Verifying whether case is warranty or not, by logs
1057 14 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleh Artyukh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385459 ft
Ukraine

Does anyone, or DJI representative, know if DJI can verify whether the crash case is warranty or is not, by analyzing all the logs without physical aircraft.

Why I'm asking - I'm confused what to do best. As I purchased a drone in US, it can be repaired only in US. But I live in Ukraine, sending Magic there and back and resolving issue with customs can cost up to $400, then if I'll be billed for repair for about $300, if they treat the case as non-warranty.  So there is no sense to pay for all of this, but just bring Mavic and repair it in local services for $200 but losing warranty.
As for me, my case is warranty so I expect DJI to pay all the expenses for sending it, but I'd like to know if they can assess crash reason without physical presence of Mavic. That's the question I hope to get answer here .

Have a good day and evening!;)
2017-4-27
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Most of the time, DJI will ask you to upload log file first then send your drone in for evaluation. I don't think they just use log file to make decisions.
2017-4-27
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Did you ask DJI if they would cover shipping, and they said yes? They told me they wouldn't cover shipping outside of the country of purchase for my warranty repair.
2017-4-27
Use props
Oleh Artyukh
lvl.2
Ukraine

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-27 20:39
Did you ask DJI if they would cover shipping, and they said yes? They told me they wouldn't cover shipping outside of the country of purchase for my warranty repair.

No, but I'm ready to pay for shipping if they repair for free. And that's the question - will they? As analysis of my crash from another thread say that Magic lost control, this looks a warranty case, and they could analyze without the drone itself, only with logs. But DJI just say "send us the drone". I just don't want to send and pay $700 for all the expenses)
2017-4-27
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Oleh Artyukh Posted at 2017-4-27 21:16
No, but I'm ready to pay for shipping if they repair for free. And that's the question - will they? As analysis of my crash from another thread say that Magic lost control, this looks a warranty case, and they could analyze without the drone itself, only with logs. But DJI just say "send us the drone". I just don't want to send and pay $700 for all the expenses)

Hmm. Not sure. I think the forum reps (eg. Ken and Mindy) sometimes ask users to sync logs or send .dat files so they can take a look before resorting to sending in the aircraft. If DJI support don't want to let you do that, perhaps Ken or Mindy would be kind enough to help you out if you reach out to them.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Oleh Artyukh Posted at 2017-4-27 21:16

DJI Mindy explained it to you in your original post.
Just to verify, have you tried to sync the flight records and export the flight log through Assistant 2, then send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com with your APP account (e-mail address)? the support will transfer the information to data analysis team, then our engineers will review it to figure out why it crashed.
2017-4-29
Use props
Oleh Artyukh
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-29 02:56
DJI Mindy explained it to you in your original post.
Just to verify, have you tried to sync the flight records and export the flight log through Assistant 2, then send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com with your APP account (e-mail address)? the support will transfer the information to data analysis team, then our engineers will review it to figure out why it crashed.

Yes I did, sure. I hope they will fix the defect if it is;)
Had yesterday I brought my Magic to local DJI certified repair company, but I lost warranty because of this. DJI has strange policy that you can repair it only in the region where you bought it. But for me it is much expensive to sent it to USA and back, customs taxes, and probably pay for repair, it's easier to do it here. Unfortunately...
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oleh Artyukh Posted at 2017-4-29 09:16
Yes I did, sure. I hope they will fix the defect if it is;)
Had yesterday I brought my Magic to local DJI certified repair company, but I lost warranty because of this. DJI has strange policy that you can repair it only in the region where you bought it. But for me it is much expensive to sent it to USA and back, customs taxes, and probably pay for repair, it's easier to do it here. Unfortunately...

I totally understand your feelings, I would feel the same as you do.
Please wait for the data analysis result patiently.
2017-4-30
Use props
Oleh Artyukh
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-30 02:10
I totally understand your feelings, I would feel the same as you do.
Please wait for the data analysis result patiently.

Hi @DJI Natalia. Can you verify if there are some updates about the analysis?
Anyway my drone is on repair process but I and and I think others are still very interested why I couldn't control my Mavic
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oleh Artyukh Posted at 2017-5-3 00:05
Hi @DJI Natalia. Can you verify if there are some updates about the analysis?
Anyway my drone is on repair process but I and and I think others are still very interested why I couldn't control my Mavic

Please provide me your case number so I can check the status, thanks.
2017-5-3
Use props
Oleh Artyukh
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-3 00:27
Please provide me your case number so I can check the status, thanks.

There is no repair case as I decided to repair here without sending to DJI as this is too expensive.
I have created support request with all info and logs. Number is 515818.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oleh Artyukh Posted at 2017-5-3 00:43
There is no repair case as I decided to repair here without sending to DJI as this is too expensive.
I have created support request with all info and logs. Number is 515818.

I checked your e-mail and found you submitted a repair case online.
It's under process, I've informed the designated team to help you handle it soon and will let you know the analysis result.
2017-5-3
Use props
Oleh Artyukh
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-3 01:37
I checked your e-mail and found you submitted a repair case online.  
It's under process, I've informed the designated team to help you handle it soon and will let you know the analysis result.

Hi Natalia
What's about updates with investigation reason of the crash?
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oleh Artyukh Posted at 2017-5-10 01:20
Hi Natalia
What's about updates with investigation reason of the crash?

The drone did not perform properly, it's under warranty. Since we do not provide international warranty, if you choose to repair it in your location, you need pay for the repair.
2017-5-10
Use props
Oleh Artyukh
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-10 03:19
The drone did not perform properly, it's under warranty. Since we do not provide international warranty, if you choose to repair it in your location, you need pay for the repair.

Yes, but can't DJI go forward to customers and compensate the issue as fix this defect will avoid similar situation with other Mavic users and you won't need to repair their crashes by your cost. Otherwise it looks like I payed for your defect and in the future you avoid losses and angry users
Thanks for patience
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules