Mavic Camera / Gimbal issue - first flight ever
1068 7 2017-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisMuc
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

I bought my first drone from DJI, the Mavic Pro, on this Tuesday and today (due to bad weather the last days) I had my first flights with it.
Unfortunately, I have bad camera or gimbal issues and are not sure what to do. I have tried to calibrate everything, even with the Assistant App, but nothing fixed the problem. Do you have any ideas? Since this is a brand new drone, I expect to get a brand new replacement instead of a repair. How are your experiences?
Here you can see a video of the issue

Thanks for your help!

2017-4-29
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

Based on my experience, my recommendation would be to return it where you bought it and ask for refund. If you bought it direct from DJI, you have 7 days to do that after purchase. There are 2 reasons:
1. sending the drone for repair back to DJI does not guarantee you will get a new unit back: it could be repaired or replaced by a refurbished unit,
2. by sending the drone for repair back to DJI, it will take about a month for you to get the drone back if you are lucky. You will have lost 1 precious month of warranty.
If you return it for refund, there is nothing preventing you from buying another one right after. That's the least risky option to my opinion.
2017-4-29
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

vmich Posted at 2017-4-29 14:16
Based on my experience, my recommendation would be to return it where you bought it and ask for refund. If you bought it direct from DJI, you have 7 days to do that after purchase. There are 2 reasons:
1. sending the drone for repair back to DJI does not guarantee you will get a new unit back: it could be repaired or replaced by a refurbished unit,
2. by sending the drone for repair back to DJI, it will take about a month for you to get the drone back if you are lucky. You will have lost 1 precious month of warranty.

Very Very Very good advice.
2017-4-29
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey,,, You've got one of those DANCING MAVIC never seen one that can shake that good or maybe that bad... Sorry man you need to send it back for a refund PRONTO!
2017-4-29
Use props
ChrisMuc
lvl.1

Germany

This is really sad! I got a great deal on this and now I would have to pay at least 200€ more for the Combo (got it for 1250€)! This sucks DJI!!!
2017-4-29
Use props
ChrisMuc
lvl.1

Germany

ChrisMuc Posted at 2017-4-29 22:58
This is really sad! I got a great deal on this and now I would have to pay at least 200€ more for the Combo (got it for 1250€)! This sucks DJI!!!

Oh f***, I also did purchase the DJI Care Refresh, this makes it difficult to send it back and get a refund.
Come on, I don't want to get a refurbished or repaired drone. This one is brand new!
2017-4-29
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

ChrisMuc Posted at 2017-4-29 23:02
Oh f***, I also did purchase the DJI Care Refresh, this makes it difficult to send it back and get a refund.
Come on, I don't want to get a refurbished or repaired drone. This one is brand new!

Hmm.... there are a few things you could do before returning the drone for a refund. That is:

- watch the DJI tutorial on how to check whether the camera is properly mounted and double-check this - it could have come off the straps and this increases the shaking,

- carry out a flight in low light conditions - just to see how it behaves with slower shutter speed during recording of video.

You were flying in bright sunlight and I'm guessing your shutter was around 1/500 or even faster - it should be double your FPS - in case of your footage it should be 1/60. If you don't get any jello effect (like in your footage) with low light and slow shutter this would mean you can keep the drone but will need to buy some ND filters ;-)

Good luck! Do report back on what you find out. Cheers!
2017-4-30
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

ChrisMuc Posted at 2017-4-29 23:02

I've seen others get the Care Refresh refunded also
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules