12Next >
2118 40 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

You still have full Manual Mode control stick operation with very little controllable drift if the Mavic experiences Compass Error--Test Proven!!
The magnet I used was a ceramic magnet with about 1/2 pound pulling force which was an over kill for this test.  
Do Not Do This Test With The Controller (Tx) it is more susceptible to magnetism then the Aircraft!!!                                       
You Have Been Warned --- Only do these types of tests if you are willing to sacrifice your Mavic for Knowledge
                                                 To Benefit All

2017-4-27
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

You're BRAVE to do that.....Thank You!
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-27 17:38

Eagle-Eye, Your very welcome -- I was very sure that magnetic fields to the Mavic aircraft will causes it to
                 Trigger a compass error and does not interfere with manual mode --( stick inputs ) I also found out
                  That the Controller is more sensitive to magnetic interference, I will make a Test video about
                  that too--Hopefully it will come out better then this one --- need a camera man lollllll
                  It takes a very strong magnetic field to do so but if that were to happen Nothing Is Going To
                  Help the Mavic it will crash.
FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-4-27
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

One thing....  Can you fly higher?  I just want to make sure the downward vision sensors are not compensating.
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-27 18:17
One thing....  Can you fly higher?  I just want to make sure the downward vision sensors are not compensating.

Xman1, Yes I could and did in the first vid I tried to make -- the only reason I stayed low was to keep the AC
            in the frame and show I still had full control  --- I was by myself I needed a camera man to show
            me and the Mavic in the same frame --- this was the best I could do alone to prove there was no video
            trickery with my test
2017-4-27
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

One more request (Yes, I know I am difficult! ), can you show how bad that magnet skewed the compass?
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-27 18:26
One more request (Yes, I know I am difficult! ), can you show how bad that magnet skewed the compass?

Xman1, I did try , but as you seen when I was holding my tablet to the camera I totally missed the pic of the
                   bottom left corner of my screen showing the Mavic's direction arrow --- if you stop the video
                   at the points of me showing parts of the screen you would see that the Mavic was about
                   45 degrees out of sync with the GO4 app --- it is a reasonable request you made and I will
                   try to make a better version of this video tomorrow with a friend        
2017-4-27
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Awesome!  I find what you are doing most interesting.
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-27 18:39
Awesome!  I find what you are doing most interesting.

This seems to be the only way to get exact answers --- Just remember the magnetic induction was to the
Mavic AC ---- The controller is also susceptible to magnetic interference --- wait till you see that video
many will start to understand and know there Mavic system a little better
                      I have no problem being DJI's ( on the outside for the owners ) Test Pilot lolllll
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-27 17:53
Eagle-Eye, Your very welcome -- I was very sure that magnetic fields to the Mavic aircraft will causes it to
                 Trigger a compass error and does not interfere with manual mode --( stick inputs ) I also found out
                  That the Controller is more sensitive to magnetic interference, I will make a Test video about

Good job man...Keep it up...
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 18:57
Good job man...Keep it up...

I will continue to the point DJI Ken , Mindy , Thor and Joe will be betting on when I'll Crash lolllll
           Like I said I'm doing this to eliminate a lot of the guessing -- we all can Learn
I'm gonna try the Test with two controllers primary and slave with different apps next                       
2017-4-27
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-27 19:04
I will continue to the point DJI Ken , Mindy , Thor and Joe will be betting on when I'll Crash lolllll
           Like I said I'm doing this to eliminate a lot of the guessing -- we all can Learn
I'm gonna try the Test with two controllers primary and slave with different apps next

I think you will succeed scratch free because even with all the positioning sensors and compasses non-functioning, you almost have to be a moron or be seriously negligent in crashing this thing, outside of hardware failure that is.

With that said, I cannot say I didn't come close once, but still....  I will admit that I was playing drone chase with the dog at the time...   Works far better and far easier than trying to chuck a ball.

So note - if I am a betting person....  I put my money on you here.  I can tell you know what you are doing.
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-27 19:15
I think you will succeed scratch free because even with all the positioning sensors and compasses non-functioning, you almost have to be a moron or be seriously negligent in crashing this thing, outside of hardware failure that is.

With that said, I cannot say I didn't come close once, but still....  I will admit that I was playing drone chase with the dog at the time...   Works far better and far easier than trying to chuck a ball.

lollll  I already bend my wings twice the first time flying backwards and miscalculating the drift to stop
       on a bridge ,I hit the guard rail then went over the side I went 30ft down weeds along the bank
       broke my Mavic's Fall no damage -- just had to replace all props
Second time again flying in reverse in front of the house and the dam flag pole jumped out on me
     The first crash was totally my Fault but the second Crash was the Flag poles I swear and again just broke props -- Maybe I should stop flying in reverse ?
lolllllllll                                                

2017-4-27
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-27 18:26
Xman1, Yes I could and did in the first vid I tried to make -- the only reason I stayed low was to keep the AC
            in the frame and show I still had full control  --- I was by myself I needed a camera man to show
            me and the Mavic in the same frame --- this was the best I could do alone to prove there was no video

I was wondering the same thing - I think a good 20-30 ' would have been interesting to see. Good info - however, i like my mavic so I probably won't be doing that.
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-4-27 19:25
I was wondering the same thing - I think a good 20-30 ' would have been interesting to see. Good info - however, i like my mavic so I probably won't be doing that.

Intruder , You got it --- I have no problem with your request -- How's about a good 50 to 100 feet?
                 Tomorrow gonna be a busy day for me --- Test Pilot , Video Director and commentator loll
                I don't recommend anybody do what I'm doing -- unless they don't mind maybe sacrificing the Mavic to the God's of Knowledge     
2017-4-27
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-27 19:26
lollll  I already bend my wings twice the first time flying backwards and miscalculating the drift to stop
       on a bridge ,I hit the guard rail then went over the side I went 30ft down weeds along the bank
       broke my Mavic's Fall no damage -- just had to replace all props

Flag pole jumped out...  Uh huh....

Anyway, I can see you are experienced from experience.  
2017-4-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-27 19:36
Flag pole jumped out...  Uh huh....

Anyway, I can see you are experienced from experience.

It's the only way to truly learn

I'm gonna show you guys and the Form how to fly the Mavic with 2 magnets ---- Magnetism is a good thing when used properly
Too bad I won't be using them properly but you will learn and get a better understanding of the system
Trust me I won't let that flag pole jump out on me again  
2017-4-27
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

You are still low to the ground so its in OPTI mode but if you try to fly higher it will drop in to ATTI mode and especially with a weight on its back it will drift badly but I wouldn't recommend trying it.
2017-4-27
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-27 19:29
Intruder , You got it --- I have no problem with your request -- How's about a good 50 to 100 feet?
                 Tomorrow gonna be a busy day for me --- Test Pilot , Video Director and commentator loll
                I don't recommend anybody do what I'm doing -- unless they don't mind maybe sacrificing the Mavic to the God's of Knowledge

I dunno man, If you really want to risk it However, I wouldn't push it.

There is a guy that does all sorts of crazy mavic tricks - and I really don't think he likes his mavic.
2017-4-27
Use props
Ivan Ionov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239521 ft
Russia

Thank you for this test!

I want to say, Mavic here knows that both compasses are wrong (very big magnetic amplitude), so it switches mode to Opti (like the flight inside house) or Atti.

Much worse case would be, when both compasses have close to normal magnetic amplitude (and controller don't show compass error) but wrong direction (for example south instead of north). Then you will have uncontrolled flight, I think. To simulate this case you can play with smaller and weaker magnet, watching the compass bars (green -yellow - red) and mavic orientation on a map.
2017-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job SkunkWerks, just a heads up if your going to try it at some height and you have care refresh and it goes wrong, don't post the video here,
You are a real 20th century Maverick.
Good luck...
2017-4-28
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-28 01:58
Good job SkunkWerks, just a heads up if your going to try it at some height and you have care refresh and it goes wrong, don't post the video here,
You are a real 20th century Maverick.
Good luck...

Hey Hall, I do have Care Refresh, I don't plan on using it if anything should happen during these Tests !
              I realize I am voiding all warranty's and insurance polices with DJI when or IF I crash my Mavic !
              Now if a Eagle were to swoop down -- out of the woods and take's out my props of my Mavic
              causing it to drop out of the sky will be a different story it would be all on video -- Eagles are
              really my only cause of concern, Those Dam Eagles are ruthless an hate the Mavic w/passion.   
              I do suffer from an illness, it's called Acute Extreme Honesty Sickness -- I've had it all my life and
              don't see the Mavic as a relief or cure lollll
              I want all members an DJI to know that my Testing is not being done in a reckless manner .
              The Testing is being done in a Real Flying Safe Enclosed Environment as I can get with one
              exception ---- Those Dam Eagles !!!! -- The only next step for a 100% Safe Enclosed
              Environment would be the Mavic in a cage - You should Never put something Wild in a cage,
              You can cause more damage to it .
              I like to let DJI along with DJI Ken , Mindy , Thor , Joe and all other DJI Moderators and      
              Employees, that they can use any video / post that I make Against Me, if I try to make a claim!   
              I will continue to fly , post and make video's to show the Do's and Don'ts of the Mavic's full      
              capabilities !!! I am not doing this in a Malicious Act against DJI , I have nothing against them
              I am 110% Satisfied With The Mavic and it's System, I just want to Learn more !!!  
                      So far I taped a magnet, a Pretty Big and Strong one to the back of my Mavic , created
               a Magnet Interference and Compass Error with Opti and Atti mode intermitting and by doing so
               flew it with full Manual control now some members are saying nothing happen because I was   
               still close to the ground -- I have some News for you guy's , it's not going to matter as long as I  
               Don't use any autonomous mode including RTH and stay in Manual control, VLOS, setup with a
               Good IMU calibration along with Good Tx and Rx  signal --The way the Mavic should be setup!!
                                         I'm willing to Prove it and will !!!!
Please don't request me to do stupid ridiculous things with my Mavic because I'm not going to Destroy
               it for your entertainment -- I Do Love My Mavic !!!!
FlySafe-FlyFree

to my Mavic   
2017-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-28 04:38
Hey Hall, I do have Care Refresh, I don't plan on using it if anything should happen during these Tests !
              I realize I am voiding all warranty's and insurance polices with DJI when or IF I crash my Mavic !
              Now if a Eagle were to swoop down -- out of the woods and take's out my props of my Mavic

Good for you, I'm looking forward to your next one and learning something. Go for it...
2017-4-28
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You crazy bestard Looking forward to the test, I hope it drops into atti after loses opti.
2017-4-28
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Cant you just disable the OA sensors in the app and test rather than flying it up up and away ?

Informative video, cheers.

2017-4-28
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-4-28 11:10
Cant you just disable the OA sensors in the app and test rather than flying it up up and away ?

Informative video, cheers.

Hey Danny,  Yes I am aware I could have disabled the OA sensors , doing so would have sort of defeated
                   the purpose of this test . I did the test to show that when in Manual Flight mode -(When the
                   pilot is  manipulating the controller Sticks to fly)- that a Compass Error or Magnetic
                   Interference to the Mavic aircraft would not cause a loss of control , I consider OA, VPS
                   and ultrasonic sensors to be a subsystem and that there operations also have no adverse
                   effect Piloting the Mavic in Manual Mode eliminate the opinions / questioning of people saying
                   the Error didn't effect his Mavic because he disabled all the sensors.  I sort of accomplished
                   this , the only opinions / questioning objecting possibility's to the test were, I was flying too
                   close to the ground with the sensors activated even when they weren't !  When I do a test
                   video I want to have the Mavic in it's normal state for that Flight Mode, the same way we fly  
                   everyday without altering any settings !! Please keep in mind this test was Magnetic
                   Interference to the Mavic Aircraft, The next video I do is going to be on  Magnetic
                   Interference to the Tx Remote Controller which is a whole different ball of wax !!!!!
                   Thanks for your input and the heads up !!!
FlySafe-FlyFree

2017-4-29
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Great this is excellent. You should Shar either with BudWalker as we were talking on the other post about the crash. Maybe we could have the .DAT file as a reference for future investigations when people asks.

Great job!!

2017-4-29
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-4-29 05:59
Great this is excellent. You should Shar either with BudWalker as we were talking on the other post about the crash. Maybe we could have the .DAT file as a reference for future investigations when people asks.

Great job!!

AACY , I would not mind that --- I did reply to one of BudWalkers posts the about the way he analyzed this op's issue --- When Bud explained he was explaining as if the op's Mavic was in an Intelligent mode to ware the Mavic heading follows the Compass this was not the case with this issue the op was in Manual flight mode.
When Mavic is in Manual flight === The Compass follows the Mavic's heading
When in Intelligent flight ======  The Mavic's heading follows the Compass
I would love to see the actual outcome and explanation of this op's particular issue !!!
I didn't mean anything bad about it when I pointed this out to him ( maybe it was just a type-O or misunderstanding ) but I think he took my post as an insult to him --- which I did not intend it to be
I know he analyzes many .Dat files and is good at it -- it's easy to forget or remember certain
information, it is a lot to take in !!
If you do talk to him can you please explain that my intentions were not to insult ???
Thank's AACY     
2017-4-29
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-29 06:25
AACY , I would not mind that --- I did reply to one of BudWalkers posts the about the way he analyzed this op's issue --- When Bud explained he was explaining as if the op's Mavic was in an Intelligent mode to ware the Mavic heading follows the Compass this was not the case with this issue the op was in Manual flight mode.

Regarding that specific issue, BudWalker was explaining to me that the MAVIC follows a different protocol from the one expected as an RC flyer. The AC when detects a discrepancy from the magnetic Yaw from the actual Yaw, starts moving until it matches both Yaws. I personally would expect the AC to instead of doing this to just stay still and enter into Axis Lock (ATTI), this was the case for the P3. The issue comes when the differential between both Mag Yaw and actual Heading is too great where the AC can start moving a bit to rapid. This is from my understanding of Bud's explanation. And also the reason why I am asking to maybe share the .DAT file so we can give it to him and use it as a reference.  

Sure, I will post him for him to see this thread. I do believe we are all here to help and improve the community.

Have a great day!
2017-4-29
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-29 06:25

The reason I didn't respond to your post is that I didn't understand the post. You had re-stated my analysis in terms that I had never seen. And then made conclusions in those terms. What is meant by the following terms; Manual, Intelligent, and Autonomous.
I think your experiment is great. I often do experiments with my Mavic and P3 to help determine the structure and contents of the .DAT file. But, your experiment differs from odradek's incident in one crucial aspect. The magnetic interference was introduced after batteyOn. Odradek's incident happened because the magnetic interference existed before batteryOn. The Flight Controller sets the Yaw value from the compass (magnetometers) shortly after batteryOn. After that Yaw is determined mostly by the IMU (gyros and accelerometers) and only a little by the compass. So, in your experiment Yaw had been set correctly and would not have been compromised by the mag interference. If you can provide the .DAT we could check this. Look here  http://www.datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3.html to see how to retrieve the .DAT.
2017-4-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It's also not necessary to bother with a magnet: a truck bed or the roof of any vehicle would probably do the trick, but as Budwalker mentioned you'd need to place the Mavic there before powering on. Or you can just place the Mavic on concrete reinforced with rebar, at least if you get the Mavic close enough to the embedded steel. In my experience some locations on concrete are fine, while others just a short distance away will cause a problem.
2017-4-30
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

BudWalker Posted at 2017-4-30 03:35
The reason I didn't respond to your post is that I didn't understand the post. You had re-stated my analysis in terms that I had never seen. And then made conclusions in those terms. What is meant by the following terms; Manual, Intelligent, and Autonomous.
I think your experiment is great. I often do experiments with my Mavic and P3 to help determine the structure and contents of the .DAT file. But, your experiment differs from odradek's incident in one crucial aspect. The magnetic interference was introduced after batteyOn. Odradek's incident happened because the magnetic interference existed before batteryOn. The Flight Controller sets the Yaw value from the compass (magnetometers) shortly after batteryOn. After that Yaw is determined mostly by the IMU (gyros and accelerometers) and only a little by the compass. So, in your experiment Yaw had been set correctly and would not have been compromised by the mag interference. If you can provide the .DAT we could check this. Look here  http://www.datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3.html to see how to retrieve the .DAT.

Hi Bud ,    I understand now our differences of opinion and misunderstanding of each other -- My test
               was never meant to be compared to odradek's issue , my test was to show that when the Mavic
               is in manual control Flight the way we normally start off, GPS lock , home point set with no
               warnings in Manual flight mode -- Then when flying around unexpectantly get compass error
               along with loss of GPS causing ( out of control ) unresponsive control stick commands that
               caused the AC to crash, my test proved opposite of that claim -- some say now that I did not
               experience loss of control because I was not flying high enough, which I'm going to also prove
               untrue.
Our difference of opinion is with Manual, Intelligent and Autonomous , I am under the impression that
                when the Mavic is in Manual flight mode the GPS and the Compass don't matter and are
                used for the Go4 app Telemetry Information , I do agree that the Flight Controller sets
                it's values from the IMU , our opinions differ here -- I believe all the Flight control values are
                set from the IMU for Manual mode control Flight.
Intelligent mode to me is the Brain of the system that constantly monitors the state ( values ) of
                the Mavic in real time giving you information from all sensors ( Telemetry ) and you giving it
                information to the Mavic to perform what you want it to do.
Autonomous mode is when you want the Mavic to perform with a set of Values that are taken  
                in real time from all sensors , IMU, Compass, GPS an so it an perform it's autonomous
                features.
What you explained about the at startup is what I'm very interested in-->The Sequence Of Operation
                 What you explained does makes sense on powerup and You have me thinking a lot more
                 now about how, when and where the Flight Values for Standard Manual Flight mode come from ?  --- Hey Bud I never meant for my reply to your post as an insult , if you did take it that way
                I apologize --- I'm sure we will be talking more about ongoing issues and operations of the Mavic in the future and I look forward to them with people that are interested more then just charge
the batteries and Fly lololll
FlySafe-FlyFree

2017-5-1
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-30 03:56
It's also not necessary to bother with a magnet: a truck bed or the roof of any vehicle would probably do the trick, but as Budwalker mentioned you'd need to place the Mavic there before powering on. Or you can just place the Mavic on concrete reinforced with rebar, at least if you get the Mavic close enough to the embedded steel. In my experience some locations on concrete are fine, while others just a short distance away will cause a problem.

DroneFlying ,   I do think a magnet is overkill but I find it necessary to do this test --- No one can say
                      The magnetic interference was not strong enough to cause a loss of control in the
                      test .

FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-5-1
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-1 05:39
DroneFlying ,   I do think a magnet is overkill but I find it necessary to do this test --- No one can say
                      The magnetic interference was not strong enough to cause a loss of control in the
                      test .

I didn't say that the magnet wasn't strong enough. I was under the impression that you intended to reproduce the behavior that was discussed in this thread, in which case a magnet isn't necessary. If that wasn't what you had in mind then I guess I don't really understand what the intent of your experiment was.
2017-5-1
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-1 05:48
I didn't say that the magnet was overkill or that it wasn't strong enough. I was under the impression that you intended to reproduce the behavior that was discussed in this thread, in which case a magnet isn't necessary. If that wasn't what you had in mind then I guess I don't really understand what the intent of your experiment was.

DroneFlying ,  I know you didn't say it was overkill , I did --- My reason for the test was not necessarily
                      done because of that thread --- When I was reading in the passed there were some posts
                      claiming if you experienced compass error you also have no stick control accompanying it
                      I said to myself no way this can happen and let it go, then I believe it was said in this thread
                      by a poster that this is a possibility of what happen ---- It struck me to put my thoughts to
                      rest and at the same time let others know this is not true by doing a test --- I think it was
                      a success the way I performed and explained it //// You and BudWalker  pointed
                      out that it is possible if you have compass error or magnetic interference B4 powering up
                      which has me thinking more about it again.
The difference of our opinions I believe is where, how and when the Flight values are applied to
                      the Flight Guidance system for normal manual controlled flight, if values are taken from   
                      components as soon as you powerup This can cause issues as explained to me.
I believe all the normal manual controlled flight values come from the IMU memory that is set after
                       doing the calibration --- either way I want to find out it keeps me busy .
You know what they say ???---- An Idle mind is the devils play ground ---- loolllllll

2017-5-1
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-1 05:34
Hi Bud ,    I understand now our differences of opinion and misunderstanding of each other -- My test
               was never meant to be compared to odradek's issue , my test was to show that when the Mavic
               is in manual control Flight the way we normally start off, GPS lock , home point set with no

For what it's worth, the terms you're using aren't the ones commonly used, which I think is why there's been some misunderstanding.

The Mavic doesn't really have a "Manual" mode as you've described it. In other drones or quads, manual mode would mean that the aircraft does not perform any corrections at all. You really have to control every aspect of flight. The aircraft doesn't even keep itself level without your help.

What you described as Manual mode sounds more like ATTI mode to me. As you said, "GPS and Compass don't matter and are used for the Go4 app Telemetry Information." So you're right, the Flight Controller isn't playing a part in terms of the direction of flight, but it does still use the IMU to try to keep the Mavic level. It will continuously apply adjustments to the motors to try to maintain level flight. That's why most people still wouldn't consider this "manual" mode, even though it is more manual than the normal P-GPS mode.

What you describe as "Intelligent" mode sounds like the normal P-GPS mode. I think it's confusing to use the phrase "Intelligent Mode" because the Mavic does have "Intelligent Flight Modes," which I guess are the autonomous modes you refer to.

Hope that helps :-)

And BTW, I'm hoping you will do another test following what BudWalker said about the startup sequence. What he says about certain IMU values being set at startup does make sense, so it's quite possible your result will be different if you re-run the test. I would say there's a greater chance the Mavic will misbehave this time, so do take precautions if you decide to try it out :-)
2017-5-1
Use props
fans649ac432
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1490 ft
Brazil

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-27 17:38

Thank fot video, very nice
2017-5-1
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-5-1 08:08
For what it's worth, the terms you're using aren't the ones commonly used, which I think is why there's been some misunderstanding.

The Mavic doesn't really have a "Manual" mode as you've described it. In other drones or quads, manual mode would mean that the aircraft does not perform any corrections at all. You really have to control every aspect of flight. The aircraft doesn't even keep itself level without your help.

Jason , Thank you --- your clarification of my post is 100% what I was trying to say --- I took it for granted
                                that we all know there is a bare minimum amount of electronic input values to
                                mantane stable flight and I was calling it Manual mode -- This is where BudWalker
                                and I differ in opinions Bud explained that some flight control values are applied
                                after the Mavic is powered up along with stored values from the IMU to maintain
                                stable flight.
I believe that all the flight control values to maintain stable flight come from stored values from the IMU.
                                 Where we differ in opinion can mean a loss of control with little or no control stick
                                 inputs along with all the warnings. I believe the Mavic will remain in control , have
                                 full control with stick inputs while still getting all the warnings.
Using the word Intelligent is confusing and the way I used it was meaning Gesture, Tripod, RTH .......
                                  and Fully Autonomous mode as running a waypoint mission.
                                  I do need to correct my terminology to align with others and DJI's terminology
Thank again for correcting me so others can understand more clearly -- feel free to do it any time
             I am going to do more testing and this is on my list --- I'll keep you all informed and post
             video's of my tests and findings even if I crash --- people seem to like crash videos more  
             then informational one's !!!!! lolllllll
FlySafe-FlyFree

2017-5-2
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-2 05:30
Jason , Thank you --- your clarification of my post is 100% what I was trying to say --- I took it for granted
                                mantane stable flight and I was calling it Manual mode -- This is where BudWalker

I'll keep you all informed and post video's of my tests and findings even if I crash

Hopefully it won't come to that, but thanks for your willingness to "take one for the team". As Budwalker's analysis -- and my own personal (but accidental) experience suggests -- it is possible to regain control after a takeoff with magnetic interference. The key is just to make sure that you're in an open area and have enough altitude not to crash first. It's an interesting experience that I suspect is probably very similar or identical to what many people encountered with the Mavic's previously-common BATTI mode.
2017-5-2
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-2 05:30

"Thank again for correcting me so others can understand more clearly"

I'm glad you understand my motivation is only to try and help :-)

"I'll keep you all informed and video's of my tests and findings even if I crash --- people seem to like crash videos then informational one's !!!!! lolllllll"

Haha. Yeah, but testing and experimenting with stuff is always fun :-)
2017-5-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules