Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Enhancement - Make side sensors functional for Point-of -Interest
1590 6 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0mGGhMTKTk2U
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

I would like to see the side sensors be functional when using the point-of-interest intelligent flight mode since be when in the POI mode, the drone is flying sideways. Possiblly there could be Tripod selection withiing the POI configuration steps.  I would assume that the speed would be limited similarly to what it is when using the stand-alone Tripod feature.  For now, I'm thinking that I will switch to Beginner Mode (which as I understand will activate the side sensors) when I'm using the POI feature in tight quarters.

2017-4-27
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Not sure that all the intelligent flight modes are available to beginners mode but let us know! I am curious!
2017-4-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-27 17:10
Not sure that all the intelligent flight modes are available to beginners mode but let us know! I am curious!

And I'd suggest that selecting Beginner's Mode will have limited potential here anyway, noting that that mode also restricts height and distance.

The most practical solution would be to make infrared sensor operation manually selectable in the app.
2017-4-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I don't know what you are trying to protect from, but the side sensors have very limited range, and probably will not protect angainst colliding with anything while in POI mode.
2017-4-27
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-27 18:49
I don't know what you are trying to protect from, but the side sensors have very limited range, and probably will not protect angainst colliding with anything while in POI mode.

By definition, the craft is flying sideways when in POI mode.  I'm simply looking for collision protection (tree limbs, wires...) via the side sensors.  Limiting speed as required to make the sensors effective is fine with me, hitting a tree limb is not.  I can speed up a video in post processing if needed.  This definitely would be a firmware enhancement...hope DJI implements.
2017-4-29
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

POI doesn't allow tripod mode and only tripod or beginner mode activate the side/infrared sensors.
It would make sense if tripod could be selected as sub-feature of POI.

btw:
Don't hope for ANY of the drones sensors being able to detect wires!!
2017-4-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DIott3113 Posted at 2017-4-29 04:03
By definition, the craft is flying sideways when in POI mode.  I'm simply looking for collision protection (tree limbs, wires...) via the side sensors.  Limiting speed as required to make the sensors effective is fine with me, hitting a tree limb is not.  I can speed up a video in post processing if needed.  This definitely would be a firmware enhancement...hope DJI implements.

The trouble is, even the front collision avoidance system, which is the better one, cannot detect wires or small branches anyway. It is really only effective against large solid objects. The side sensors are far less effective, and would not see a wire or most trees until it was too late.
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules