When should I be concerned about my drone I sent in?????
1469 16 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hwynboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81654 ft
United States

sent my drone in on 4/18, shows it was received via tracking on 4/21.  Its end of day  4/26 and it still says they have not received my drone.  Customer service said 10 days it would be done when they receive my drone.  I should I be worried it's at the factory for 6 days and no update as to what's going on???

Case No. CAS-581234-V3S3B0

2017-4-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You need to be patient. Even though the drone is delivered, it can take a number of days before the repair centre actually logs it in.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We understand how you feel, very sorry about it.
I have brought this to our logistics department and we will help to update the case as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-4-26
Use props
Hwynboy
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-26 21:47
You need to be patient. Even though the drone is delivered, it can take a number of days before the repair centre actually logs it in.

I understand about being patient, the process tool says 1-3 days for s is day 7.  My question was should I be concerned since according to them they still don't have my drone.  Was it lost at their facility???
2017-4-27
Use props
Hwynboy
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-26 21:47

I understand about being patient, the process tool says 1-3 days for s is day 7.  My question was should I be concerned since according to them they still don't have my drone.  Was it lost at their facility???
2017-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hwynboy Posted at 2017-4-27 04:09

If you try to accept that in these busy times at repair facilities they have systems that they use, while we all might have our own ideas how they could improve and just like you have done air our grievances, in the hope that they will look at the need to improve service and communication with customers.

But I think if you look at the whole picture as it is now, approximately 10/14 business days turnaround once they have received your repair so longest should be 21 days, so don't try worrying about your Mavic until this timeframe is up, that's when I would get concerned.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans2acae74f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73478 ft
United States

Oh, you are going to be waiting a long time.  Mine has been there a month now for replacement under care refresh.  The only time they move it from one stage to the next is when I butch about it!  3 days ago, I got a voicemail from them that said they were expediting it and upgrading it to 2nd day Air fir the return shipment.  Promised shipping in 24-48 hours and receiving it today or tomorrow.  Nope!  Hasn't even shipped yet. Min fact, it still says preparing for shipping on the tracking site.  I really wish they would have just been honest and told me a truthful eta.  

Good luck with yours!
2017-4-27
Use props
Casperr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15850 ft
Canada

Stories like this make you rethink if DJI Care Refresh is really worth it.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans3d179fe1
lvl.1
United States

fans2acae74f Posted at 2017-4-27 15:22
Oh, you are going to be waiting a long time.  Mine has been there a month now for replacement under care refresh.  The only time they move it from one stage to the next is when I butch about it!  3 days ago, I got a voicemail from them that said they were expediting it and upgrading it to 2nd day Air fir the return shipment.  Promised shipping in 24-48 hours and receiving it today or tomorrow.  Nope!  Hasn't even shipped yet. Min fact, it still says preparing for shipping on the tracking site.  I really wish they would have just been honest and told me a truthful eta.  

Good luck with yours!

likewise brother, I sent my drone in on 3 April under the DJI Care Refresh program, paid an additional $79 to have the unit straight up replaced, and it's now 27 April, still no drone and it hasn't even shipped yet.

after calling, complaining and demanding to speak with a supervisor, they attempt to be helpful in saying they'll give me 2 day air shipping, but they're unable to tell me when the drone will actually leave their facility.

last week, I spoke with a supervisor who guaranteed that a replacement drone would be sent out to me this week.

this week (today), I spoke with another supervisor who stated that she was unable to tell me when the drone would actually ship, but they were doing me a favor of offering me free 2 day air shipping.  the supervisor gave me a load about demand being so high for the mavic pros and their stock is unable to keep up.

I quickly explained to this week's supervisor that I can order a drone off of DJI's website and get it in a few days, I can get a new drone via Amazon Prime in 2 days and I can go get a new drone from Best Buy right now, and the ONLY place I can't get a drone from is DJI's warranty replacement department.  This tells me DJI is using "their stock" to keep retail stores stocked, and not their warranty replacement department stocked with the replacement drones we paid for via the DJI Care Refresh program.

Good luck with yours as well as to the OPs!
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I just checked your case again, the status has been updated, sorry for the delay in checking in process.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans2acae74f Posted at 2017-4-27 15:22

Good luck with yours!

Your unit has been shipped out, hope you receive it soon and get it back to fly.
Sorry again for the delay in the whole process, thanks for your patience.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans3d179fe1 Posted at 2017-4-27 17:23
likewise brother, I sent my drone in on 3 April under the DJI Care Refresh program, paid an additional $79 to have the unit straight up replaced, and it's now 27 April, still no drone and it hasn't even shipped yet.

after calling, complaining and demanding to speak with a supervisor, they attempt to be helpful in saying they'll give me 2 day air shipping, but they're unable to tell me when the drone will actually leave their facility.

I replied your original post, very sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, we are trying our best to speed up the process for you so you can get it back to fly soon. Truly appreciate your patience.
2017-4-28
Use props
Hwynboy
lvl.1
United States

Well, I'm not happy about the customer support (common theme I guess). I finally got word back from DJI today, they sent me a bill for $588 to fix my drone.  I crashed my drone going forward, it hit some branches in a tree.  I complained that I was flying forward and the crash avoidance should have stopped my drone.  The guy I talked to on the phone said he can dispute the findings and someone would get back to me.
2017-5-1
Use props
Hwynboy
lvl.1
United States

Hwynboy Posted at 2017-5-1 18:58
Well, I'm not happy about the customer support (common theme I guess). I finally got word back from DJI today, they sent me a bill for $588 to fix my drone.  I crashed my drone going forward, it hit some branches in a tree.  I complained that I was flying forward and the crash avoidance should have stopped my drone.  The guy I talked to on the phone said he can dispute the findings and someone would get back to me.

Well, I'm not happy about the customer support (common theme I guess). I finally got word back from DJI today, they sent me a bill for $588 to fix my drone.  I crashed my drone going forward, it hit some branches in a tree.  I complained that I was flying forward not in sport mode... and the crash avoidance should have stopped my drone.  The flight data shows The stick iThe guy I talked to on the phone said he can dispute the findings and someone would get back to me.
The problem is now it's going to take another 2-3 weeks to hear back from them again.  I'm so mad about this.  I want to talk to someone who is looking at the drone, instead I talk to someone from the Philippines who has no clue what I'm talking about since he just is a message taker.  If I'm flying the drone straight and the crash avoidance doesn't work, shouldn't that be picked up by DJI? I don't want to wait another month to get my drone back...half of me says just pay the bill...but the other half says it's not my fault shouldn't they eat it?
2017-5-1
Use props
nay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

When Mavic 2 is coming out.  lol
2017-5-1
Use props
Hwynboy
lvl.1
United States

nay Posted at 2017-5-1 19:30
When Mavic 2 is coming out.  lol

Huh? Not sure what you mean
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hwynboy Posted at 2017-5-1 19:07
Well, I'm not happy about the customer support (common theme I guess). I finally got word back from DJI today, they sent me a bill for $588 to fix my drone.  I crashed my drone going forward, it hit some branches in a tree.  I complained that I was flying forward not in sport mode... and the crash avoidance should have stopped my drone.  The flight data shows The stick iThe guy I talked to on the phone said he can dispute the findings and someone would get back to me.
The problem is now it's going to take another 2-3 weeks to hear back from them again.  I'm so mad about this.  I want to talk to someone who is looking at the drone, instead I talk to someone from the Philippines who has no clue what I'm talking about since he just is a message taker.  If I'm flying the drone straight and the crash avoidance doesn't work, shouldn't that be picked up by DJI? I don't want to wait another month to get my drone back...half of me says just pay the bill...but the other half says it's not my fault shouldn't they eat it?

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
I have brought this to our management and we will escalate the case then keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules