New Firmware (V01.03.0600) won't install
788 13 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans144edd2d
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
Just curious if anyone else out there has had any issue installing the latest firmware (V01.03.0600 the one which includes fixed wing mode). I first attempted to take this update via the DJI Go 4 app, it appears the rc updated just fine, but when the firmware started installing on the drone itself it hung, then failed. I spoke with DJI support today and they suggested installing using Assistant 2, I plugged in a recieved a message that the firmware on the drone is inconsistent (which makes sense because it previously bombed out halfway through the update). I then a clicked through to update in Assistant 2, but met the same problem- began updating, hung at 57%, drone power cycled a few times and got the failed message. I noticed I can refresh the current firmware (V01.03.0550) just fine and the inconsistent firmware message goes away, but I just cannot get this thing to take the latest and greatest. I spoke with DJI Support and they suggested sending it in. Before I do so, just wanted to know if anyone else experienced something similar with this or any previous updates or maybe just had some advice. This is my first drone and only the 2-3 firmware update I've taken. Thanks!

2017-4-27
Use props
PigsCanFly
New
United States

Exact same problem here.  Firmware successfully loads on RC but fails on the drone at 51%...using an entire battery in the effort.  Now I have to figure out how to ditch the firmware on the RC so they are compatible again.  Unit has ZERO use.  Out of the box yesterday.  So far my user experience is POOR
2017-4-27
Use props
Exeleon
lvl.1
United States

PigsCanFly Posted at 2017-4-27 15:15
Exact same problem here.  Firmware successfully loads on RC but fails on the drone at 51%...using an entire battery in the effort.  Now I have to figure out how to ditch the firmware on the RC so they are compatible again.  Unit has ZERO use.  Out of the box yesterday.  So far my user experience is POOR

If you've got DJI Assistant installed on your computer, you can just plug the RC in and downgrade. Thats what I just did with my remote. I had a hell of a time installing Assistant 2 on my PC though- the drivers are unsigned which Windows did not like and blocked. The only way to get it installed on my machine was to restart my computer in troubleshoot mode where it will not enforce driver signatures and then install! So if you're using a PC, just keep that in mind. I'm sorry you're experiencing the same problems as I, it ain't fun especially when you've just spent a grand on something. I'm just baffled as to why DJI support was so quick to say "mail it to us for repair". Aside from asking me to try to update from the PC, there was virtually no troubleshooting with him. I don't believe there is something wrong with the drone that only they could fix, but rather a bad update.
Edit: this is the original poster of this thread, I just updated my username.
2017-4-27
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Exeleon Posted at 2017-4-27 15:37
If you've got DJI Assistant installed on your computer, you can just plug the RC in and downgrade. Thats what I just did with my remote. I had a hell of a time installing Assistant 2 on my PC though- the drivers are unsigned which Windows did not like and blocked. The only way to get it installed on my machine was to restart my computer in troubleshoot mode where it will not enforce driver signatures and then install! So if you're using a PC, just keep that in mind. I'm sorry you're experiencing the same problems as I, it ain't fun especially when you've just spent a grand on something. I'm just baffled as to why DJI support was so quick to say "mail it to us for repair". Aside from asking me to try to update from the PC, there was virtually no troubleshooting with him. I don't believe there is something wrong with the drone that only they could fix, but rather a bad update.
Edit: this is the original poster of this thread, I just updated my username.

When you are updating via Assistant 2, make sure no other programs are running on the PC. Connect the drone via the usb cable that came with the Mavic and connect directly to a usb port, not via a usb hub. Make sure you remove the gimbal clamp. Don't move the Mavic while the update is happening.
2017-4-27
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Why if 0.600 is the newest FW hasn't DJI officially posted it on this forum (like they always have) ???????
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-4-27 20:54
Why if 0.600 is the newest FW hasn't DJI officially posted it on this forum (like they always have) ???????

It is on the first page...
2017-4-27
Use props
Exeleon
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 21:08

Could you provide a link to that thread? I couldn't find it either, I only see the thread for 01.03.0550. I'd like to view the latest firmware thread and possibly post there.
2017-4-28
Use props
Carnage808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21893 ft
United States

Consider yourself lucky.  The .600 firmware seems to be causing more issues than fixing anything
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Exeleon Posted at 2017-4-28 08:42
Could you provide a link to that thread? I couldn't find it either, I only see the thread for 01.03.0550. I'd like to view the latest firmware thread and possibly post there.

Exeleon,

My mistake I thought I saw it but the upgrade was to:

* Optimize No - FLY-ZONE Return to Home and Unlocking

* Improved 4K video recording stability.

Hope this help...!

2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Carnage808 Posted at 2017-4-28 08:45
Consider yourself lucky.  The .600 firmware seems to be causing more issues than fixing anything

Carnage... There are NO Carnage here... Carnage.  

The MAVIC flies beautifully and really enjoy the FIXED WING flying...
2017-4-28
Use props
Carnage808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21893 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-28 09:40
Carnage... There are NO Carnage here... Carnage.  

The MAVIC flies beautifully and really enjoy the FIXED WING flying...

after multiple firmware refresh, IMU and gimbal re-calibrations, camera resets.. I have lost the ability to focus any shots.  

Going back to .550 to test today.
2017-4-28
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 21:08

It's only 550.  The only mention of 600 is by a member (not officially DJI)....
2017-4-28
Use props
Exeleon
lvl.1
United States

Carnage808 Posted at 2017-4-28 09:50
after multiple firmware refresh, IMU and gimbal re-calibrations, camera resets.. I have lost the ability to focus any shots.  

Going back to .550 to test today.

Yea I've read mixed opinions of .600. I think, for whatever reason, that it depends on the drone it's being installed on (or maybe the current settings on that drone). I downgraded back to .550, but have yet to test as I'm away for the weekend. Let me know how it goes!
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-4-28 10:28
It's only 550.  The only mention of 600 is by a member (not officially DJI)....

Yes I corrected myself... the Admin is GETTING LAZY or... but again .600 works beautifully. already flew around 14 batteries sessions ABSOLUTE DELIGHT!
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules