Aurora-Aperture Variable ND Filter
704 0 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RgrDat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 680679 ft
United States

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these Aurora-Aperture Variable ND Filters that can be changed from 1.2 - 3.2 (4 to 11 stops) just by turning them like a dial?  Considering the price of ND filters and the pain of frequently changing them (especially when you're like me and still trying to figure out exactly what ur doing), I love the idea that all I would have to do is land, twist the dial and head back up.  If they are no good, feel free to say so.  I have not purchased anything yet, but after yesterday and as bright as the sky got, I had issues with my images getting washed out and am buying an ND Filter(s) soon.  (I do realize the 2 lenses I've listed below use different sizes - 46mm & 37mm respectively)

Any help would be appreciated.  

Also, I'll take any personal recommendations/anecdotes/advice/etc as far as what density (0.9/3-stop vs 1.8/6-stop, etc) you guys use most of the time (slightly cloudy &/or sunny conditions) for the 2 following lenses: a) the DJI 15mm kit lens & b) the Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm 1.8 lens.  (I imagine it's both, but I'm still curious)

Thanks, look forward to getting your guys' thoughts...that is all, carry on.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules