Using a iPad Mini with Mavic question
1481 8 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

I'm sure this topic has been disscussed ad nauseam but I'd like to use my iPad Mini rather than my iPhone 7 for the extra realestate. I attpemted doing this the other day and it will connect to the craft just fine but the issue that I have is it will not rotate the screen to the vertical position (yes rotation lock is turned off). Is there a work around for this or is this just the way that the DJI Go app runs and will not allow for this type of set up.

Any advise would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere.
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

There is NO WORK AROUND... It's how GO4 APP is designed, in LANDSCAPE MODE, and if youwant more realestate Landscape has more realestate???
2017-4-28
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-28 08:32
There is NO WORK AROUND... It's how GO4 APP is designed, in LANDSCAPE MODE, and if youwant more realestate Landscape has more realestate???

I agree landscape has more real estate (forgive my misspelling in the first post). But holding the controller sideways isn't really conducive to flying.

Thank you for the response though. That answered my question.  
2017-4-28
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

I use an iPad mini 4 slid into the controller like an iPhone, it is a tight fit but works well. The iPad is used in a landscape configuration. I have used the DJI GO, DJI GO 4, and DJI GS Pro apps in this configuration. The iPad mini 4 is wifi only, I tether it to my iPhone. I have not tried it in portrait mode.
2017-4-28
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

Rick A Posted at 2017-4-28 08:39
I use an iPad mini 4 slid into the controller like an iPhone, it is a tight fit but works well. The iPad is used in a landscape configuration. I have used the DJI GO, DJI GO 4, and DJI GS Pro apps in this configuration. The iPad mini 4 is wifi only, I tether it to my iPhone. I have not tried it in portrait mode.

I use a Mini also but it just didn't fit right in the controller. Mine is cellular so that's not an issue. I ended up ordering a CNC machined mount to fit the controller so I could use the Mini since most of the useful info is displayed on screen anyway.

Thanks for the responses.  
2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RearViewMirror Posted at 2017-4-28 08:51
I use a Mini also but it just didn't fit right in the controller. Mine is cellular so that's not an issue. I ended up ordering a CNC machined mount to fit the controller so I could use the Mini since most of the useful info is displayed on screen anyway.

I have a MINI4 and it fit pretty good. You need to kind open the remote flap to the extreme and then take the right side existing cable out and then slide the left corner of the MINI4 first and adjust the the left side.

I got the following holder but I only used it once because it was kind of in the way of my view.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-4-28
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

RearViewMirror Posted at 2017-4-28 08:51

Like Dronist, I use the iPad Mini 4 (in landscape) and am very happy with it. As he mentioned, you do need to remove the slider from the slot on the left side, but once you do that the Mini will definitely fit. It fits very snugly, but that's a good thing once you get it in position.
2017-4-28
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

I also use the Mini 4. It's a tight fit but no worries about it coming out. Take the left side cable and plastic piece out. Use the USB port on the bottom of the controller to connect the Mini 4. Once installed this way it turns to landscape.
2017-4-28
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

Thank you everyone for the replies.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules