Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downlink constantly breaking/very delayed
1895 20 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave A
lvl.2
United States

I recently bought my 2nd Inspire 1 Raw a few months back. I've owned quite a of bit DJI drones over the years, so I'm familiar when things are working right or not.

My newest Inspire Raw has the most current firmware both craft and transmitter. I've tried relinking the controller, using different display devices (iphone,ipad,nexus 7), and even different cables between the controller and various devices. Absolutely nothing is helping. It's so bad that the system is pretty much unsuable for anything remotley professional, which is why I invested in it.

Does anyone have any smiliar experiences or knwoledge on how to help? I just used it on a shoot yesterday and it was pathetic The only time I had image was while the drone was grounded. The second it goes up the image breaks (yet I don't get a 'weak image transmission error') or 1/2 the screen is blacked out.

My previous inspire (which I no longer have) never had such issues nor any on my phantoms.

2017-4-27
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I would be looking toward the gimbal connection pins, are they clean, bent? There are two screws here that, when loosened one and a half turns can help make a better connection.

IMAG0037.jpg

Give it a try and let us know if it helps.

Mark G.
2017-4-27
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

In addition to mikes suggestion, beg borrow or steal and iPad Air or even better a Pro  with plenty of memory  at least 128 and I bet the situation goes away .   If you get the Pro get it with the Cell and GPS , this is the most powerful processor out there for our systems and many of the repair facilities recommend  this.  9=10 times or more it is the go app device causing the  video problems .  

Best Buy has a great return policy if you get one and for some reason does not solve your problem , but sounds like you are a Pro and this I bet solves the problem
*** the reason your old I pad worked in the past is becasue the processor was not so l oaded down , now with the latest encryption it is a monster for computing consumption , I have seen this at least 20 times and the new go app  device usually solves it , there  re some other items like Mike suggesting  so there can be othjer casues  as well but if you can get the I pad pro it will elimate the go ap device  as the problem .  

Let me know

donnie
2017-4-28
Use props
Dave A
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll try these, this weekend as I have a shoot Tuesday- and I will need to see what I'm filming. I'll keep you guys posted. Keeping my fingers crossed
2017-4-28
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

Also try:

- Turning on video encoding
- Turning off video caching
- Clear video cache
- Select a clean custom channel
- Consider the 32 channel hack
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm not sure how you were relinking the RC to the aircraft, but also try using the following RC button combinations:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-4-28
Use props
Wojciech Bro
New
Flight distance : 1976181 ft
Poland

I'm experincing similar issues.

I have a 4 months break from flying my Inspire RAW and few days ago encountered the same issue as you described. My solution (but helped only for  one flight) was to restart your Ipad (I'm using Ipad Air 128GB Cellular). It helped, hovewer next time I tried to fly my drone the same issue occured. Now I'm installing the latest firmware (I had the second latest).

Hopefully it will work.
2017-5-2
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Wojciech Bro Posted at 2017-5-2 09:38
I'm experincing similar issues.

I have a 4 months break from flying my Inspire RAW and few days ago encountered the same issue as you described. My solution (but helped only for  one flight) was to restart your Ipad (I'm using Ipad Air 128GB Cellular). It helped, hovewer next time I tried to fly my drone the same issue occured. Now I'm installing the latest firmware (I had the second latest).

Be sure to update the AC first then the RC.  Read my tips page on this as well and try my suggestions , If you have an I pad air with /gps and cell you should have perfect video .
Sometimes just deleting the go app and re instaling can help , be sure to sync your files if you wish then go ahead with it .

Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

donnie
2017-5-3
Use props
Dave A
lvl.2
United States

I tried everything except for re-linking the RC and a stronger processor iPad. Nothing worked. I ended up using an older HDMI monitor as a work around. SO had my iPad on the RC so I could set camera values and then just used the HDMI monitor on a tripod as the reference for framing/flying. Just like we all had to do back in the day before downlinks were situated...or in this case still not situated. My HDMI monitor never broke picture once. Even during playback. Yet playback on the iPad glitches/picture breaks. So there is definitely something up with either the Application or as suggested above, that the iPad/iphone I've tried don't handle the light-bridge setup. So for anyone else that has a shoot on a professional level, I'd recommend using an external HDMI monitor setup so you can actually see what you're filming as well as your client.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave A Posted at 2017-5-3 13:21
I tried everything except for re-linking the RC and a stronger processor iPad. Nothing worked. I ended up using an older HDMI monitor as a work around. SO had my iPad on the RC so I could set camera values and then just used the HDMI monitor on a tripod as the reference for framing/flying. Just like we all had to do back in the day before downlinks were situated...or in this case still not situated. My HDMI monitor never broke picture once. Even during playback. Yet playback on the iPad glitches/picture breaks. So there is definitely something up with either the Application or as suggested above, that the iPad/iphone I've tried don't handle the light-bridge setup. So for anyone else that has a shoot on a professional level, I'd recommend using an external HDMI monitor setup so you can actually see what you're filming as well as your client.

Do you happen to have another RC (slave RC or otherwise)  just to see if the issue persists? If you've already tried a different lightning cable, a newer iPad, and are using the latest Go app, then it could be an issue with the USB port itself.
2017-5-4
Use props
Dave A
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-4 15:23
Do you happen to have another RC (slave RC or otherwise)  just to see if the issue persists? If you've already tried a different lightning cable, a newer iPad, and are using the latest Go app, then it could be an issue with the USB port itself.

When I fly with a camera op using the 2nd RC it also experiences the same unreliable image issue.
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave A Posted at 2017-5-5 12:48
When I fly with a camera op using the 2nd RC it also experiences the same unreliable image issue.

Did you notice only after updating the firmware or software? Could you also verify which firmware and Go app versions you're running?
2017-5-5
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633386 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-28 07:22
In addition to mikes suggestion, beg borrow or steal and iPad Air or even better a Pro  with plenty of memory  at least 128 and I bet the situation goes away .   If you get the Pro get it with the Cell and GPS , this is the most powerful processor out there for our systems and many of the repair facilities recommend  this.  9=10 times or more it is the go app device causing the  video problems .  

Best Buy has a great return policy if you get one and for some reason does not solve your problem , but sounds like you are a Pro and this I bet solves the problem

Hey Donnie, This is info I've been searching for. I've had an Ipad mini 2, 16gb and the reception sucks! I really like the size of a mini for flying, but I guess there's no such model avail in the mini?  
However, phones usually work better, but this week was on a shoot and phones weren't even getting reception. we had to plug camera op screen into master controller to see shot. I wondered if there was a way to tune the freq for the slave controller?
2017-5-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dcobb23.me Posted at 2017-5-5 15:12
Hey Donnie, This is info I've been searching for. I've had an Ipad mini 2, 16gb and the reception sucks! I really like the size of a mini for flying, but I guess there's no such model avail in the mini?  
However, phones usually work better, but this week was on a shoot and phones weren't even getting reception. we had to plug camera op screen into master controller to see shot. I wondered if there was a way to tune the freq for the slave controller?

I have found in some locations, you really need to switch to custom HD video mode (manual) and select a clean channel. look at my screen shots for the settings that I use with my iPad mini 4

IMG_8420.PNG IMG_8421.PNG IMG_8448.PNG

Rich
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dcobb23.me Posted at 2017-5-5 15:12

The 5.8 GHz tether frequency can't be manually adjusted. If you're looking to stay in the Mini series, the Mini 4 with the A8 Processor should work if you're taking Donnie's advice.
2017-5-5
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I did the things you mentioned here and it did seem to improve, of course environment always seems to play a large part.  I still was getting those "hits" where the screen turned dark. My manual channel mode selection is 13-20, but yours is showing channel 25. Am I missing something?

So looks like a screen upgrade is in order. Can't have the screen going dead on shoots. It looks really bad to production.  I just looked up processors and see that the pro does have the fastest processor, graphics card and motion co-processor. More then my desire for the thing to be small and easy to carry, performance it #1. So is there a "don't be a moron, get the pro", a "you might see a slight difference", or "naw, don't waste your money" difference?
2017-5-5
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2043307 ft
  • >>>
France

Try using the Litchi app instead. This solved a similar problem we had.
2017-5-6
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

dcobb23.me Posted at 2017-5-5 18:25
I did the things you mentioned here and it did seem to improve, of course environment always seems to play a large part.  I still was getting those "hits" where the screen turned dark. My manual channel mode selection is 13-20, but yours is showing channel 25. Am I missing something?

So looks like a screen upgrade is in order. Can't have the screen going dead on shoots. It looks really bad to production.  I just looked up processors and see that the pro does have the fastest processor, graphics card and motion co-processor. More then my desire for the thing to be small and easy to carry, performance it #1. So is there a "don't be a moron, get the pro", a "you might see a slight difference", or "naw, don't waste your money" difference?

You would  need to do a upgrade  ( hack to 32 channels  ) to the Go app , it is fairly simple but will not really solve your problem  if you have a slow processor, I would say it would help if you were in a crowded frequency environment .  I think channle 20 works great , and you should trty this first before loading this to your go app .  

Ok to answer your question  on if you should get an I pad Pro with all the fixin's .  If you are doing this to make a living or supplement your income then I would say  100% ABSOLOUTLEY -  sounds to me with your terminology on shoots and what not  that you need something like this .  I would get the I pad pro , standard size with GPS and Cell with 128 memory .  I have talked to folks who fix these at Drone shops and they say this is the fastest best processor out there and is the benchmark they use .  If I were you I would go to Best Buy , get and I pad Pro and test it out , if it does not work then you know it is something else.  Best Buy has a very generous return policy and if it does not work simply take it back , I buy All my DJI equipment through them and they are great   ( this has been my experience anyway ). I mean you can't go wrong here .  My only concern is the screen going black on you , that may indicate a bad connection between the Gimbal and the vibration board , hard to say for sure , If you have checked that and they look good at the least be sure to clean the contacts for sure regardless then go get the I pad , I can't tell you how many e mails and notes I have gotten saying this solved the problem , I have  ALSO HAD   some members accusing me of working for Apple and trying to sell there I Pads,  (  I laugh in there general direction )   I can't say for sure it will solve your issue but it is sure worth a try.

Also if you wish you could do the upgrade to the  go app IF YOU  ARE IN A CROWDED frequency environment , if not it wont help you .  There are several videos on line , you will need I tunes loaded to your PC or MAC and then you simply add the file , nothing to it , then you can delete it  if it does not work , easy peasy lemon squeezey.  any way let me know  but I think You will be In NIRVANA ( spiritual enlightenment ....not the Band )  if you get the I pad PRO .

You could also get the I pad Air , but it is not as fast and to me if you are gonna spend some dough , spend a little more and get the best . Also like the MINI 4 may get you by , the  I pad air will work  but NONE have the same power as the I pad pro with GPS Cell and 128 mb memory is the TOP OF THE LINE  in my opinion .

You dont happen to live near East Lansing Michigan do you ?  , You could use mine if you do ...... believe it or not I have met members who did not live to far away and I have helped them..... small world sometimes , never hurts to ask
**** regarding the Litchi app, I know some members who love it, but I know persoally members who have lost thier systems using the App, there is curently some glitch with it causing the AC to land halfway through a Mission ,  I dont know all the details but I think sticking with the Manufacturers Apps is always the best Idea, not saying Litchi is not good, and I do not have it on my sytem .  Also if you are in the Warrenty period and have a crash ,DJI may use this as a reason not to cover a  accident .-
"So dont be a Moron and get the  I pad pro is my vote"......... LOL
Here is a link to the RAR file that you will need  ( 32 channel update ) , it is hard to find so here is the link , once again go to you tube and in the search put "DJI 32 cahnnel hack" and youy will see several videos,  there is one by a guy named Ben that I like to use .

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ttachmentid=8474424

donnie

donnie

2017-5-6
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Awesome Donny, thank you. Yes, I earn my living flying drones. And after a terrible winter where the phone didn't ring for 3 months, I'm all of a sudden super busy.    I did the "Best Buy rental" today and tried with with my phantom 4. Seems flawless.

2017-5-8
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

dcobb23.me Posted at 2017-5-8 08:55
Awesome Donny, thank you. Yes, I earn my living flying drones. And after a terrible winter where the phone didn't ring for 3 months, I'm all of a sudden super busy.    I did the "Best Buy rental" today and tried with with my phantom 4. Seems flawless.

I knew it , glad you have it working  !!

donnie
2017-5-8
Use props
Dave A
lvl.2
United States

Would it make sense, that with my phantom 3, there is absolutely no interrupted picture signal? And yet with the inspire it suffers horribly.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules