Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass calibration
864 8 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mewchi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

I recieved a new Phantom 4 Pro plus yesterday.  It flies perfectly but every time I start it up it complains about the compass.  When I do the compass calibration it says it succeeds.  But then it tells me in the status screen to restart the aircraft.   If I go into the sensor states screen and click to compass it gives a status for Compass 1 but says Compass 2 is disconnected.  There are two compasses on board right?  Does this sound like a support ticket?

2017-4-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If it is telling you that compass 2 is disconnected, then take it back straight away and ask for an exchange. That message is usually quite real and indicates a hardware problem.
2017-4-28
Use props
mewchi
lvl.1
United States

Sadly I cannot return it to anyone.   I was given it in a contest.   I guess I get to deal with DJI now.   Yay me.
2017-4-29
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's nonsense. You SHOULD absolutely return it DIRECTLY to DJI. Open up a ticket and get it started.
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If everything is up to date firmware wise and you've calibrated the IMU as well, then it's a hardware issue that would require for it to be sent in for service. If the person that provided you with the unit just got it, they could try to help facilitate the exchange.
2017-4-29
Use props
squirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72618 ft
United States

When i look at my compass I have a blue dot next to num 1, should i have a blue dot next to both of them? both compass show green and to be working?
2017-4-30
Use props
mewchi
lvl.1
United States

If I send it in will they repair it and send it back or replace it with a refurbished unit off of the shelf?   I'd prefer having my original unit back.
I'm attaching a picture of what is on my screen.  Does this look like hardware failure..

Screen 1

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 2
2017-4-30
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

I asked that same question a while back and the only thing anyone could say is send it to dji, I found the problem with my drone and fixed it and everything works fine now however mine still says compass 2 disconnected just like yours says but everything seems to work fine and I have no issues so I'm not sure if anyone's has a blue dot in there settings, I have a friend ordering a new p4p so when he gets his I will look at it and then finally get an answer... good luck to you...
2017-5-2
Use props
mewchi
lvl.1
United States

You might want to send that in.   It is indeed something broken.      Question is how long will it sit there.  It was repaired 3 days ago and is stuck at waiting for flight testing.  Geez..

HEY DJI.. Tell your techs to go buy their own.  
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules