diagnostics
2608 8 2017-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9c7e8c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152612 ft
United States

My drone crashed and I sent it to dji to repair.   They said it is being fixed under warranty.  It literally fell from the sky on a clear calm evening.   My ? is will dji tell me what was wrong and what they fixed?  Or will they just repair it and send it back.   I would really like to know what happened.      case # CAS-531435-R5Z8B1
2017-4-29
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

You may not even get your P3S back, might be a different serial # and name.  
2017-4-29
Use props
fansa9c7e8c8
lvl.1
United States

I have no problem with them sending me a new unit, I would just like to know what went wrong.
2017-4-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansa9c7e8c8 Posted at 2017-4-29 14:50
I have no problem with them sending me a new unit, I would just like to know what went wrong.

It won't be a new unit, it will be someone elses' aircraft. If you read their warranty you will find they can send you a repaired aircraft that is different to the one you sent them.

And if you get a bill from them, it will itemise what was replaced, however you will not be given any explanation as to what went wrong. DJI do not do explanations.
2017-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We just checked your case, it's caused by battery communication error, so it's covered by warranty.
2017-4-29
Use props
fans5320c5d7
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-29 18:50
We just checked your case, it's caused by battery communication error, so it's covered by warranty.

Battery communication error?
Is that a power INTERRUPTION (ie, the battery disconnected), or actually a COMMUNICATION error (to the "smarts" in the battery)?

I really hope that it was the DC power circuit failed and NOT the communication.
Communication allows for lots of important stuff, but losing it should not make the 'copter crash.
a LAND IMMEDIATELY, or a back-to-home, maybe.  Crash - Why is that a good idea??

Fall out of the sky?  Seems a bit dumb to me.

Can you imaging that on a "regular" aircraft:
"Ladies and Gentlemen.  We lost comms with our fuel tank monitoring unit so, despite fuel being available, we are not allowed to use it and the engines have shutdown.  This is to prevent damage or an accident.

Hang on a min...  

Ladies and Gentlemen, due to a design error, our fully working engines have been shutdown.  Please brace for (unnecessary) impact"!!!
2017-4-29
Use props
fansa9c7e8c8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-29 18:50

Is it ok to continue to use the old battery?  Or do I need to get a new battery?   Was it caused by the aircraft or the battery.   Thank you
2017-4-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansa9c7e8c8 Posted at 2017-4-30 07:04
Is it ok to continue to use the old battery?  Or do I need to get a new battery?   Was it caused by the aircraft or the battery.   Thank you

It's not recommended to use the old battery, but I have informed your case to the local repair team, will have someone contact you for confirmed details.
2017-5-1
Use props
Blackie54
New
Flight distance : 9961 ft
United States

My tablet lost password an is asking for a reset, my problem is I lost my password. Help
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules