Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
'The Mighty Colorado River' Moab, Utah- 4K Resolution
1775 24 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PKPhantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

The Colorado River is an iconic and instrumental natural resource here in the USA. This river encompasses parts of Seven U.S & two Mexican States. It's also part of about a dozen top ranked America's National Parks.

The dramatic & cinematic footage below shows a fraction of the Colorado River as it passes through Moab, Utah State.

To enjoy the FULL video effect, watch this on a 4K Monitor. Also, depending on your sound output equipment, adjust your speakers/ headphones gain level accordingly.

Drone: Phantom 4
Filters: PolarPro ND Filters (8)
Editing Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CC

2017-4-30
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Another good one PKPhantom. Nice use of light & dark areas.
Really interesting topography well captured by the Phantom.
2017-4-30
Use props
imagine it
lvl.4
United States

Really great video of a great area. Liked the use of the different altitude levels and the little quick summery towards the end. Looking forward to seeing more.
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

sky wombat Posted at 2017-4-30 02:55
Another good one PKPhantom. Nice use of light & dark areas.
Really interesting topography well captured by the Phantom.

Yeah, the mixture of light and dark areas was a little bit of a challenge. But I tried everything possible to find a balance to compensate for both. Glad that it turned out ok.

You are right, the topography in this place is out of this world.

Thanks so much for your feedback.
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

imagine it Posted at 2017-4-30 03:37
Really great video of a great area. Liked the use of the different altitude levels and the little quick summery towards the end. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I figured the only way to really make this place stand out is by the use of multi altitude flights. At first, I was a little skeptical with this approach but I'm glad to know that it turned out ok.

As for the video compilation summary towards the end, I just had to throw that in there in order to match the music to the beat.

Thanks.
2017-4-30
Use props
Rabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 967907 ft
Germany

Great!
2017-4-30
Use props
Sam H
First Officer
United States

Watched it on my 4K TV to get the whole effect, GREAT JOB LOOKS AWESOME ! ! !
2017-4-30
Use props
maverick5257
lvl.3
Flight distance : 637388 ft
Italy

Wonderful video, Thank's for sharing
2017-4-30
Use props
ezDrew
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

I watched in 4k as well. Very nice work!
2017-4-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's a real nice video, right there.

Good job. Thanks for the share... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

Thanks so much
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

Sam H Posted at 2017-4-30 12:30
Watched it on my 4K TV to get the whole effect, GREAT JOB LOOKS AWESOME ! ! !

Yeah! 4K monitor rules. Thanks for the compliment
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

maverick5257 Posted at 2017-4-30 12:33
Wonderful video, Thank's for sharing

Thanks for your feedback.
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

ezDrew Posted at 2017-4-30 15:12
I watched in 4k as well. Very nice work!

I have a dual 4K monitor set up. Nothing compares. Thanks for the feedback.
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-4-30 15:53
That's a real nice video, right there.

Good job. Thanks for the share... ;-)

Thanks so much Captain. I am surprised how come you didn't comment on the loudness of the soundtrack. ha ha
2017-4-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-4-30 16:22
Thanks so much Captain. I am surprised how come you didn't comment on the loudness of the soundtrack. ha ha

Hahaha, I was watching the Edmonton Oilers getting schooled by the Annehiem Ducks. 6-3
So I had the iPad volume turned off. Let me go back and listen... ;-)

Wow, what a bold and attention gathering soundtrack. No it was just right. Not too loud for me.Must be from all them concerts and my lifestyle, on the noisy SpYder RS-S. Hearing loss.
I really enjoyed the scenery on this video, from the Stoney to the Deep Drink. I bet it is great fishing there too.

RedHotPoker
2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-4-30 18:08
Hahaha, I was watching the Edmonton Oilers getting schooled by the Annehiem Ducks. 6-3
So I had the iPad volume turned off. Let me go back and listen... ;-)

Ha ha. Very funny. That was an insane game.
Yeah, Colorado river surrounding offers some of the best scenery. As for fishing, there is population of all kind, but notably four of the species are considered endangered and they don't exist anywhere else in the world except Colorado river. The Humpback and Bonytail Chubs are two of them.

Wait a minute. You have one of those Can-am? I've always wondered how they rode. With their slick appearance I anticipated a super quiet ride. Is that not the case? Nothing close to a Hurley's rumble though, correct?
2017-4-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-4-30 19:01
Ha ha. Very funny.

Wait a minute. You have one of those Can-am? I've always wondered how they drove. With their slick appearance I anticipated a super quiet ride. Nothing close to a Hurley's rumble, correct?

Hahaha, it's good that you have a great sense of humor.
Yes, I own a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster. It's a sweet rYde, and very comfortable.
Perhaps much quieter than a Harley and the Davidson's bike, but pretty loud non the less. I only wear a 3/4 sized helmet, so it can get pretty loud. Even the wind can howl in my ears, while traveling highway cruising speed. No rumble, just a swift rush. ;-)
Perhaps I should just invest in a box of disposable earplugs.

RedHotPoker

2017-4-30
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-4-30 19:18
Hahaha, it's good that you have a great sense of humor.
Yes, I own a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster. It's a sweet rYde, and very comfortable.
Perhaps much quieter than a Harley and the Davidson's bike, but pretty loud non the less. I only wear a 3/4 sized helmet, so it can get pretty loud. Even the wind can howl in my ears, well traveling highway cruising speed. No rumble, just a swift rush. ;-)

Very nice! I wish I lived closer to you. I would take that thing for a ride. If you would let me, that is, lol.
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Fantastic job, thanks for sharing!
2017-5-1
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Wow.. another wonderful video.. Thanks for sharing such fantastic scenery.  It is amasing. (didn't find the climbers btw) :-)
2017-5-2
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-5-2 07:39
Wow.. another wonderful video.. Thanks for sharing such fantastic scenery.  It is amasing. (didn't find the climbers btw) :-)

What? I'm surprised you couldn't  see the rock climbers. Here is the cheat sheet.....Look at 3.40 through 3.45. Left hand side on the rocks......Do you see them now? ha ha.
Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Thanks for the kind words too. Very much appreciated.

2017-5-2
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-5-2 20:53
What? I'm surprised you couldn't  see the rock climbers. Here is the cheat sheet.....Look at 3.40 through 3.45. Left hand side on the rocks......Do you see them now? ha ha.
Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Thanks for the kind words too. Very much appreciated.

Two of them, above the cars (toward the back)..  Unfortunately it's a little dark for me and they are not easy to see.  I think youtube has compress it a bit...  I can, now you've mentioned it, possibly see two figures with helmets, but I am only assuming it's the climbers due to what you've said and because they are above the cars.  
Interestingly, where the hell where you? :-)
2017-5-3
Use props
PKPhantom
Second Officer
United States

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-5-3 05:00
Two of them, above the cars (toward the back)..  Unfortunately it's a little dark for me and they are not easy to see.  I think youtube has compress it a bit...  I can, now you've mentioned it, possibly see two figures with helmets, but I am only assuming it's the climbers due to what you've said and because they are above the cars.  
Interestingly, where the hell where you? :-)

The cars parked on the side of the road near the rock structures....those are all rock climbers.

I was filming from the other side of the river.
2017-5-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-5-1 15:55
Very nice! I wish I lived closer to you. I would take that thing for a ride. If you would let me, that is, lol.

We will accept holiday travelers... Ha

Yes, you could go for a thrill rYde. ;-)

Post more far out videos, thanks....

RedHotPoker
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules