Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller issue
988 9 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9b099b12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98028 ft
United States

I have had my MAVIC for one day.  I succesfully updated the software on both the Aircraft and the Controller.  I flew it several times and have about 30 minutes flight time.  I turned on the controller and it beeps continuously and is reporting "STICK ERR"  "RE-CENTER THE STICKS."  I updated the controller's software using the DJI assistant 2 again succesfully (controller beeping the entire time).  No change!  Any suggestions?  Help   Thanks in advance.

MH

2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Reset both AC and controller. Delete app and reinstall and do the update from the phone.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans9b099b12
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 16:57
Reset both AC and controller. Delete app and reinstall and do the update from the phone.

ok, I'll give that a try.  I have reset the AC and the controller several times.  I tried to calibrate the controls.  The left stick does nothing, the right stick is not quite centered.  It times out before you can calibrate them due to the left stick not working I think.  The first time I updated the software, it was from the phone.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans9b099b12
lvl.1
United States

fans9b099b12 Posted at 2017-4-27 17:09
ok, I'll give that a try.  I have reset the AC and the controller several times.  I tried to calibrate the controls.  The left stick does nothing, the right stick is not quite centered.  It times out before you can calibrate them due to the left stick not working I think.  The first time I updated the software, it was from the phone.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  I tried to update the software through the iphone and DJI pro 4 app.  App just said it was current and would not update??  Also, every time I have started the AC I need to calibrate the compass, is this normal?  Every flight I have to calibrate the compass?  Thanks

MH
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans9b099b12 Posted at 2017-4-27 17:42
I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  I tried to update the software through the iphone and DJI pro 4 app.  App just said it was current and would not update??  Also, every time I have started the AC I need to calibrate the compass, is this normal?  Every flight I have to calibrate the compass?  Thanks

MH

One thing at a time. Do you still have the issue with the Sticks?
2017-4-27
Use props
Jonty2
lvl.3

New Zealand

Hi there I had the exact same issue. Turns out to be a bad sensor and I had to have the controller replaced. Sorry
2017-4-27
Use props
Tekameleon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1308291 ft
Canada

Jonty2 Posted at 2017-4-27 19:13
Hi there I had the exact same issue. Turns out to be a bad sensor and I had to have the controller replaced. Sorry

Same thing for me - had to send my controller in for testing/replacement.

Turn-around was about 4weeks.
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans9b099b12 Posted at 2017-4-27 17:42

MH

No you don't need to calibrate the compass every time. If you see the word CALIBRATE with red around and the word NORMAL then it is fine. If you are around metal or electronic you will also get the compass error.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans9b099b12
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 20:51
No you don't need to calibrate the compass every time. If you see the word CALIBRATE with red around and the word NORMAL then it is fine. If you are around metal or electronic you will also get the compass error.

I see the red box around "calibrate" every time.  It may be that I am starting it around metal and electronics.  I will take notice of my surroundings in the future.  It looks like I will have to contact DJI and get a new controller I guess.  That stinks.  Thanks

MH
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans9b099b12 Posted at 2017-4-28 04:15
I see the red box around "calibrate" every time.  It may be that I am starting it around metal and electronics.  I will take notice of my surroundings in the future.  It looks like I will have to contact DJI and get a new controller I guess.  That stinks.  Thanks

MH

Good luck and keep us posted...!
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules