Phantom 3 Advanced Fly More Combo with Free Training
1321 7 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DiverDan
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,
  I'm very excited to be buying a drone!  As stated in the title, I am looking at the P3A with free backpack, extra battery, hand delivered with an hour of free training.  I searched to see if anyone has purchased this package but didn't see any results.  DJI claims that it can be delivered in as little as 4 hours after payment and a free hour of flight training!  I live in an area (Miami) where this is offered.  Has anyone else purchased this package?  If so, I was wondering what your experiences were with the whole deal.  I've been researching and watching videos for over a week now and can't wait to get my hands on a P3A!!!
2017-4-27
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Check out the offer carefully.  DJI no longer makes the P3Adv, and they also no longer are doing firmware updates to it.  Now I bought one about a month ago and love it.  But understand that they've reduced the support for this model significantly.
2017-4-28
Use props
DiverDan
lvl.1

United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-4-28 14:02
Check out the offer carefully.  DJI no longer makes the P3Adv, and they also no longer are doing firmware updates to it.  Now I bought one about a month ago and love it.  But understand that they've reduced the support for this model significantly.

Do you have the latest firmware?  I have seen some complaints about it.  I'm pretty much convinced this is the model I want.  It's in my price range and I think a 4K camera would also require a new laptop to edit video.  I'm just wondering about the program offered.  I sent DJI an email today with a bunch of questios but haven't gotten a response yet.
2017-4-28
Use props
DiverDan
lvl.1

United States

Holy crap.  I feel like a dog that's been chasing its tail for an hour.  I just spend an hour with a chat rep who told me repeatedly that the Fly More Package only came with 1 battery.  I see it says base package plus 1 battery plus backpack.  She insisted that meant one battery.  A different rep told me the other day that it came with 3!  So finally after asking, "If you bought a car with a base package would you expect it to come with a battery?" getting an answer of yes, and adding 1 + 1=2, She finally agreed that it came with 2.  I mean why would you call it a Fly More Package and only have 1 battery?!?  Where do these reps come from.  How can I believe anything they say?
2017-4-28
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

DiverDan Posted at 2017-4-28 19:41
Do you have the latest firmware?  I have seen some complaints about it.  I'm pretty much convinced this is the model I want.  It's in my price range and I think a 4K camera would also require a new laptop to edit video.  I'm just wondering about the program offered.  I sent DJI an email today with a bunch of questios but haven't gotten a response yet.

When I bought my drone and charged the batteries, the first message that I got was that the firmware needed updating.  I read the manual on how to do it and began the process.  After what seemed quite awhile, I unplugged it and tried to fire things up.  BIG error message popped up saying that there was a firmware failure.  I sweated that one for awhile, but finally found something on the web that said, "Just do it again.  You'll get all kinds of alarm sounds - like a smoke alarm - but just ignore them".  I did that, and the advice was right.  Everything worked after that.  Now, as I said, I've read on the forum here that there will be no more firmware updates to the P3Adv, so I'm not expecting to have to do it again.  As you'll read over and over here, READ THE MANUAL and follow it carefully.  The forum here is full of complaints about DJI service, but the product itself - the drones - are top notch.  
2017-5-1
Use props
DiverDan
lvl.1

United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-5-1 11:03
When I bought my drone and charged the batteries, the first message that I got was that the firmware needed updating.  I read the manual on how to do it and began the process.  After what seemed quite awhile, I unplugged it and tried to fire things up.  BIG error message popped up saying that there was a firmware failure.  I sweated that one for awhile, but finally found something on the web that said, "Just do it again.  You'll get all kinds of alarm sounds - like a smoke alarm - but just ignore them".  I did that, and the advice was right.  Everything worked after that.  Now, as I said, I've read on the forum here that there will be no more firmware updates to the P3Adv, so I'm not expecting to have to do it again.  As you'll read over and over here, READ THE MANUAL and follow it carefully.  The forum here is full of complaints about DJI service, but the product itself - the drones - are top notch.

Thank you for the reply.  I have already read the manuals twice and watched ton of how to videos.  As long as the last firmware update isn't buggy, I'll be happy.
2017-5-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

DiverDan Posted at 2017-5-2 10:44
Thank you for the reply.  I have already read the manuals twice and watched ton of how to videos.  As long as the last firmware update isn't buggy, I'll be happy.

One of my favorite video makes is Tom's Tech Time:  https://www.youtube.com/user/goblinpicturesger/videos
He has tons of great videos.  I made a contribution to support his efforts via his PayPal link cuz he's so good.
2017-5-2
Use props
DiverDan
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I like his videos as well.  Very informative.  He gets a commission if people by from DJI if using the link on his site.  I'll probably go that route.  It won't cost me any more.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules