Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phanton 4 Pro dropped out of air
1047 10 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dajm54
New
Germany

Hello, I have a question in regards to my phantom 4 pro that dropped out of the sky in the beginning of April, good news is that its under warranty and I sent back to DJI support and its being covered which is great. the bad thing is they didnt really tell me what caused the problem specifically? Did anyone else have this experience and I just want to know if it was an issue with the drone itself or I did something??

Thanks in advance for reading my post and I appreciate any feedback?

Thanks Dajm54
2017-4-27
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

If it was covered by warrantee then there was a fault in the drone and it was not your fault, they can tell from the logs where the problem is or if the pilot was at fault.

There are a small number that have a fault somewhere in the many complex components and fall out of the sky in the first few flights, be careful with safety on your test flights with a new one until it has proved itself.

2017-4-27
Use props
Mrcraneman
New
Flight distance : 577 ft
United States

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago... I was about 10-12 ft int he air and then it just shut down and fell to the concrete below breaking the landing gear and gimbal.  I sent it in but sure if they are going to cover it or not.   
2017-4-27
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As you mentioned concrete:
I had two incidents with my P3S on concrete. Once on a landing pier, once near a skate park.
In both cases I got "magnetic interference" warnings and the drone switched to ATTI mode.
I was able to gain control and it didn't crash.
No idea how the P4P reacts to concrete since I avoid it since.
But I guess a compass is a compass and those don't like ferro-concrete.
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-27 08:30
As you mentioned concrete:
I had two incidents with my P3S on concrete. Once on a landing pier, once near a skate park.
In both cases I got "magnetic interference" warnings and the drone switched to ATTI mode.

It is NOT the concrete but the REBAR in the concrete. that is why you don't fly off concrete, balcony, patio etc... You should at least 6 feet radius away from any metals, cars, railing, you keys etc...
2017-4-27
Use props
ourfrank34
Flight distance : 105430 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The exact same thing happened to me with my P3 Pro. I was at 24 ft and it and just fell out of the sky breaking the gimbal, camera and the leg. The battery was fully charged. The lights on the battery were fully lit and would not go off. Sent it back to DJI and all was replaced. NO report to say what was the cause. I was given a new battery and assume that there was some issue with the battery which was not my fault.
2017-4-27
Use props
Ricko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229508 ft
Australia

I currently have my drone in for the same. Just dropped out of the sky into the ocean. Luckily I was able to recover it. So far my support response has been poor.
Initially, I received a report stating my drone was water damaged and a new one offered at 15% discount.
I fetched the thing out of the ocean, I don't need to be told it's water damaged.  It just dropped out of the sky at 50 metres in height, 1200 metres into the flight  with partial right stick input only. Compass calibrated prior flight, perfect reception and 14+ satellites and low wind.
I have told them that it is a warranty claim (its less than 2 moths old) and even if its not covered by warranty i have Care Refresh.
I have subsequently been told i will be able to utilise care refresh and they will assess the flight log to see if it is covered by warranty and I needed to sync my flight log.
The thing is I had already done this and answered a whole heap of questions in an email at the very beginning including giving copies of proof of purchase and DJI care refresh receipts.
I dont care if I dont get an explanation if it is deemed to be warranty, but I want a damn good one if it is not deemed to be covered and I have to pay $209 through Care Refresh.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mrcraneman Posted at 2017-4-27 08:13
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago... I was about 10-12 ft int he air and then it just shut down and fell to the concrete below breaking the landing gear and gimbal.  I sent it in but sure if they are going to cover it or not.

They would have to look at the flight data to determined what happened. Just to clarify, is the unit already received and awaiting evaluation?
2017-4-27
Use props
JhnMjr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43829 ft
United States

Mine suddenly spiraled to the ground and crashed one week from new with no warning at all. I wasn't  making any control moves at the time, it was simply hovering. It's been with DJI 2 weeks now amd I'm still waiting to see if it's covered under warranty.  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2017-4-27
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

My p4 advance dropped out of the sky, read my previous posts for more info..
2017-4-28
Use props
dajm54
New
United States

Hi All, Thanks for the feedback and I am glad I am NOT the only one (sorry) that has had it happen. I just recieved notice they are shipping a new one in the next few days so let see if they actually repaired my old serial number or give me a brand new one? they sent me this email below:

Dear Customer,

Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to five business days.

Invoice

Customer:        milanodavid
Case No:        CAS-554459-N1R5D9
DJI Care Balance:       
Quote Date:        04-25-17
Remarks:        Warranty per data analysis

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Pitch-axis Cable Cover        1        3.00        3.00
3-in-1 Board        1        261.00        261.00
Upper Cover (Logo)V02        1        6.00        6.00
Roll-axis Back Cover        1        3.00        3.00
Yaw-axis Cable Cover        1        4.00        4.00
Yaw-axis Motor Cover        1        3.00        3.00
Pitch-axis Mounting Piece        1        1.00        1.00
Pitch-axis Bracket V03        1        7.00        7.00
Roll-axis Bracket        1        6.00        6.00
Roll-axis Motor        1        12.00        12.00
Gimbal IMU        1        30.00        30.00
Yaw-axis Motor Cable Cover        1        1.00        1.00
Main Controller        1        69.00        69.00
Left Landing Gear        1        10.00        10.00
Pitch-axis Motor        1        12.00        12.00
Gimbal Flexible Flat Cable (Long)        1        15.00        15.00
Yaw-axis Cable Sticker        1        1.00        1.00
Middle Frame        1        20.00        20.00
Right Landing Gear        1        10.00        10.00
Pitch-axis Bracket        1        7.00        7.00
Pitch-axis Back Cover        1        3.00        3.00
Yaw-axis Motor        1        12.00        12.00
Pitch-axis Cable Cover V02        1        3.00        3.00
Gimbal Yaw-axis & Roll-axis ESC Board        1        15.00        15.00
Service Charge        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        644.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        0.00

Please make sure the Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules