Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Overload Error
1147 6 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Hi folks,

The gimbal overload seems to be a common issue for all new and slightly used units.
Mine was bought end of March 2017. I flew approx a dozen short flights. I gave it immense care. And now the gimbal won't calibrate on startup and jerks roughly in its casing when it tries to calibrate itself. It even slams into the casing as it tries to calibrate. Quite worrying.

The drone has never experienced a rough moment and has no physical damage. This just happened out of nowhere.
The firmware just got upgraded to the last version. That changed nothing to this issue.

I've made contact with DJI who are verifying my SN for repair.
But I was hoping someone might have a clue to save me having to send it off?

Seems like it might be hardware fault...

Cheers,

Yorick
2017-4-26
Use props
EventDrone
New
Flight distance : 333894 ft
New Zealand

Mine does the same, think its due to the size of the gimbal and upon boot - it jerks to the left causing the camera to rub on the case.

Seems to be a bug :/
2017-4-27
Use props
Mrcraneman
New
Flight distance : 577 ft
United States

I have had my Mavic Pro for about 4 months now and not had any problems until this last week. I have never had a crash but for some reason the gimbal goes crazy and will not calibrate. it just whips back and forth several times then errors out. Does anyone know of a fix or do I need to send it in?
2017-4-27
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

Mrcraneman Posted at 2017-4-27 08:17
I have had my Mavic Pro for about 4 months now and not had any problems until this last week. I have never had a crash but for some reason the gimbal goes crazy and will not calibrate. it just whips back and forth several times then errors out. Does anyone know of a fix or do I need to send it in?

Exact same issue as mine then.
I'd say yes, you have to send it back. I'm currently going through the repair job process...
2017-4-28
Use props
CAStrobos
lvl.1
Netherlands

Same here, send it over for repair last week. As I was in a hurry to have it repaired (planning to take it on a 10 week trip through Indonesia), I haven't tried downgrading the software tho, which had been advised to me.. so I'm not sure if that solves anything
2017-4-28
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

CAStrobos Posted at 2017-4-28 00:29
Same here, send it over for repair last week. As I was in a hurry to have it repaired (planning to take it on a 10 week trip through Indonesia), I haven't tried downgrading the software tho, which had been advised to me.. so I'm not sure if that solves anything

Same thing to you without any rough landings or crashes? Seems like a common issue indeed.
Mine was on the second last firmware when it bugged. I therefore updated it, and still that didn't help. I don't think downgrading will help in our case. I strongly believe it is actual hardware fault.
2017-4-29
Use props
SteenDK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386444 ft
Denmark

Same here. I got the problem after less than 6 hours of flight. I have been very gentle with my Mavic. My Mavic is now sent for repair and this seems to a very slow procedure. I think the reason might be that the repair partners have large numbers of Mavic with hardware errors, but this is just my guess since the repair time is very long.
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules