Fake Polar pro filters ?
3648 27 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371 ft
Australia

Hey guys, i just received my Polar pro Vivid collection for my Mavic pro but was wondering if there is any way to tell if they are genuine or not. Only reason i ask is because i also ordered a polar pro uv filter from the same seller but noticed a bad glue job around the lense. I contacted Polar pro and was told "we do not authorise the resale of our good anywhere other than our site so they are probably replicas or second hand" i went on there website to see if i could notice any difference and everything looked fine. Noticed there site stated the lenses weight so decided to weigh them seeing as i had digital scales. Site claims they are 1.31 grams. My scales said they are all 1g exactly. I know at some point Polar pro redesigned them due to gimble start up issues so did they maybe make them lighter and not update the info or does this confirm the ones i have are fake. The seller has 100 percent good feedback so don't want to make any false accusations without knowing for sure. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys
2017-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Contact seller with the advice you received from polar pro and see what he says, also how was price comparison with polar pro website.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-27 04:56
Contact seller with the advice you received from polar pro and see what he says, also how was price comparison with polar pro website.

I already did and he said if Polar pro didn't authorise the resale there would be none in Australia(place of purchase). Haven't told him straight up that i think there fake but im sure he is aware. Only option i have is to tell him and request a refund. Even if i asked him its not like he would tell me if they were fake or not. Just don't want to film some potentially great footage only to find out im having issues correcting bad colors due to a cheap ND/PL filter.
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans1e70ef6f Posted at 2017-4-27 06:09
I already did and he said if Polar pro didn't authorise the resale there would be none in Australia(place of purchase). Haven't told him straight up that i think there fake but im sure he is aware. Only option i have is to tell him and request a refund. Even if i asked him its not like he would tell me if they were fake or not. Just don't want to film some potentially great footage only to find out im having issues correcting bad colors due to a cheap ND/PL filter.

So you've expressed your concern about the condition of the goods and the fact that you've contacted Polar Pro about it but the seller isn't willing to make it right? In that case it sounds like the thing to do is to let them know that you're going to leave feedback indicating your dissatisfaction with the sale and if that doesn't motivate them to make it right then go ahead and leave feedback.
2017-4-27
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Could of just been a bad Lens that didn't get caught in Quality, Has anyone else reported any flaws on any filters?
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-27 06:44
Could of just been a bad Lens that didn't get caught in Quality, Has anyone else reported any flaws on any filters?

Aside from some people reporting that they found the Polars to be a very tight fit I don't recall anyone complaining about them.
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

I'd also send a Private Message to Jeff and bring this thread to his attention. Besides having a reputation for making excellent filters Polar Pro has traditionally provided outstanding support for them.

I wouldn't expect them to supply you with a new set if you were sold counterfeits by someone else, but I would think that they'd be willing to work with you to determine whether the ones you have are legitimate and, if so, they should be willing to replace the one(s) you're concerned about.

You might also post a photo of the one(s) with the glue you're concerned about. Per Schata's comment, they may very well be legitimate.
2017-4-27
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

I received my third set of the six-pack of the polar pro filters. First two sets were too tight for the camera. Now they have modified them and they look a bit different. Their edges look more rounded now and there is a huge remain of the glue here and there. As they come directly from PolarPro they are genuine.
2017-4-27
Use props
SkySailorMan
First Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

Odd that they would say they do not authorize the sale of their products anywhere other than their [web]site, because they certainly sell them on Amazon. As copied and pasted from their Amazon listing: "Sold by PolarProFilters and Fulfilled by Amazon." Wonder if perhaps you received inaccurate info from a neophyte customer service rep?
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-27 06:32
So you've expressed your concern about the condition of the goods and the fact that you've contacted Polar Pro about it but the seller isn't willing to make it right? In that case it sounds like the thing to do is to let them know that you're going to leave feedback indicating your dissatisfaction with the sale and if that doesn't motivate them to make it right then go ahead and leave feedback.

I suggested to him i think they might be fake but he's reply was that Polar pro is making absurd comments. If i asked for a refund i doubt he would say no but don't want to do that unless im sure they are fake and like i said he's feedback is 100percent so i doubt he wants to lose that. Price i paid was almost the same as there site. Just didn't want to wait for them to come from the US.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

SkySailorMan Posted at 2017-4-27 14:45
Odd that they would say they do not authorize the sale of their products anywhere other than their [web]site, because they certainly sell them on Amazon. As copied and pasted from their Amazon listing: "Sold by PolarProFilters and Fulfilled by Amazon." Wonder if perhaps you received inaccurate info from a neophyte customer service rep?

That's what i thought but that's what they said.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-27 06:32

Sorry forgot to mention he did replace the UV filter with the bad glue job. Now it's just the vivid collection that im questioning.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-27 06:58
I'd also send a Private Message to Jeff and bring this thread to his attention. Besides having a reputation for making excellent filters Polar Pro has traditionally provided outstanding support for them.

I wouldn't expect them to supply you with a new set if you were sold counterfeits by someone else, but I would think that they'd be willing to work with you to determine whether the ones you have are legitimate and, if so, they should be willing to replace the one(s) you're concerned about.

I have told Polar pro about my concerns and they asked me to try and get and original purchase receipt from the seller then maybe then can help me determine weather they are real or not. Very dismissive to be honest.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

Here's a picture of the Polar pro UV filter i sent back.
20170419_114448.jpg
2017-4-27
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can send me an email with the picture of the filter.

We have Authorized Resellers, and are happy to warranty anything purchased from them.
Jeff@polarprofilters.com if you have any questions or want to send me a link where you bought them.

Thanks!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-4-27
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SkySailorMan Posted at 2017-4-27 14:45

We have a large reseller network, and we provide full warranty service on anything sold by one of our Authorized resellers, there may have been some mis-communication.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-4-27
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans1e70ef6f Posted at 2017-4-27 20:33
I have told Polar pro about my concerns and they asked me to try and get and original purchase receipt from the seller then maybe then can help me determine weather they are real or not. Very dismissive to be honest.

I assure you we are not being dismissive.
There are a lot of counterfeit and stolen filters on the marketplace, and we need to make sure all of our warranty claims are items that are authentic and not stolen.

We always recommend purchasing from an Authorized Reseller for this very reason.

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

PolarPro Posted at 2017-4-27 20:47
There are a lot of counterfeit and stolen filters on the marketplace, and we need to make sure all of our warranty claims are items that are authentic and not stolen.

Don't mean to come across rude Jeff just felt it was left to me to investigate and as these are my first polar pro products i have nothing to reference them to. I will email you all the info now. Thanks
2017-4-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1e70ef6f Posted at 2017-4-27 20:29
That's what i thought but that's what they said.

I purchased my Polar Pro filter set from Best Buy for my P4P and they are genuine. Not sure why they are saying they are the only way (on their website)  to purchase??

Rich
2017-4-27
Use props
fans1e70ef6f
lvl.1
Australia

If anyone happens to have digital scales weigh them to. Like i said, site states 1.31g and i got 1g exactly. If cheap plastic was used instead of the Polar pro glass this could explain the weight difference.
2017-4-27
Use props
MavicMedz
lvl.1
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-27 22:12
I purchased my Polar Pro filter set from Best Buy for my P4P and they are genuine. Not sure why they are saying they are the only way (on their website)  to purchase??

Rich

How would you really know.
2017-4-27
Use props
MavicMedz
lvl.1
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-27 06:56
Aside from some people reporting that they found the Polars to be a very tight fit I don't recall anyone complaining about them.

Me to, i have heard nothing but good things about them that's why i got them. Just trying to work out if there the real deal.
2017-4-27
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-27 22:12

Rich

I think there was some communication here, We definitely do have an Authorized Reseller network.
-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-4-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2017-4-28 07:53
I think there was some communication here, We definitely do have an Authorized Reseller network.
-Jeff from PolarPro

Hello Jeff

Thank you for straightening us out on this. I see your posts # 15 & 16 now (sorry somehow I missed this).  I figured you have a retailer network in place (at least in the USA) great product.    I have the DJI ND filters for my Mavic, but the reports on some of the forums that they break very easily. So I will see how it goes and the next set (if needed) will be Polar Pro!

My Polar Pro filters are very nice and I purchased them from Best Buy (barcode verifies they are real).  So far I am very happy with my purchase.

Rich
2017-4-28
Use props
MajorDisaster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I got these coming from Hong Kong, anybody know if they any good?
Screenshot_20170426-223245.png
2017-4-28
Use props
MavicMedz
lvl.1
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-28 08:42
Hello Jeff

Thank you for straightening us out on this. I see your posts # 15 & 16 now (sorry somehow I missed this).  I figured you have a retailer network in place (at least in the USA) great product.    I have the DJI ND filters for my Mavic, but the reports on some of the forums that they break very easily. So I will see how it goes and the next set (if needed) will be Polar Pro!

Hey Rich. Genuinely hope they are but the barcode is no way to tell. They can easily be copy and pasted from original box to replica.
2017-4-29
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft

Interesting!! I did the same I bought mine to arrive in the next few days from eBay so I do it wait for the delivery from the states.. anything else that we can do to confirm they are genuine?
2018-4-3
Use props
djiuser_Gc32jwwhY7PV
lvl.1

Brazil

PolarPro Posted at 2017-4-27 20:47
Jeff, I'm going to make an objective proposal that will be very useful:
Do you know how to distinguish the original filter from the fake one?
If PolarPro says that tel is false, it is because it knows how to distinguish and has noticed differences, otherwise it could not say the same.
The reasons that led her to say that there are fake filters could be exposed here. I just purchased a set of 6 filters for my Mavic 2 Pro.
I would be delighted, as would thousands of other users, if we knew how to identify.
This collaboration would be great for PolarPro.
Product weight, finishing details, reflection when placing in the light, product code, etc.
If PolarPro doesn't know the answer, it's because it doesn't know how to identify it, or it never identified it and in fact there probably aren't any counterfeits.
PolarPro, help your consumers!
Everyone wins!
2022-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules