Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fraud Diagnosics from DJI Repair
6047 18 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3f6b00e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1454911 ft
United States

I recently sent in my Phantom 3 Professional to DJI to seek having my shell replaced due to several cracks appearing underneath two of the motors in the lower shell of the drone. I clearly stated that in my case submission to DJI. Other than those cracks the drone was in perfect working order, and infact I had just finished a flight, and was in the process of exchangeing the battery to continue with another flight when I noticed the cracks. Keep in mind, this drone has never crashed either.
Doing some research on DJI formus, I found many discussion from other Phantom 3 Owners that their drones were developing these same cracks in the shell. I decided to send DJI a repair request and a case id was assigned to me. I explained in my Repair request that I only needed to have the shell replaced and I was hoping that they would cover the cost of the repair or to get a quote to replace my shell. Up to this point DJI was very responsive and sent me an pre-paid shipping label via email. So far so good! I shipped the drone, it arrived 3 days later via UPS in the morning. By the following Monday night, it still wasn't showing as being received in on DJI's website. I place a comment out on someone elses form and I recieved a comment from DJI and they said they would send a follow up to receiving. To my surprise, based on all of the comments I have read about DJI's poor customer service, I was shocked when I received a call from DJI tellling me they indeed had received my drone and would be conducting a repair analsys within a few days and they would pay for 2 days shippping, noting that I lived in Oregon. DJI was still doing great on customer service from my point of view.

Then today I received an email from DJI's repair service with a quote letting me know the cost to replace the shell. Well that is what I thought I would see, but to my dismay, the quote was to replace the Phantom 3 Main Controller Board Module (2312A) V21 at a cost of $96.00. In addition they quoted a replacement for Phantom 3 Lower Cover Module at $8.00. Repair service fee of $130.00 (2 hrs @ $65.00/hr.) and then $13.00 freight. The repair was for a total of $247.00.

Now how do we get from only requesting to have my shell replaced to the above quote? Fraud? I don't know. It's anyones guess at this time! Perhaps, they have my drone confused with someone else's. If that's the case, then I am also concerned regarding if I would receive my correct drone coming back to me. I sure hope that I can get some answers regarding this.

Just in case DJI is monitoring, my case number is CAS-575665-H2J8X5. I hope to have this issue cleared up quickly as I am not paying for something which wasn't required. Again, with the exception of the cracks in the shell under 2 motors, this drone was working perfectly.

DJI Invoice.PNG
2017-4-27
Use props
fans55ae5496
Captain

United States

Welcome to the wonderful world of DJI!
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We checked the case, sorry to tell you that it's out of warranty period, it will not be covered by warranty.
Since you mention the drone performs perfect, the only problem is the cracks in the shell under 2 motors, I have forwarded your concern to the local repair team, will look into it again and contact you for an update. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-4-27
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2969 ft
United States

So how do you know it's fraud?  I fixed my broken shell and gimble arm myself, but then my mainboard pooped out and I couldn't figure it out so I found an awesome dji authorized repair facility who in a matter of minutes diagnosed my problem and fixed it, but they also took the shell apart to check everything inside and make sure I didn't have any potential problems down the road, maybe your controller main board tested bad and they did you a favor?
2017-4-29
Use props
fans3f6b00e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1454911 ft
United States

It was working perfectly on my last flight prior to seeing the cracks.
2017-4-30
Use props
tvl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

fans3f6b00e8 Posted at 2017-4-30 09:01
It was working perfectly on my last flight prior to seeing the cracks.

I honestly don't think this is a case of fraud, BUT I have read of a few instances where DJI seems to have "dropped the ball" in their diagnostic & repair process. This is bothersome, especially when it is YOUR craft that has been accidentally misplaced OR swapped with someone else's. Hopefully, you will have YOUR craft returned and not a replacement.

As a matter of fact, I believe you will be better off having the craft returned and replace the cover yourself .................. that is if you feel comfortable doing so. Just my 2 cents!
2017-4-30
Use props
fans5865b1d1
New

United States

omg.. they try to pull the same ......  i crashed my drone.. and landing gear was cracked so i sent it in...  with contorller was beeping .. they sent me invoice saying they need ot repair main board on the controller...  BS.. i forgot to charge the unit.. .. now they are sayihng it doens charnge and they already fixed them with out getting paid...  what BS.. becarful of these crooks...
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans5865b1d1 Posted at 12-20 04:13
omg.. they try to pull the same ......  i crashed my drone.. and landing gear was cracked so i sent it in...  with contorller was beeping .. they sent me invoice saying they need ot repair main board on the controller...  BS.. i forgot to charge the unit.. .. now they are sayihng it doens charnge and they already fixed them with out getting paid...  what BS.. becarful of these crooks...

Hello there, sorry for the crash accident, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, upon checking the case, the RC cannot be fully charged after the evaluation and the repair will need to be paid since your RC has been out of warranty, thanks for your understanding and please let me know if you have further concern.
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_TngjPcrXylT9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124026 ft
United States

I SENT IN MY DRONE FOR A CARE REFRESH WITH THE BATTERY AND REMOTE AND DJI ONLY SENT ME BACK THE DRONE WITH NO REMOTE OR BATTERY, NOW I AM BEING TOLD THEY DID SEND IT BACK BUT I NEVER RECEIVED IT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF EXPERIENCING. ITS SUCH A SHAME THAT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT THAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO ATROCIOUS. DJI HAS STOLE FROM A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND REFUSES TO FIX TE ISSUE THEY CREATED. ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, AND THEY HAVE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER HERE.  
2019-5-23
Use props
djiuser_TngjPcrXylT9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124026 ft
United States

fans55ae5496 Posted at 2017-4-27 21:38
Welcome to the wonderful world of DJI!

I SENT IN MY DRONE FOR A CARE REFRESH WITH THE BATTERY AND REMOTE AND DJI ONLY SENT ME BACK THE DRONE WITH NO REMOTE OR BATTERY, NOW I AM BEING TOLD THEY DID SEND IT BACK BUT I NEVER RECEIVED IT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF EXPERIENCING. ITS SUCH A SHAME THAT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT THAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO ATROCIOUS. DJI HAS STOLE FROM A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND REFUSES TO FIX TE ISSUE THEY CREATED. ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, AND THEY HAVE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER HERE.  
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_TngjPcrXylT9 Posted at 5-23 13:29
I SENT IN MY DRONE FOR A CARE REFRESH WITH THE BATTERY AND REMOTE AND DJI ONLY SENT ME BACK THE DRONE WITH NO REMOTE OR BATTERY, NOW I AM BEING TOLD THEY DID SEND IT BACK BUT I NEVER RECEIVED IT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SOME OF THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF EXPERIENCING. ITS SUCH A SHAME THAT WITH SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT THAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO ATROCIOUS. DJI HAS STOLE FROM A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND REFUSES TO FIX TE ISSUE THEY CREATED. ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, AND THEY HAVE LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER HERE.

Sir, we've read your post and Diana has responded to you as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-190017-1-1.html please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2019-5-24
Use props
bluebadge
New

United States

I crashed my drone a couple of months ago and fractured 1 drone leg. I splinted it taped it up really good and continued to fly it. I worked perfectly. No issues AT ALL! I was meaning to send it in and get it fixed but finding the time to fart around with it was difficult, I finally last week contacted DJI Support (I have DJI Care Refresh) and scheduled for it to go in to be repaired under DJI Refresh. After a few days it was received and I received this from Ken at DJI Support...

"...This is Ken from the Technical Support team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis. According to the analysis, no user-described abnormality was found after checking all the available flight controller data and flight record. We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges. Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Best regards, Ken DJI Technical Support"
What the heck? really? First off I never sent them the flight controller, just the Mavic Pro 2 and second I felt that they were calling me a liar! The leg was frickin hanging off! I guess they only looked at recent flight data...  now here's the biggie, a couple of days later I received a DJI Service Quotation and guess what they said... they wanted to charge me for 3 (yes 3) new legs, a Upper Cover module, a repair service fee totaling $145 oh and they added a $43.50 discount to make it look like they were doing me a favor! Total repair cost was showing as $101.50.

Realistically what I beleive is going on here was this. They didn't want to repair the item and send it back to me for $86, they figured if they add some extra stuff into the quote and make the price close enough to the DJI Care Refresh deductible, I will just go ahead and opt to pay the $119 deductible to get a refurbed unit. They in turn will repair my drone in house for $21 (it's a 15 minute procedure to de-solder and re-solder a leg on one of these things, and give it to the next person who pays the $119 deductible or charge even more to someone who doesn't have DJI Care Refresh. It is all super suspect and very shady. I will be forwarding my concerns to the Better Business Bureau so they can look into it for what it's worth.

So I did question them about why I needed 3 legs and a cover amongst other things as I knew for 100% fact that only one leg was broke. This was my email...

"Ok, Ken,
I have some questions for you, when I sent my drone in for repair the only thing that was wrong with it was one broken leg, I forget which one. But I know only 1 leg was damaged as the drone flew perfectly after I crashed it (as you will see from the flight data), admittedly it's broken leg was splinted with tape and lolly pop sticks (until I mailed it to you lol) all 4 motors worked perfectly so i'm trying to figure out why i'm being quoted to repair 2 legs instead of just the broken one?

Also on my estimate i'm showing a discount? as much as I appreciate it i was wondering why I was receiving this?

The last question is... at the bottom of the estimate it shows I can either pay the $101.50 for the repair or

If you want to replace your product for
$ 119.00

with DJI Care Refresh , Please click "Use Care Refresh" to apply.

So what's the difference other than one saves me money? and why would I want to use the DJI Care refresh program to fix the drone instead?

Does the $101.50 include shipping back to me? or is that extra?

Sorry a couple of questions turned into a few questions. If you can get back to me as soon as you can so I can go ahead and authorize the repair. I truly appreciate you looking into my case it has been a pretty good customer experience thus far.

Sincerely

Richard"

I got this response...

"Hi Richard, Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. For your first question regarding the repair and the parts quoted on the invoice:

The issues noted on the invoice are correct and must be replaced in order for the repairs to meet factory specs and QA approval, For the second question regarding the DJI care refresh: If you will use the DJI care refresh it is for replacement, we will not repair the unit anymore and go to replacement directly.

Thanks a lot for choosing DJI! Our goal is to provide you the best customer service you only deserve.

Best regards,
Banjoe"

There was no note as to what the discount was for? weird, all very weird.. and dodgy as all get out!

2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bluebadge Posted at 8-15 10:56
I crashed my drone a couple of months ago and fractured 1 drone leg. I splinted it taped it up really good and continued to fly it. I worked perfectly. No issues AT ALL! I was meaning to send it in and get it fixed but finding the time to fart around with it was difficult, I finally last week contacted DJI Support (I have DJI Care Refresh) and scheduled for it to go in to be repaired under DJI Refresh. After a few days it was received and I received this from Ken at DJI Support...

"...This is Ken from the Technical Support team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis. According to the analysis, no user-described abnormality was found after checking all the available flight controller data and flight record. We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges. Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Best regards, Ken DJI Technical Support"

Hi bluebadge, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the damage assessment was based on the drone's status when we received it. The front motor arms and back right motor arm were damaged when it arrives in the facility.
The evaluation showed there was crash damage, hence, we retrieved the flight controller data from the aircraft but no crash was found after checking all the available data and flight records, since the drone has physical damages, it is a paid service. Appreciate your understanding.
2019-8-16
Use props
Wild Again 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16142 ft

I’m about to begin litigation next week for warranty fraud regarding a new I2 and X5s. The fine in Canada for first offence is $10 000 000.

I’d just taken off in my driveway, made a few small menouvers, then drone didn’t stop... flew right past me and slammed into m6 house causing damage to house and drone. The flight was 12 seconds long.

Flight log shows joystick didn’t return to park, got stuck at 21% and stayed there. DJI wouldn’t know that though, they won’t look at the flight log as they don’t do warranty work on drones that have care refresh.

So I’m suing DJI, for a brand new drone X5s and house repairs among other things I won’t mention. I’m suing them for refusing to do warranty work. Wanna help? If I win DJI gets a $10 million dollar fine and we get justice. I just read their employee fraud statement. Strangely enough the DJI store where I live can’t do warranty or refresh work even though they are big and have 5 technicians. But they tested my X5s and said it was fine, then they shipped it to Texas where the work can be done. Texas didn’t know the other place tested that camera, they issued me a $315 bill for repairs. The entire bill was $700, said keep the drone see you in court.
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wild Again 8 Posted at 10-2 18:08
I’m about to begin litigation next week for warranty fraud regarding a new I2 and X5s. The fine in Canada for first offence is $10 000 000.

I’d just taken off in my driveway, made a few small menouvers, then drone didn’t stop... flew right past me and slammed into m6 house causing damage to house and drone. The flight was 12 seconds long.

We apologize for the crash accident, was your drone still under warranty period? May we have the case number (CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx) so that we can check more details and escalate? Thank you in advance.
2019-10-2
Use props
Wild Again 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16142 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-2 18:40
We apologize for the crash accident, was your drone still under warranty period? May we have the case number (CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx) so that we can check more details and escalate? Thank you in advance.

Cas 3496645 r8l2v2

I’m not even sure if DJI can make this right this has gone on for too long and sending me a brand new drone for free will no longer make me happy. Told me my crash was pilot error, didn’t even look at the flight log. That’s fraud. DJI in Canada tested my X5s camera said it was fine, drone had $700 damage, drone and camera were sent out, DJI Texas says camera is broken, want $315 to fix, that’s two frauds. Refuse to consider this might be a warranty job, fraud 3. Three counts of fraud in one $700 crash, unreal. How can you determine cause of crash if you won’t look at the flight log? They had no intention of doing warranty work on that drone that’s why this has happened. Failing to honer a warranty in Canada, first offence to a corporation is $10 million, but look for yourself don’t take my word for it. The only way I win in small claims is if DJI is guilty of a violation that comes with a giant fine. Do not underestimate my resolve, I have the means to fight back and I fully intend to.

DJI has till next wed to finish up, once the litigator takes my money we have passed the point of no return. Log clearly shows drone malfunctioned, right in front of me, so now I will no longer fly that bird without liability insurance. The I2 is a problem drone DJI can’t fux, that is why there are so many refurbished units laying around, it’s junk. I’d rather have my money back, but that’s not possible.

Novice pilots don’t buy I2, why are so many used ones around? Why do they crash so much? Why does DJI revert to insurance by default on drones still converted by warranty, that policy is illegal in Canada. You people just drug me through a 3 months repair process, didn’t look at the flight log, gave me a bill, and sent me a used I2 to fly not knowing why the first one crashed. How do I loose in small claims court, and loosing to me will get you a $10 million dollar fine because I’m Canadian. Needless to say, I inspected the drone that was sent, left the dealer without it, I was promised a brand new drone. And at this point sending me a brand new drone will not make me happy because this went in for too long and I know I’ve got ya in court. I don’t want a new drone lady, I now want justice.
2019-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wild Again 8 Posted at 10-3 02:46
Cas 3496645 r8l2v2

I’m not even sure if DJI can make this right this has gone on for too long and sending me a brand new drone for free will no longer make me happy. Told me my crash was pilot error, didn’t even look at the flight log. That’s fraud. DJI in Canada tested my X5s camera said it was fine, drone had $700 damage, drone and camera were sent out, DJI Texas says camera is broken, want $315 to fix, that’s two frauds. Refuse to consider this might be a warranty job, fraud 3. Three counts of fraud in one $700 crash, unreal. How can you determine cause of crash if you won’t look at the flight log? They had no intention of doing warranty work on that drone that’s why this has happened. Failing to honer a warranty in Canada, first offence to a corporation is $10 million, but look for yourself don’t take my word for it. The only way I win in small claims is if DJI is guilty of a violation that comes with a giant fine. Do not underestimate my resolve, I have the means to fight back and I fully intend to.

Is CAS-3221709-W8G8N9 the original repair case number? Was it registered by your dealer or yourself? Upon checking the case, the case description clearly shows 'The drone crashed by the pilot reason', that is why no data analysis was applied and no warranty because you admitted the fault.
Your case was escalated to the higher-level team at the beginning of September, our supervisor has contacted several times but only reached the voicemail.
If the case was not registered by you, please provide us your own contact number, we will inform to follow up again and contact you to make it clear, thank you.
2019-10-3
Use props
djiuser_QlA0b4OAjUxn
New

United States

Can someone check into this like I don't even use norton unbelievable
2022-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_QlA0b4OAjUxn Posted at 4-28 12:57
Can someone check into this like I don't even use norton unbelievable

Hi, there. Could you describe your issue in more detail? We'd like to help you.
2022-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules