Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Distortion - Purple lines
1471 7 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaacca7dc
New
Flight distance : 417 ft
South Africa

Hi,

I bought the Phantom 4 about 2 weeks ago. From the beginning I have had  the issue of purple lines and distortion on the video on the phone (both  in recording and viewing) - using Samsung S7 Edge. Thought it was due  to the video sent to the phone but then when I pull the video to create a  video clip the distortion is still there. Bloody irritating as cannot  use most of the footage.

See images below:

Screenshot_20170428-162422.jpg
Screenshot_20170428-162440.jpg
Screenshot_20170428-162508.jpg
Screenshot_20170428-162552.jpg
Screenshot_20170428-162606.jpg
Screenshot_20170428-162656.jpg
2017-4-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the firmware build level of the RC, if it's at V1.8 (check by looking at 'about' at the bottom of the 'General Settings' menu).

A work around which may help is to roll back the RC firmware to V1.6. Takes about 15-20 minutes. Can easily be checked indoors, and can easily go back to V1.8 if needed. Try the following if you want to roll back:-

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (sellect V1.6). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-4-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 'high res' footage is stored on the micro SD card in the aircraft. What you see on screen is the streamed 720P which is often not nearly as good.
2017-4-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Both my Samsungs do that, when they finally connect.  You might try going into the HD setting in GO 4 and Manually select a channel that is in the green rather than letting Auto channel run.  Then drop the speed slider under that to as low as it will go: 4 Mbps or lower?).  It might help a little bit, and might cure it, but mine still breaks up but not as much as when in Auto.  On mine, the longer GO runs the more they break up.  Device gets hot and performance lags along with the feed.  I've done the rollbacks and seen minor improvement.

Best advice  would be If you want less video feed issues, look at an Apple Air 2 or iPad pro 9.7" model with cellular.  Not perfect, but 95% better than my Samsungs and their feed and connection issues.
2017-4-28
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Definitely pull the video from the actual SD card. You will always, no matter what system you are using - have some lines or noise in the image transmitted to the controller.. It's a lot cleaner than most systems, but you will like your raw footage a lot more than the transmitted footage..
2017-4-28
Use props
fansaacca7dc
New
Flight distance : 417 ft
South Africa

Thank you for the advice. I pulled the video directly off the SD card and it is AMAZING, zero distortion and absolute clarity, blown away. It is the communication as a result of either device or frequency. This is not a factor as I prefer to pull the video from the SD card and play with that.

Appreciate the responses. Thank you.
2017-4-29
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fansaacca7dc Posted at 2017-4-29 08:06
Thank you for the advice. I pulled the video directly off the SD card and it is AMAZING, zero distortion and absolute clarity, blown away. It is the communication as a result of either device or frequency. This is not a factor as I prefer to pull the video from the SD card and play with that.

Appreciate the responses. Thank you.

Awesome!! Glad you are enjoying it!! They really are amazing machines!
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, Which Go app version are you running? Is the device up to date software wise?
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules