Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Solved] dji gl658a not connecting to tablet
4522 33 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

I bought 2 used remote on ebay (did not relise they where GL1658A).  I can not get them connected to the table at all.  the table detects there plug in and trys charge off it but it will not do anything else.

Then i conect the table(s) to my GL1658C remote it works just fine.  i try this on both android and Ipad OS, try update to the latest update.

Am i missng something????

Update: The previews owner put a phantom USB unit in to the inspire remote, a new unit later and everything works.
2017-4-27
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Just to add a few things: the remote does pair to the drone but it will not do any thing.

i try reset by pushing the c1,c2,rec,shuttor wheel, then turn off and on while holding them down. i try putting the file on a flash drive and putting it in the remote. When i connect it to the tablet the app says it disconnected (in gray), the table does detect the USB connection (it get power).
2017-4-27
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Here another update:  

i been searching online for a solution to my problem, and i saw a form where some one said the USB port may be dead or not working.  I try swapping the USB bored from another remote that not working.  so now the remote will conect to the app but the firmware will not update at all, it get to 33% and fails.  I try using a USB flash Drive and it does nothing
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-27 17:52
Here another update:  

i been searching online for a solution to my problem, and i saw a form where some one said the USB port may be dead or not working.  I try swapping the USB bored from another remote that not working.  so now the remote will conect to the app but the firmware will not update at all, it get to 33% and fails.  I try using a USB flash Drive and it does nothing

Just to clarify, what firmware versions are the RCs reading as?
2017-4-27
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

it says 1.8.0 but it keep failing at 33% all last night.  Just as i was writing this response i gave it another try, and it says it updated, but it will not control the drone (does link by pushing C1,C2,Rec then function wheel).

When i connect the remote to the app it says "remote controller signal weak", try uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no results.  I have not try rolling back the freamwear yet, mostly nervice it will not go back
2017-4-28
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-28 03:25
it says 1.8.0 but it keep failing at 33% all last night.  Just as i was writing this response i gave it another try, and it says it updated, but it will not control the drone (does link by pushing C1,C2,Rec then function wheel).

When i connect the remote to the app it says "remote controller signal weak", try uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no results.  I have not try rolling back the freamwear yet, mostly nervice it will not go back

Ok so replacing the HDMI board solved the problem but you can't load the FW all the way correct ?  Try doing a rollback to the previous version , then make sure you have a solid internet connection to the go app device  ( dont use cellular signal ) and then try to update to the latest version .  You are updating the RC via the Goo app correct ?   Dont  use A USB  or thumb drive  to update the RC be sure to use the Goa pp device .

What are you using for the go app device ?   Is the I pad and Ir or a Mini version  ?  try and get an I pad with plenty of memory and a fast processor and One that is up to date as well.  

The update will NOT work with the latest 1.7  on a flash drive , that trick only worked until 1.6 so forget about that and concentrate on the go app device being up to date and having plenty of memory  as well as a Perfect wi -fi signal  to the go app device .  

How are you trying to update the RC with vesrsion 1.8 ?????? that FW is NOT for the RC Only for the AC .  Be sure to go to the system status page of the Go app and Update from there .  You do have the latest version of FW already loaded to the AC correct ?  If not you MUST update the AC first .  do you know for cdertain what version of FW is on the AC righT NOW .
**** You can only link 1 ( One ) remote to the aircraft , once you have the one remote  linked to the AC the other remotes can ONLY be used for Coach mode and to control the Camera gimble , this would be making the extra remote a "slave " and the one you have linked to the AC the Master .The slave remote is going through the Master for all controls and only receives a video siganl from the Aircraft .  Once again , these RC transmitters  MUST be for the Inspire .

DONNIE

below is a list of updates for the Aircraft  with there corrosponding RC Campatible Firmware for the RC transmitter , they are NOT the same  Firmware after version 1.3 they are seperate. NOTE  THERE IS NO 1.8 FOR THE RC TRANSMITTER
X3 (Inspire 1)
1.2.0.14 - Jan '15
1.2.0.16 - Feb '15
1.2.0.17 - Mar '15
1.2.1.0 - Apr '15
1.2.1.03 - May '15
1.2.1.06 - May '15
1.3.0.00 - Aug '15
1.4.0.10 - Sept '15
1.5.0.30 - Dec '15
1.6.0.40 - Dec '15 - R/C 1.5.70
1.7.0.90 - Mar '16 - R/C 1.5.80
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.40 - Dec '16. R/C 1.7.60

**** THE REMOTES YOU PURCHASED WERE FOR THE INSPIRE CORRECT ?? THE PAHNTOM RC'S WONT WORK WITH THE INSPIRE AT ALL  

2017-4-28
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-28 07:32
Ok so replacing the HDMI board solved the problem but you can't load the FW all the way correct ?  Try doing a rollback to the previous version , then make sure you have a solid internet connection to the go app device  ( dont use cellular signal ) and then try to update to the latest version .  You are updating the RC via the Goo app correct ?   Dont  use A USB  or thumb drive  to update the RC be sure to use the Goa pp device .

What are you using for the go app device ?   Is the I pad and Ir or a Mini version  ?  try and get an I pad with plenty of memory and a fast processor and One that is up to date as well.  

I replace the HDMI and the USB unit at the same time (i found a form someplace say to do that so i try it).

I been using a Apple iPad Air 2, and my Samsung s7 edge (both with the newest go app).  I will try rolling back the remote to an earlier version and see it id does it successfully.  It been failing at 33% (made it to 34% once).  I am currently at work so i may not be able to do it till later tonight.
2017-4-28
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-28 07:44
I replace the HDMI and the USB unit at the same time (i found a form someplace say to do that so i try it).

I been using a Apple iPad Air 2, and my Samsung s7 edge (both with the newest go app).  I will try rolling back the remote to an earlier version and see it id does it successfully.  It been failing at 33% (made it to 34% once).  I am currently at work so i may not be able to do it till later tonight.

I pad air  may not have enough power  but it should at least update .  Be sure to use the Wi fi connection as well and make sure you dont update the RC transmitter AHEAD OF THE  Aircraft .  If you have the AC updated to the latest FW then you are fine but if you update the RC before the AC you can get in a help of troubles .  

You want to get to the update 1.7.60 if you are on the latest version of Firmware on the aircraft .  Please read my post over carefully as I think you are confused on the firmware of updating , it's OK it happens to many members .  

You must have the proper FW on the AC and RC if not the two will not link and you will have problems , keep in mind only ONY Rc transmitter actually Links to the aircraft , the rest are slaves .  

The firmware for the Aircraft is NOT the same as the RC transmitters.. Update the RC transmitter through the go app and you wont have any issues with this .

donnie

I will check back in the morning   ( Saturday ) I have a job that I must finish up today but will check back with you in the. morning for sure .  I live in East Lansing Michigan by the way so  you know my time zone .
Read this also if you have time

Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter
donnie
2017-4-28
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

I am trying to roll back the the update on the remote to 1.60 while i get lunch, and it keep failing at 33%.  

The drone is up to date, and currently works with the main remote i have, i am trying to get this remote to work for the camera.  I will read throw your thread, and post my results.

I thought update the remote would be the easy part, i thought the drone i built from spare inspire parts would be the problem.
2017-4-28
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

A few thing i notice:

~ the remote says it is a GL300, eeven shows the phandom advance on the main screen.  also i can select any other drones.
~it thinks it current freawear is 1.5.80, but i keep trying to go to 1.6.0

not sure if this is important
2017-4-28
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

So i been try for about 3 hours to roll back the remote firmware and it will not take, it keep failing at 33-34%.   

It will pair to the drone, but the app will not control any thing, and it will not take off.

But my gl658c remote connect just fine to the drone, and controls every thing.  here the thing that confusing me now.  The gl658c says it firmware is 1.7... and the gl658a keeps trying to update to 1.8.0 and it thinks it a phantom remote???

When the remote connect to the drone it says rc signal lost or firmware update need.  If i update it it fails then says rc signal lost.

I am wondering if the remote firmware is just corrupted and need a full reinstall.  My question is there any way to do this????
2017-4-28
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

I Spent a few more hours last night messing with this and i can not get it to work.

~The only update it will take is the 1.8, but it will not link to my other controller, and if pair to the drone it will not control it just connect to it.  It does read signal lost when connect to the drone.  I get a video signal, but that it.  Just to note the drone is update to the latest update, and was update first, it also will pair just fine to the other remote and be full controlled.

~i can not get the remote to update pass 34% with any other updates.

~it will fail every thing time if update by the iPad, i only been able to get my Samsung S7 Edge to update the remote, and only the 1.8.

~when i connect it to the drone it says remote version 1.6+ in the about

~some time the remote says it a inspire remote, but after a fail update it says it an phantom remote.

~when it not connected to the drone it says signal weak, and when it is connected i get rc signal lost .

~I try this morning to connect it to my works Phantom 3.  It connected but would not do any thing.

~ the app will not do any thing to the remote but try to update the remote.  I can not link the drone to the remote using the app.  I have to do it by the remote (C1,C2,rec then wheel...).

~i try doing the C1,C2,Wheel hold then off and back on reset it and update but nothing.

~every thing is up to date (ipad, phone, app on both device)

~i try update the remote with the drone on and link, and with it off.

~i try update it from the alert screen, and from holding down the hat...

~try uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app, on both devices, can i clear the cash.

~try doing the remote reset every attempt i update it.

I am starting to wonder if the remote is brick, or something.  I been searching every form i can fine with no results.  the last time i saw something close to this was when i goof and update my works remote first then the drone and caused a error similar (i fix it by rolling back and doing done then remote).

I am starting to think i try every option out there, and i have to send the remote in for repairs    

I jut hate admitting defeat, i gone this far with this build doing it my self i just like to finish it that way.  Sorry to all for the many post i just am all over try different things.
2017-4-29
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-29 04:01
I Spent a few more hours last night messing with this and i can not get it to work.

~The only update it will take is the 1.8, but it will not link to my other controller, and if pair to the drone it will not control it just connect to it.  It does read signal lost when connect to the drone.  I get a video signal, but that it.  Just to note the drone is update to the latest update, and was update first, it also will pair just fine to the other remote and be full controlled.

Ok just so I am clear , you are trying to update the remote RC for the Inspire 1 correct ?  When you bought it did it say it was for the Inspire ?  I ownt the GL 658 "A "version and  658  GL 658 "C " version  for my Inspire 1 .  Please double check yours .

You already have one remote as the the Master to the  Inspire correct ?  This remote fully controls the AC correct ?  You DO NOT  link the AC to the New transmitter you have , you ned to designate as slave and then you find the Master on the " Remote Control settings " page of the slave RC .

Please list what FW you have on your Aircraft right Now  and also the Master RC  Firmware that you have on the RC that is currently working with the Aircraft .
You say it says 1.6+ sigan after it , that is good that means the RC is on at least version 1.7.40 if not version 1.7.60

Just to clarify this , You do have the AC on the very latest FW on the Inspoire correct  vversion 1.10 .... correct ?  and you have one RC transmitter that is linked and works with the  Aircraft correct ?  

You say that the other RC you are trying to use has video correct ?  so you do have it  linked to the master RC is htat correct ?  so you would have 2 RC transmitters that have solid video form the Aircraft ?  You say you just acant control the gimbal is that right ?  You do know you need to ask permission via the slave RC to control the Gimbal correct ?  this is located on the remote control settings page of the Slave RC .
You have an Inspire 1 Correct ????  If so the 1.8 FW you are trying to load is for the Phantom series and NOT the Inspire , someone sold you the WRONG  transmitter in my opinion  IF you are trying to upsate the Inspire , after all you are on the INSPIRE PAGE , we need to clarify this quick !!!

donnie

**** do me a favor look at the remote that is giving you trouble , on the antenna base if you look close you will see a grey wire in there , when facing the RC in your hand the  left base antenna will have ONE Gray wire in it , the RIGHT antenna should have 2 Grey wires in it , If it has only ONE then you have the wrong transmitter for the Inspire .  You see the Inspire has 2.4 and 5.8  signal , one is for the Aircraft and the Other is for communication between the RC's transmitters .  Let me know how many wires you have in the Right tansmitter base.

donnnie

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

2017-4-29
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-29 04:24
Ok just so I am clear , you are trying to update the remote RC for the Inspire 1 correct ?  When you bought it did it say it was for the Inspire ?  I ownt the GL 658 "A "version and  658  GL 658 "C " version  for my Inspire 1 .  Please double check yours .

You already have one remote as the the Master to the  Inspire correct ?  This remote fully controls the AC correct ?  You DO NOT  link the AC to the New transmitter you have , you ned to designate as slave and then you find the Master on the " Remote Control settings " page of the slave RC .

Yes i am, i am trying to update my Inspire remote GL658A, he said it was functional.  I do have a GL658C and that work perfectly with the drone.

I have try setting my "C" remote to master then slave my "A" remote to it.  But the "A" does not see the "C" remote, and the "A" times out.  Personal i do not think the app is conumicating to the remote.

the inspire is 1.10.01.40+, GL658C is 1.7.60, GL658A is 1.8.0

yes, the drone and remote "C" is at the latest update, and i check for a new one to make sure.

The "A" will not conect to the "C", and "A" will link to the drone but do nothing.  just get a video signal, and say signal lost.

I do not know why it trying to load the phantom, or say it a phantom remote.  It looks just like my "C" unless the peson i bought it from swap the case it a inspire remote.  To be hones at first i was not pay much attation to that, because i know you can control the phantom with the inspire remote (i did that with my "C" one day).  I just figure he used this remote for his phantom.  This why i try conecting my inspire in hope it will install the inspire.  When i do conect it to my inspire it says it a inspire remote up till it fails to install it update then it thinks it a phantom.

I do see the wires you are talking about, there one in the left and 2 in the other, both grey.
2017-4-29
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-29 07:45
Yes i am, i am trying to update my Inspire remote GL658A, he said it was functional.  I do have a GL658C and that work perfectly with the drone.

I have try setting my "C" remote to master then slave my "A" remote to it.  But the "A" does not see the "C" remote, and the "A" times out.  Personal i do not think the app is conumicating to the remote.

Ok , you have the wrong FW on the GL 658 A that is why you have problems , there is no 1.8.0 for the Inspire, the FW you need is the 1.7.60    for the Inspire .  The remote you have  loaded   is for the Phantom.  

The wires that  you have found  on the base of the antennas , you have 2 on the right antenna  on the GL 658 A  transmitter as well ?

The Inspire and Phantom transmitters are not interchangeable as far as I know , I have never heard of them working with one another myself , I could be wrong and will double check this .  The only thing I EVER  heard was an Inspire transmitter can be used to contrtol the Phantom as a Master but the Phantom RC could  never be used to contol the Inspire

I personally think you have the wrong remote especially since it will only take version 1.8, I think the case was removed or something funky going on there.   OR since you have both the Phantom and the  Inspoire if some how they are getting corrupted .  

Try this  rollback the RC transmitter "A " to 1.5.80  if you can  then delete the Go app.  Now with the  "A" transmitter rolled back load the go app again and then try to update the "A" transmitter to 1.7.60. It may have been just corrupted somehow .  It seems many of these E bay Transmitters have this common problem, I dont know  why but I have seen this before .  
2017-4-29
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-29 11:05
Ok , you have the wrong FW on the GL 658 A that is why you have problems , there is no 1.8.0 for the Inspire, the FW you need is the 1.7.60    for the Inspire .  The remote you have  loaded   is for the Phantom.  

The wires that  you have found  on the base of the antennas , you have 2 on the right antenna  on the GL 658 A  transmitter as well ?

Thank, i am gone to keep looking and trying.  I decided to but up my part's remote (it a GL685A to) i bought a few weeks ago (it has some king of calibration error, bought to fix it one day or sell).  so i swap back the USB board and turn it on.  the version come up the same on the table version 1.8 (i never did anything to this remote when i got).

I am not sure what is happen here i am gone to keep researching this some more.  I am thinking there something crazy gone on here.  Maybe i just stumble on a new problem.

You can use the inspire remote to control the phantom, but you can not use the phantom remote to control the inspire :/  I acturle done this 6month ago with my inspire C remote.

Below is the inspire remote we been talking about.  
thanks
2017-4-29
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

This is interesting, the A remote trigger the camera to record when i was doing the rest buttons command.
2017-4-29
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-29 12:54
Thank, i am gone to keep looking and trying.  I decided to but up my part's remote (it a GL685A to) i bought a few weeks ago (it has some king of calibration error, bought to fix it one day or sell).  so i swap back the USB board and turn it on.  the version come up the same on the table version 1.8 (i never did anything to this remote when i got).

I am not sure what is happen here i am gone to keep researching this some more.  I am thinking there something crazy gone on here.  Maybe i just stumble on a new problem.

Hi I was reading your post and Donnie is doing a great job trying to help you out. The remote you just bought (GL685A) is the first version for the Inspire 1 drone. I had 2 of these with my first Inspire. So that means this remote should work with your Inspire 1 without any issues. But, the FW version you are stating is incorrect and most likely what is causing the issues. This remote will not work with the Inspire 1 as long as it has not been reverted back to 1.7.4 at a minimum.

I am not sure how you will be able to reconfigure the remote FW at home because the user does not have the software tools needed.  There was a (really old) remote .bin fix it file that could reset the remote if it was bricked.  I think Donnie still has the link for this file.  I am not sure this will work on this newer 1.8 FW that you have on the remote..??..

It might be worth a try before you send it back to DJI for repairs.... They have the software tools to fix your remote

Rich
2017-4-29
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-29 20:44
Hi I was reading your post and Donnie is doing a great job trying to help you out. The remote you just bought (GL685A) is the first version for the Inspire 1 drone. I had 2 of these with my first Inspire. So that means this remote should work with your Inspire 1 without any issues. But, the FW version you are stating is incorrect and most likely what is causing the issues. This remote will not work with the Inspire 1 as long as it has not been reverted back to 1.7.4 at a minimum.

I am not sure how you will be able to reconfigure the remote FW at home because the user does not have the software tools needed.  There was a (really old) remote .bin fix it file that could reset the remote if it was bricked.  I think Donnie still has the link for this file.  I am not sure this will work on this newer 1.8 FW that you have on the remote..??..

I been come to the same realization, i'v search every form i could find, try every reset trick i can find.

I just do not understand why it trying to install that FW, i been trying to update it throw the app, ever try using every inspire FW and version i could find on a USB.  But the remote will not respond to the USB.

I found the Brick fix and try it but it did nothing.

I already sent a request to DJI last night.  I thought about try to hack the remote and force install the FW, but i do not have the time to try and do this, and it been many years since i done something like this.

Thank you every one i will post the results from DJI, or if i figure it out.
2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-29 20:44

Is it not strange that it will load the Phantom FW 1.8  and not the Inspire FW ?  I did not even realize that this could happen , he did buy them used and I wonder if there was some hanky pinky going on inside the RC transmitter , hard to say .  

This has been a trend lately with older RC's and getting to work with the Go app etc.  

thanks for chiming in  Rich , this is a strange one indeed

donnie
2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-29 16:04
This is interesting, the A remote trigger the camera to record when i was doing the rest buttons command.

Does the Maste RC  find the Slave RC  on the Remote control setting page ?  Can you see video as well on the Slave RC ?  This would of course be with the Master still having full control of the AC .

You are saying if you press the Red record button on the "A "slave remote that it will begin to record ?  can you control the gimbal as well ?
You of course can keep tinkering but I would be leary of using this remote to control the aircraft at all, this could be a recipe for disaster .  

donnie
2017-4-30
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-30 05:07
Is it not strange that it will load the Phantom FW 1.8  and not the Inspire FW ?  I did not even realize that this could happen , he did buy them used and I wonder if there was some hanky pinky going on inside the RC transmitter , hard to say .  

This has been a trend lately with older RC's and getting to work with the Go app etc.  

it does not look like there any sign of tampering with the remote.  i wonder if it a new firmware for the "A" units and it just crashing them.  I am notice a lot of A remotes pop online the past few weeks.

Has any one try update there "A" remotes lately?
2017-4-30
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-30 05:13
Does the Maste RC  find the Slave RC  on the Remote control setting page ?  Can you see video as well on the Slave RC ?  This would of course be with the Master still having full control of the AC .

You are saying if you press the Red record button on the "A "slave remote that it will begin to record ?  can you control the gimbal as well ?

The "A" will not connect to the master or even show it in the list.

I do not know if the wheel will work as my camera is broken and does not move (something wrong with the camera it self), never crash just does not work.  But i get a pic and it will record by pushing the button.  I do have a osmo camera i bought come in Monday i could try it (i read some people say it will work just not be a clear pic).

I only plan to use  the "A" for the camera, it will never never control the drone for flight.  do to the problems i am have.

2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-30 08:28
The "A" will not connect to the master or even show it in the list.

I do not know if the wheel will work as my camera is broken and does not move (something wrong with the camera it self), never crash just does not work.  But i get a pic and it will record by pushing the button.  I do have a osmo camera i bought come in Monday i could try it (i read some people say it will work just not be a clear pic).

I have no idea How the other transmitter can be working with the system if they are not linked.  How can it send the signal for it to record if they are not linked , some serious voodoo going on here for sure .  
did you not say that you had no communication with it till you took the HDMI part of the Phantom transmitter ?  Does this part look exactly like the one on your model "C". does it have the USB.  AND  The HDMI port ???
That is why we keep getting the Phanotm data showing up ?  Cant believe I did not think of this earlier , take the USB off the InsPire "C" transmitter then update and I bet it will work .

donnie

2017-4-30
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-30 08:58
I have no idea How the other transmitter can be working with the system if they are not linked.  How can it send the signal for it to record if they are not linked , some serious voodoo going on here for sure .  
did you not say that you had no communication with it till you took the HDMI part of the Phantom transmitter ?  Does this part look exactly like the one on your model "C". does it have the USB.  AND  The HDMI port ???
That is why we keep getting the Phanotm data showing up ?  Cant believe I did not think of this earlier , take the USB off the InsPire "C" transmitter then update and I bet it will work .

Sorry if i mix things up.  I been all over try things, and done a tone of different things.  I only got video when i link it directly to the drone.  I was trying that to see if it would update with the correct FW.

Yes the USB, and HDMI originally was dead on the "A", but i swap it out from a part remote i bought (another inspire remote, but that one is broken).

I did try the "A" on my works phantom just to see if it would work.  that was a no go.  I was trying to figure that out my self.  

I will give it a try and see if that works, i was wonder that my self.
2017-4-30
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-30 08:58

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i took the "A" USB board out and put it in the "C" i got the same error as i was getting with the "A", and when i took the "C" and put it in the "A" it work.

So i when back to my parts remote and took back the USB board and put it back in the "A" and now it works (i put the "C" back in it).  I read last night that a bad HDMI Board could cause the remote not to work. since i swap both USB and HDMI from the parts remote i figure that was not the case and moved on in life searching for another answer.  Turns out the USB board must store the FW on it and i bet the person i got the parts remote from put a used phantom in it, may be trying to fix it or something.

So i put the old USB board back in used the HDMI from the parts and it work.  A quick update later and now both work just fine.  Now i just need to fix/get a new camera and i be good.

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.  I try to change the title of this thread to solve for those who get a slimier problem
2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-30 10:52

When i took the "A" USB board out and put it in the "C" i got the same error as i was getting with the "A", and when i took the "C" and put it in the "A" it work.

Great , I can't believe I did not think of this sooner , glad you have it going !!
You can edit the original post by going to it  ans just go to the the  "Edit " tab on  bottom right next to the "Reply " option  .  Just put at the end "Solved "  Or something like that .

donnie
2017-4-30
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-30 10:52

Glad you figured it out and Donnie is right... it is hard to trust the used stuff on the market because you do not know the back history with the equipment.

This was a weird case for sure and DJI has many technical things going on when they separate the models and you cannot just switch parts between drone types and hope they work.

All the best
Rich
2017-4-30
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-30 05:07

I have noticed the new AC FW does not let you use the older versions of the Go App. FYI I just updated my DJI Go App to the latest version (that removed the P4, P4P, Mavic Pro) from the build... The main reason is  it stopped working with my Mavic or P4P anymore...the Go App tells you to change to Go 4.

So now, I need to old Go App for my Inspire 1 and OSMO and the Go 4 App for all the new stuff...

Rich
2017-4-30
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
United States

[Solved] - dji gl658a not connecting to tablet

This Problem is solved, the previews owner put a phantom USB unit in to the inspire remote, a new unit later and everything works.
2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-30 12:50
I have noticed the new AC FW does not let you use the older versions of the Go App. FYI I just updated my DJI Go App to the latest version (that removed the P4, P4P, Mavic Pro) from the build... The main reason is  it stopped working with my Mavic or P4P anymore...the Go App tells you to change to Go 4.

So now, I need to old Go App for my Inspire 1 and OSMO and the Go 4 App for all the new stuff...

That is interesting  to know  that old  go apps wont work with  the latest  FW on the Aircrafts and RC ,   going to make a note of that for sure .
So if you use the Ipad , what  version are you on for the go app 3.1.10  correct ?  I am going to update to the latest in the next few days, I am at 1.8 on the Ac and 1.6 on the Rc still but see no harm in updating now .  I use the old Go app 3.1.4 and 3.1.1 on my I pad pros currently .

thanks Rich

donnie
2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-4-30 12:57
This Problem is solved, the previews owner put a phantom USB unit in to the inspire remote, a new unit later and everything works.

If you want to edit your original post go to the very first post of yours at the top of the page  , go to Edit on the bottom right of the post and you will see it looks like your first day you posted it , go to the top and add solved, then be sure to  save it .  This way it shows up in the thread solved.  If you dont it is no big deal .
2017-4-30
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-30 14:00
That is interesting  to know  that old  go apps wont work with  the latest  FW on the Aircrafts and RC ,   going to make a note of that for sure .
So if you use the Ipad , what  version are you on for the go app 3.1.10  correct ?  I am going to update to the latest in the next few days, I am at 1.8 on the Ac and 1.6 on the Rc still but see no harm in updating now .  I use the old Go app 3.1.4 and 3.1.1 on my I pad pros currently .

Hi Donnie

I am currently on 3.1.10 on the DJI Go App for my Inspire 1 and OSMO, the Mavic Pro and P4 Pro are on the DJI Go 4 App (4.0.8)  All of my aircraft are up to date with their respective FW versions.

Rich
2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-30 15:27
Hi Donnie

I am currently on 3.1.10 on the DJI Go App for my Inspire 1 and OSMO, the Mavic Pro and P4 Pro are on the DJI Go 4 App (4.0.8)  All of my aircraft are up to date with their respective FW versions.

Okey dokey , thank you !

donnie
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules