3040 30 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Evening dudes! Not overly exciting thread for you existing users but after using a Pahntom first gen some months ago off and on, I decided I'd treat myself to a Magic Pro after lots of reading and watching videos!

Any tips to get me started? Dos and Donts?

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to get this thing flying!
2017-4-27
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Well for starters return your Magic and get yourself a Mavic
2017-4-27
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-27 12:29
Well for starters return your Magic and get yourself a Mavic

Lol. Well spotted! Dam auto correct on my iPad!
2017-4-27
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Watch a lot of the Youtube videos about the Mavic
2017-4-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Any tips to get me started? Dos and Donts?

Offhand the best suggestions I can think of are:

• Read and understand the manual, asking questions here (or somewhere else) if you don't understand or are unsure about something in it.
  • Buy Care Refresh when you receive the Mavic.
  • Fly carefully during your early flights, keeping it at a low altitude and in areas where it won't be lost in case of a problem; for example, no flying over water.

2017-4-27
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

Congrats. Now cross your fingers and hope you have a good one. All joking aside you'll love your Mavic . I went from a Phantom 3 Standard to my Mavic and everyday I fly it I am amazed over and over again.  As with everyone else read and watch You tube videos. They will help out a lot and if you have questions don't be afraid to ask.
2017-4-27
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks gents. I'm no stranger to flying DJI gear but as it's my first brand new buy it feels I should fly with extra caution.

Annoyingly, the conditions have not been ideal today and I' won't get chance tomorrow so will post back on Sunday all being well. I was a little concerned about DJI customer service again after reading some of the complaints yesterday on here mind...
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-4-28 12:27
Thanks gents. I'm no stranger to flying DJI gear but as it's my first brand new buy it feels I should fly with extra caution.

Annoyingly, the conditions have not been ideal today and I' won't get chance tomorrow so will post back on Sunday all being well. I was a little concerned about DJI customer service again after reading some of the complaints yesterday on here mind...

It's also wise to purchase DJI Care Refresh in case you have a pilot error crash.
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club...

I might add couple of things:

- Check your AC before and after every flight. ( battery, propeller, wings) Always remember to take off your plastic gimbal lock.

- Stay away - from metal, cell towers, Power line. Remember that most concrete has metal REBAR that will also affect the drone.

- SAFETY FIRST - FUN SECOND
2017-4-28
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-28 12:35
It's also wise to purchase DJI Care Refresh in case you have a pilot error crash.

Is this available to purchase even though I bought the Mavi from another retailer?
2017-4-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-4-30 01:53
Is this available to purchase even though I bought the Mavi from another retailer?

You don't have to get your Mavic directly from DJI to buy Care Refresh, but you do need to get it within 48 hours of activating the aircraft. It's still possible to do after that but gets a bit more complicated.
2017-4-30
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302802 ft
Norway

Just bought myself a mavic pro! first time user
2017-4-30
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-30 04:03
You don't have to get your Mavic directly from DJI to buy Care Refresh, but you do need to get it within 48 hours of activating the aircraft. It's still possible to do after that but gets a bit more complicated.

D'oh! Kicking myself for not doing that now! Didn't know. Mavic hasn't been in the air yet. Wished I'd know about this. The video you have to provide looks tricky!
2017-5-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also, do you guys fly with the gimbal cover on? Or is it better for that to be off for air and heat dispersion?
2017-5-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-28 12:35

Why is this service not prominently promoted in the box? I feel aggrieved as I know have the hassle of getting someone to help me provide proof it's ok before it's even been in the air. Would have been activated Sunday evening so it's just ticked past the 48 hour mark
2017-5-1
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-1 01:43
Also, do you guys fly with the gimbal cover on? Or is it better for that to be off for air and heat dispersion?

I fly with it off and my perception is that most people do the same, though there definitely are advocates for keeping it on. Aside from concerns about heat, the one thing that it most definitely can do is create glare that reduces the quality of photos and video taken with it on.
2017-5-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks bud. Gimbal seems uber fragile so I'm a little scared about handling it regularly :-) Just need some good weather now!
2017-5-1
Use props
Mavic747
New

Switzerland

2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-1 01:46
Why is this service not prominently promoted in the box? I feel aggrieved as I know have the hassle of getting someone to help me provide proof it's ok before it's even been in the air. Would have been activated Sunday evening so it's just ticked past the 48 hour mark

Email djicare@dji.com and you may still be able to purchase.
2017-5-2
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-2 06:54
Email  and you may still be able to purchase.

Thanks Ken. Think I'll need to get a video clip so will get straight in to that.

Could you tell me if I could use a iPad mini with the Mavics controller? Will it fit in ok with the grips?
2017-5-4
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-1 01:46

It is promoted.  Right on top of the manual in the package   There is a card that says "48 hours".  You should be able to get it.  Just email or call.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-4 14:06
Thanks Ken. Think I'll need to get a video clip so will get straight in to that.

Could you tell me if I could use a iPad mini with the Mavics controller? Will it fit in ok with the grips?

Yes, it fits in snug, I use my mini all the time.
You just need to remove the side cable and the retainer from the clamp.
2017-5-4
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-4 19:12
It is promoted.  Right on top of the manual in the package   There is a card that says "48 hours".  You should be able to get it.  Just email or call.

Must have gazed past it in all the excitement of getting the batteries all charged up and firmware updated. Will get it done but will need to video the Mavic now before hand.
2017-5-7
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-4 19:11
Yes, it fits in snug, I use my mini all the time.
You just need to remove the side cable and the retainer from the clamp.

Sweet, just purchased a Mini 2 off Apples refurb site. Hard to justify buying the Mini 4 as I already have a 4th Gen & Air 2. Just find my iPhone 7 is a little small and it absolutely nails the battery
2017-5-7
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-7 02:12
Must have gazed past it in all the excitement of getting the batteries all charged up and firmware updated. Will get it done but will need to video the Mavic now before hand.

I did the same thing I found it the next day lol. Good luck and enjoy it it's a wonderful piece of equipment.
2017-5-7
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-7 02:52
I did the same thing I found it the next day lol. Good luck and enjoy it it's a wonderful piece of equipment.

Thanks bud. Hope your enjoying yours. It truly is fantastic! It's a major advance over the original Phantom that's for sure. iPad mini has just been delivered for it so will look forward to setting that up with it. That said....the DJI Goggles will be purchased imminently
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-7 02:13
Sweet, just purchased a Mini 2 off Apples refurb site. Hard to justify buying the Mini 4 as I already have a 4th Gen & Air 2. Just find my iPhone 7 is a little small and it absolutely nails the battery

That's great, I haven't used the 2, mine is a 3 and I love it.
2017-5-8
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-8 05:31
Thanks bud. Hope your enjoying yours. It truly is fantastic! It's a major advance over the original Phantom that's for sure. iPad mini has just been delivered for it so will look forward to setting that up with it. That said....the DJI Goggles will be purchased imminently

I will have to get those as well.  I will wait a little bit as I am using the Ipad now.
2017-5-8
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-8 07:45
That's great, I haven't used the 2, mine is a 3 and I love it.

Yeah I just couldn't justify getting the 3rd/4th iPad mini as i already have the Air 2. I am slightly concerned that Apple will pull support for the mini 2 with the release of iOS11. It's a tight squeeze with the Mavic controller and I'm petrified I'm going to damage the controller grips {:4_177:}
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-9 05:52
Yeah I just couldn't justify getting the 3rd/4th iPad mini as i already have the Air 2. I am slightly concerned that Apple will pull support for the mini 2 with the release of iOS11. It's a tight squeeze with the Mavic controller and I'm petrified I'm going to damage the controller grips

I've been using my mini in the grips for months and they're totally fine.
2017-5-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Decided that although happy with the iPad mini 2 and it's performance etc, to be a little more future proof - purchased a iPad mini 4. Marginally bigger I hope it won't be an issue and fit ok.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules