.

Why am I upset?  With the reasons stated above, plus another surgery on my spine in the next few weeks. So my limited ability to enjoy flying and start a small business was taken away.

Don't ever sell me salt and tell me it's sugar!
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules