Question for iPad Mini 4 users with the Pro
482 3 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lukenc
lvl.1
United States

I've been reading the topics on this, but I have an explicit question...

If you use the iPad Mini4 with the Phantom does yours have data (which also gets you a GPS)?  If not, have you ever missed not having data?  If yes, then was it worth the extra $$$?

I realize I can use the HotSpot on my iPhone to get maps,   Note the goal is to use the unit for search, with a large monitor attached via HDMI for live review by others.

I've been testing so far with a iPhone 5s which works well but is hard to use with old eyes.

Thanks in advance for advice - still searching the forums and finding tidbits everywhere.....

Luke

2017-4-27
Use props
Lukenc
lvl.1
United States

Also interested in your opinions on screen lag - that's been mentioned as an issue for other iPads.
2017-4-27
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only uses data if you need to download maps or connect to the internet for some other reason. Flight and recording do not require data/internet at all. As for screen lag, of the 5 devices I have used with my P4P, the iPad Mini 4 has the least amount of "glitches" or "pauses". It's not a constant lag, but possibly every 30 seconds or so my live feed will seem to pause for a couple seconds. My Mini 3 was far worse. My Nvidia Shield K1 was almost as solid as my Mini 4, as long as on the Shield I had local video cache disabled and as long as I was running Android 6, as Android 7 became quite unstable.
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As Grind said, tablet only, uload maps data from your wifi before heading out and NEVER HAD any lag on my MIMI4, so far...
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules