Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Enough is enough DJI
1420 20 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Seriously DJI get your act together.

I know I'm not the only P4 user here wanting some kind of positive information about the supposed update to our products we've bought. Mines not even a year old yet and already it's discontinued for sale. And we are waiting for an update. Come on play fair to your loyal customers before people move to another platform.
2017-4-27
Use props
manfredo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree. I bought mine around Thanksgiving. I completely understand platforms being discontinued, I get that - but one of things that always made me feel good about DJI was the fact that Firmware upgrades were always provided for older drones. This lack of updates from DJI is just not cool, at least let us know if it's coming but will be delayed a bit more....the lack of communication is just unacceptable.
2017-4-27
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the update your waiting for?
2017-4-27
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

yeah i was thinking that ???
2017-4-27
Use props
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138192 ft
United States

Gesture mode and terrain follow mode would be cool but not sure if possible on the P4.
2017-4-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Here we go again
2017-4-27
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh lol.  If we're talking random pipe dreams, you're going to be disappointed.  

Welcome to being on the forefront of technology!  If you want to be a pioneer, you have to be prepared to take an arrow in the back!

Just to be super clear for anybody who doesn't know - if you buy a drone right now, in 8-10 months, it will be obsolete.  

This is the hobby you are choosing to be a part of.  If that cost is too high, I'd find another hobby.  It will certainly not get any cheaper going forward!

It makes me laugh as I think about all the promises of future support that came with the Inspire 1.  DJI's tech is moving so fast, I wouldn't expect anything older than a year or so to have any major firmware changes.  Especially going forward.
2017-4-27
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

"Mines not even a year old yet and already it's discontinued for sale."

Production was even terminated in January according to this article:
http://www.wetalkuav.com/phantom-4-discontinued-production/

Consider your P4 history. Talking cars it is an oldtimer.
I expect the same for the P4P later this year.

The digital world incl. computers/smartphones etc. is upgrading in an unimaginable pace.
What's the value of a high end digital camera we bought 3 years ago?
I remember the Nikon F3 I always worked with. It was high end for a decade.

The digital pace has its own momentum and no one can't stop it.
Not DJI or Microsoft or Apple or Google or GoPro.
They can survive if they keep the speed. They might win if they top the speed.

Sorry I got carried away.
I can very well understand you anger...

2017-4-27
Use props
calls4u2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe an update that fixes all the issues that keep coming up on here. That would be good. As the op says, dji are like zero on communicating with their customers.
2017-4-27
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

calls4u2 Posted at 2017-4-27 12:23
Maybe an update that fixes all the issues that keep coming up on here. That would be good. As the op says, dji are like zero on communicating with their customers.

You can expect this as much as an update to space shuttles by NASA.
2017-4-27
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 523799 ft
United States

This is being discussed HERE as well....It's not really a dream but yeah, DJI's silence is crap big time.

And it's not because your product is EOL, especially over such a short period that you have to take a dump on your customers....Even Apple doesn't do it, fake hardware limitations after 24months to push for a substantial upgrade.

2017-4-27
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

The worst part is the new Goggles manual. Specifically says he modes work on a P4. So where are they??
2017-4-27
Use props
derekw2458
New

United States

Is the software still the same as when it came out?
2017-4-27
Use props
calls4u2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

At the very least they need to fix all the horizon issues and bring back Google maps in the app.
2017-4-27
Use props
beeper
Second Officer
Australia

DJI where are the updates?
2017-4-27
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

I'm just going to complain in every way I can. I've called them and strangely enough you cannot ever speak to anyone in authority.
I'm going to look into the consumer law aspect of this. Because I'm pretty sure there is something in the law stating support and repairs etc have to be for a certain amount of time.
So what will they do if they cannot fix our P4 under warranty?
Say there's not fault?
Charge us saying it's user error?
Or send us a new Advanced???
2017-4-27
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-4-27 14:52
At first, I was going to suggest the OP not diilute pressure by creating a new thread when Jim's thread already has so much input, but now I think there is better strategy. Starting tomorrow, every new topic or reply regarding the P4, I'm going to reply and explain the current situation. Any help appreciated. I'm literally going to make this entire forum about P4 firmwaregate. It's on.

I'm in but I can see us getting banned somewhere along the line.
2017-4-27
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-4-27 14:52
At first, I was going to suggest the OP not diilute pressure by creating a new thread when Jim's thread already has so much input, but now I think there is better strategy. Starting tomorrow, every new topic or reply regarding the P4, I'm going to reply and explain the current situation. Any help appreciated. I'm literally going to make this entire forum about P4 firmwaregate. It's on.

2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-4-27 16:28

Your intuition is correct. Any behavior like this will result in an immediate ban. Thread locked but left up for transparency's sake.
2017-4-27
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Guernsey

Thanks for clarification
2017-4-27
Use props
EvolutionYT
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-4-27 16:51
Your intuition is correct. Any behavior like this will result in an immediate ban. Thread locked but left up for transparency's sake.

Bump. Your welcome.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules