Mavic pro losing video transmission now sent for repair
3861 24 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marksackerman
lvl.1

United States

I had problems with my mavic pro losing video transmission and a few times just completely lost connection and landed where it was. I went through steps with dji tech support and finally sent it back for them to assess what is wrong. On my last flight I lost my feed all together and when I turned on the mavic again the gimble was not working properly. Is this all stuff dji is going to repair or replace for free? And what is general turn around time? I got the mavic with hopes to use it for video in Hawaii at the end of may and now I'm scared it might not make it back to me in time.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear the issue, our engineers will evaluate the drone after it arrives, then send you an e-mail with the invoice, if it's caused by product faulty, and accord with the warranty policy, the it will be repaired for free.
We are now working hard to speed up the process for all RMA and DOA cases so you could get the drone back as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience.
2017-4-27
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

Realisticly, you're looking at a month to 6 weeks.... really no matter how much fluff they throw at ya.  I think the mods on the board are trying their best, but it's really all for nothing.  Again, 4-6 weeks.
2017-4-27
Use props
Marksackerman
lvl.1

United States

Thanks DJI Natalia I see it was just delivered today, here is my case number CAS-599397-T2B3J7

I have seen a lot of horror stories on wait time but hoping for the best. Thanks!
2017-4-28
Use props
skiddyfisk
lvl.1

United States

My drone has exhibited similar issues. If they expect me to be without a week-old thousand-dollar drone for over a month due to an out of the box error I may have to return it and buy something better. That kind of wait to fix a BRAND NEW device is absolutely unacceptable.
2017-4-28
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

skiddyfisk Posted at 2017-4-28 19:35
My drone has exhibited similar issues. If they expect me to be without a week-old thousand-dollar drone for over a month due to an out of the box error I may have to return it and buy something better. That kind of wait to fix a BRAND NEW device is absolutely unacceptable.

Well, you can 'return it' for a refund, then wait for a new unit to be sent.... might only take 3 weeks... lol.  DJI is the worst at exchange/refund/repair.  I seriously don't think that there's a worse company out there.  One option is if you really like the DJI product, buy it on amazon... and if there's a defect, send it back to them.  They'll refund ya the second it goes in the mail, then you can reorder a new one.  Much better and hella faster return/exchange policy.
2017-4-28
Use props
Marksackerman
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-27 22:55
Sorry to hear the issue, our engineers will evaluate the drone after it arrives, then send you an e-mail with the invoice, if it's caused by product faulty, and accord with the warranty policy, the it will be repaired for free.
We are now working hard to speed up the process for all RMA and DOA cases so you could get the drone back as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience.

Hey Natalia I'm wondering if you might be able to check on CAS-599397-T2B3J7 for me and see if any type of time estimate is possible. I'm leaving for Hawaii on the 25 and that was the main reason I purchased my mavic in the first place. It was delivered to you guys last Friday. Thank you!
2017-5-1
Use props
fans649ac432
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1490 ft
Brazil

I was flying calmly with my mavic when it seems to me that I lost the signal and the control. The mavic eventually crashed into a tree. Could someone help me to learn more about my problem? How do I know what might have happened?
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marksackerman Posted at 2017-5-1 14:13
Hey Natalia I'm wondering if you might be able to check on CAS-599397-T2B3J7 for me and see if any type of time estimate is possible. I'm leaving for Hawaii on the 25 and that was the main reason I purchased my mavic in the first place. It was delivered to you guys last Friday. Thank you!

It takes a few business days to check in and update the system.
I've forwarded your concern to the local designated team, will try our best to help you get it resolve as soon as possible so you can bring the drone to Hawaii.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans649ac432 Posted at 2017-5-1 14:43
I was flying calmly with my mavic when it seems to me that I lost the signal and the control. The mavic eventually crashed into a tree. Could someone help me to learn more about my problem? How do I know what might have happened?

I replied your another post, please do as the instruction to provide us the data for analysis, thanks.
2017-5-2
Use props
Marksackerman
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-2 00:27
I replied your another post, please do as the instruction to provide us the data for analysis, thanks.

Thanks, I was contacted by plane, appreciate the help.
2017-5-3
Use props
therapyzl1
New
United States

[/color I just got the Mavic pro for my birthday and I am having video connection errors as well.  I did the firmware update and all the calibrations.  I have an I phone 7 plus, and saw something that for some reason the new phones were having the issues.  Anyone know if this is true?  I never had an issue like this with my DJI phantom vision 3.  Very frustrating.  Almost to the point I want to tell my wife to return it.
Thanks in advance.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

therapyzl1 Posted at 2017-5-3 08:41
[/color I just got the Mavic pro for my birthday and I am having video connection errors as well.  I did the firmware update and all the calibrations.  I have an I phone 7 plus, and saw something that for some reason the new phones were having the issues.  Anyone know if this is true?  I never had an issue like this with my DJI phantom vision 3.  Very frustrating.  Almost to the point I want to tell my wife to return it.
Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by "Video connection errors"? there is no image transmission?
Please describe the issue in detail, thanks.
2017-5-3
Use props
Marksackerman
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-2 00:21
It takes a few business days to check in and update the system.
I've forwarded your concern to the local designated team, will try our best to help you get it resolve as soon as possible so you can bring the drone to Hawaii.

Hey Natalia I'm still seeing no update on the status of my order. It still does not show that it has been received. It was received 2 Friday's ago and still no update.
2017-5-7
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

good luck, two days for label.... five days for shipping then another five just to check the drone in, not sure about the repair wait..
2017-5-7
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-4-28 20:48
Well, you can 'return it' for a refund, then wait for a new unit to be sent.... might only take 3 weeks... lol.  DJI is the worst at exchange/refund/repair.  I seriously don't think that there's a worse company out there.  One option is if you really like the DJI product, buy it on amazon... and if there's a defect, send it back to them.  They'll refund ya the second it goes in the mail, then you can reorder a new one.  Much better and hella faster return/exchange policy.

here ya go

crazy!

crazy!
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marksackerman Posted at 2017-5-7 17:45
Hey Natalia I'm still seeing no update on the status of my order. It still does not show that it has been received. It was received 2 Friday's ago and still no update.

Sorry about it, I reported your case to the local logistic department, and asked them to speed up the process for you.
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We replied your own post, sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-5-7
Use props
Chakram
New
United Kingdom

Hi I appear to be having some difficulty in the image transmission too. Initially there was no problem, now after 1 week the display on my iPhone freezes and I have had purple flashes appear and screen freezing. It would appear quiet a common fault reading into all the tutorials. I have tried different sd cards and even no sd card. I have found something interesting though, if I hold it and spin it around in the air like a kid with a toy plane the video only freezes when i point the drone down. If I point the drone back up to the sky it appears to work again. Im no expert but could it be the cable that connects the gimbal? I have only just got this new toy and really don't have the time to send it off and wait 6 weeks so if you think it could be this please let me know and I will just get the drone doctor to repair asap. I have upgraded the firmware and downgraded and then upgraded again to check this wasn't the issue.  At first I was getting strong interference warnings now I just don't even want to fly it with out the video as it has no purpose for me. I know you guys are busy and appreciate your time? Kind Regards Glenn Rackham
2017-5-8
Use props
Marksackerman
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-7 22:15
Sorry about it, I reported your case to the local logistic department, and asked them to speed up the process for you.

Hey Natalia, so today I received an invoice via email for fixing a broken wire and something else for my camera, but the issue with loosing video transmission was not mentioned. Here is what I got in my email. Could you please let them know that the main issue was the mavic constantly losing video transmissions. I tried it with different phones/iPads and it would continue to lose video at some point. Thank you!
IMG_0566.PNG
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marksackerman Posted at 2017-5-10 14:55
Hey Natalia, so today I received an invoice via email for fixing a broken wire and something else for my camera, but the issue with loosing video transmission was not mentioned. Here is what I got in my email. Could you please let them know that the main issue was the mavic constantly losing video transmissions. I tried it with different phones/iPads and it would continue to lose video at some point. Thank you!

I need check it with the local damage assessment department with the details, will have someone contact you for a further explanation.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Chakram Posted at 2017-5-8 14:33
Hi I appear to be having some difficulty in the image transmission too. Initially there was no problem, now after 1 week the display on my iPhone freezes and I have had purple flashes appear and screen freezing. It would appear quiet a common fault reading into all the tutorials. I have tried different sd cards and even no sd card. I have found something interesting though, if I hold it and spin it around in the air like a kid with a toy plane the video only freezes when i point the drone down. If I point the drone back up to the sky it appears to work again. Im no expert but could it be the cable that connects the gimbal? I have only just got this new toy and really don't have the time to send it off and wait 6 weeks so if you think it could be this please let me know and I will just get the drone doctor to repair asap. I have upgraded the firmware and downgraded and then upgraded again to check this wasn't the issue.  At first I was getting strong interference warnings now I just don't even want to fly it with out the video as it has no purpose for me. I know you guys are busy and appreciate your time? Kind Regards Glenn Rackham

There is no any issue for the video in SD card, right?
What's the model of your iPhone? have you tried to change another mobile device to fly it in a different open area?
2017-5-11
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

therapyzl1 Posted at 2017-5-3 08:41
Thanks in advance.

pro tip, trash the dji cable and use an original apple cable.
2017-5-11
Use props
Marksackerman
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-11 01:21
There is no any issue for the video in SD card, right?
What's the model of your iPhone? have you tried to change another mobile device to fly it in a different open area?

Yes, I tried multiple iPhones and a iPad as well as an android phone, all had the same result. At some point in most flights video would be lost and I would have to restart the program over and over each time to regain video feed.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Marksackerman Posted at 2017-5-11 04:49
Yes, I tried multiple iPhones and a iPad as well as an android phone, all had the same result. At some point in most flights video would be lost and I would have to restart the program over and over each time to regain video feed.

Our support called you back to explained it to you, we'll start the repair process once payment is confirmed.
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules