Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Day One Issues
3123 30 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansce14ae0e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4944 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Folks,
I'm just after some advice for help dealing with support.
I received my brand-new Mavic Pro (Fly More Bundle) directly from DJI on 04/04/2017. Straight out the box I had problems with the gimble displaying an error saying, "Gimbal overloaded" a couple of reboots later I worked it's self out and i configured it and took it out for a spin. As I was brining my Mavic in for the night I landed it my back garden to be presented with the Gimbal Overload error again, but this time reboots didn't work.
I logged in incident with DJI support as soon as i got home on 04/04 and this is where my headache started.
Over a week passed and i was getting little feedback/progress on my from the email support and each time i called they just told me to email. I eventually received a call from DJI on 13/04 (before public holiday) apologising for the lack of contact and progress to date. She was very helpful and sent me an RMA and pre paid packing slip for UPS. It wasn't entirely clear what i was supposed to send off as the email was in broken English. Because of my experience with email support and phone up to this time, and because it was a public holiday, i decided to speak to someone on live chat to clarify, and they confirmed to send the device and battery.
I sent the Mavic with battery back on 18/04 in a box, wrapped the device in a static proof bag, and surrounded it with air cushion packaging and away it went to DJI in the Netherlands. A few day later DJI acknowledged the issue, and said they was going to send a replacement.

I received the replacement 25/04, the device was packaged poorly considering it's a £1,099 device. It was wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap with some packing tape, right then i knew i was in for trouble. There was no protection for the drone and i had cracks to the propellers and camera dome, and was also missing a battery. I've not turned the device on or registered it as I’m reluctant because of the state I’ve received it in.

I emailed DJI support right away with pictures and 48 hours later I still haven’t heard a thing from them. I've tried calling and tweeting them but each time I get the same generic message saying they're escalating the request.
Between receiving the Mavic until today it's been 3.3 weeks which i think it's appalling for something I’ve spent £1,359.00 and an additional £99 for DJI Care. I completely understand there can be issues with manufacturing but what I can't understand is the complete lack of customer service skills or ownership shown when a problem develops.
The money I’ve spent is a huge amount of money for me and i had to save for a long time, i was planning on using this for some potential business opportunities and also my sister’s wedding, but baring a miracle I’m struggling to see when I’ll have a complete brand new device i expected.
If anyone has any tips for help I’d really apricate it.
Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Cheers
Tom Farmer

2017-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Tom
Scandalous that's all I can say I think you have been treated very badly here, never mind the constant trying to contact service, everyone seems to get that treatment it's almost par for the course where Mavic is concerned.
But to send you a replacement in the condition you describe minus the battery, they are really having a laugh now.
I would insist that they replace your Mavic with a brand new in the box Mavic , it's the very least they can do for you.
The biggest disaster for you is having to wait particularly when you had arrangements to do some filming and now probably can't through no fault of your own.
I would try to contact a moderator here and see if they can do something to escalate your case, they have done this for others, I would also post the photographs here on the forum to let everyone see the way they treated you.

Good luck
2017-4-28
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-28 03:49
Hi Tom
Scandalous that's all I can say I think you have been treated very badly here, never mind the constant trying to contact service, everyone seems to get that treatment it's almost par for the course where Mavic is concerned.
But to send you a replacement in the condition you describe minus the battery, they are really having a laugh now.

Thanks ever so much for your advice @Hallmark007, i was starting to go crazy thinking it was my fault. I'll see if i can find a moderator or admin to help.

Cheers
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tom, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused.
For support issue, I've reported it to the management, will keep training and improving to provide you more professional service, sorry for your unpleasant experience.
For Mavic issue, I just replied your message, please provide me your case number, I will escalate it with the local repair team and have someone to contact you for more information.
We'll try our best to help you get it addressed.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update, I managed to track your case number with the e-mail address you use for forum.
I've forwarded your case to the local designated department, they will look into it soon and contact you for an update.
For any other questions, please feel free to let me know, thanks.
2017-4-28
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-28 04:23
Tom, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused.
For support issue, I've reported it to the management, will keep training and improving to provide you more professional service, sorry for your unpleasant experience.
For Mavic issue, I just replied your message, please provide me your case number, I will escalate it with the local repair team and have someone to contact you for more information.

Natalie i really appreciate your response.

I've received an all manner of reference number since i've raised this, i'll give you what i've received:

https://dji.zendesk.com/hc/requests/508723
https://dji.zendesk.com/hc/requests/489132
Case number: CAS-573173-Y0K3Q9

Please let me know what you can do as soon as possible please, i really need a quick resolution to this once and for all.

Thanks
2017-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-28 04:41
Update, I managed to track your case number with the e-mail address you use for forum.
I've forwarded your case to the local designated department, they will look into it soon and contact you for an update.
For any other questions, please feel free to let me know, thanks.

Good job Natalia, you get my vote for a pay rise and promotion.
2017-4-28
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Thankfully this matter is being taken care off.

Am i the only one who is truelly amazed by this?
Suppose you work for DJI,...let's say in Barendrecht, The Netherlands.
You receive this broken drone,...your job is to fix it.
Then somewhere down the line somebody in that facility decides to return this £1,099 drone to the UK.
"Wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap with some packing tape, with no protection for the drone, cracks to the propellers and camera dome."

That is really totally unexceptable.

If it's a repair facility, (which i doubt but that is another story check-in, swap, check-out) do the people there have the proper packaging to return these items?
Already know the answer,...NO.
They use all kind of stuff to get items transported.
I once got propellors send to me from there, in a battery box wrapped in foam and black tape???
Guess they use everything they get there hands on.

***Marketing Alert***
How much better would the customer experience be if only they would use the proper packaging, were your repaired item is nicely repacked in fresh new boxes.

Personally i think it could be a turning point for them in improving customer satisfaction.
There is nothing more dissapointing then get gear returned in garbage packaging.

The End.
2017-4-28
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-28 11:35

I actually felt more pain for the OP in this thread then I have for any other story out there. Forget about crashing your drone. Imagine getting a broken one with no batteries lol
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tom Farmer Posted at 2017-4-28 04:43
Natalie i really appreciate your response.

I've received an all manner of reference number since i've raised this, i'll give you what i've received:

The support from local repair team sent you an e-mail, they will help you handle it soon. I'll also keep an eye on its progress, thanks for your patience!
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-28 06:54
Good job Natalia, you get my vote for a pay rise and promotion.

Thank you for your kind words, It's my pleasure if I can help them to resolve the problem soon.
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-28 11:35

Customer satisfaction is important to us, we are always working hard to improve.
Thank you very much for sharing the stories on social media, we listen to all the feedback, report that to the management and appropriate departments, we'd like to learn from the experience, and provide you better service.
2017-4-29
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

If you receive a defective product you should not have to go through a repair. You should get a brand new product. If they won't do that then by law you are entitled to a refund. I would go this route anyway just for the sake of clarity. If DJI will not offer a refund they are in breach of UK consumer law. In this instance - and for many other problems people have had with repairs etc - then contact your credit card provider. You are well protected and once they get involved a quick result is normally arrived at.
2017-4-29
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

I would like to say kudos to DJI Natalia(Ken,Mindy respectively) for escalating this issue to proper people and getting it resolved as quickly as possible.
That is the kind of customer support we wanted to experienced, considering the amount of money we have put in on this product.
GOOD JOB! I hope that this will be the turning point going forward w/ this company.
2017-4-29
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-29 04:08
I would like to say kudos to DJI Natalia(Ken,Mindy respectively) for escalating this issue to proper people and getting it resolved as quickly as possible.
That is the kind of customer support we wanted to experienced, considering the amount of money we have put in on this product.
GOOD JOB! I hope that this will be the turning point going forward w/ this company.

Aye, DJI should start training the rest of their customer support staff to be like the admins here on the forums, its a night and day difference..
2017-4-29
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Netherlands

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-29 05:49
Aye, DJI should start training the rest of their customer support staff to be like the admins here on the forums, its a night and day difference..

Maybe an even better solution.
Instead of DJI, let DJI Natalia, Ken and Mindy train there customer support staff.
Only downside, then there probably less available for us.
2017-4-29
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Could you have just returned it and got a full refund? Is that possible?

Also, is there any benefit to ordering it from B and H or Adoroma who have a 30 days - no questions asked - return policy?
2017-4-29
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I can't believe the exposure this thread has got, thanks for all your comments.

Thanks for your help Natalia, I've received a generic email to say that someone will be in touch within two business days, so with the public holiday i guess i'll not hear anything until midweek next week. So `while Natalia has been very helpful i don't consider myself out the woods just yet. I've had similar promises on Twitter (@tommy_farmer) but I've not received this generic email to date.

With the out of the box issues i was happy to persevere with receiving a replacement unit, although after my latest set back a full refund is something I've considered about unless DJI can pull it out the bag get me brand new unit and a cherry on the top (not holding my breath at the moment.
2017-4-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tom Farmer Posted at 2017-4-30 01:57
I can't believe the exposure this thread has got, thanks for all your comments.

Thanks for your help Natalia, I've received a generic email to say that someone will be in touch within two business days, so with the public holiday i guess i'll not hear anything until midweek next week. So `while Natalia has been very helpful i don't consider myself out the woods just yet. I've had similar promises on Twitter (@tommy_farmer) but I've not received this generic email to date.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help at any time.
Thank you very much for your understanding and patience!
2017-5-2
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Another weeks has passed and I'm still no clearer as to when I'll be receiving my replacement mavic. I've sent the second one back and support 'assured' me I'd have a new one in 24 hours but when I've chased support have failed to commit. It going to roll into the 5th week now and it's getting incredibly tedious
2017-5-5
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-2 04:07
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help at any time.
Thank you very much for your understanding and patience!

Natalia, i'm not getting any updates on my replacement. Can you help. I'm seriously considering contacting my credit card company to contest payment, it's getting ridiculous.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tom Farmer Posted at 2017-5-8 01:45
Natalia, i'm not getting any updates on my replacement. Can you help. I'm seriously considering contacting my credit card company to contest payment, it's getting ridiculous.

I am so sorry for your unpleasant experience, Tom.
Will try our best to help you out as soon as possible.
I just PMed you, please provide me the information needed, thanks.

2017-5-8
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-8 03:49
I am so sorry for your unpleasant experience, Tom.
Will try our best to help you out as soon as possible.
I just PMed you, please provide me the information needed, thanks.

Thanks Natalia. I was exchanging emails with a chap called Stefan. He ensured me i would have a new Mavic 24 hours within their receipt of my return. They received my return on 04/05 and I've not heard from Stefan since. I've emailed him a couple of times but not heard back.
2017-5-8
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Let me asked this not that I have issue with my drone now but looking ahead these are sub contracted repair station for DJI does DJI monitor if there is a large amount of complains to a certain station to threaten to remove there affiliation with DJI and can someone else apply  for this repair licences from DJI. Or are these repair station run by DJI Direct. In that case there is no quality control or incentive.  
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tom Farmer Posted at 2017-5-8 04:17
Thanks Natalia. I was exchanging emails with a chap called Stefan. He ensured me i would have a new Mavic 24 hours within their receipt of my return. They received my return on 04/05 and I've not heard from Stefan since. I've emailed him a couple of times but not heard back.

What is the ticket  number, please?
2017-5-8
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-8 04:37
What is the ticket  number, please?

508723 or CAS-610549-B3T1P6
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tom Farmer Posted at 2017-5-8 04:51
508723 or CAS-610549-B3T1P6

I just checked your case, it has been shipped out already. I PMed you the tracking number, hope you would receive it soon.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2017-5-9
Use props
Tom Farmer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 03:55
I just checked your case, it has been shipped out already. I PMed you the tracking number, hope you would receive it soon.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

I shortly received a email after i spoke to you, so thanks for that. Hopefully this is the end of the saga
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tom Farmer Posted at 2017-5-9 04:15
I shortly received a email after i spoke to you, so thanks for that. Hopefully this is the end of the saga

That's great, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
We appreciate your patience, hope you enjoy it!
2017-5-9
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Netherlands

Tom Farmer Posted at 2017-5-9 04:15

Good to see that your case is being solved.

Small tip,....video and photo the unboxing.
2017-5-9
Use props
DBarfield
New

United States

I am about to make the purchase of a Mavic Pro with DJI Goggles. Have the issues with the Mavic Pro been corrected, or should I skip the Mavic all together and get the Phantom 4 Pro? I really like the idea of the Mavic being so portable, but I do not want to put out the money for a headache. Please let me know your opinions.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules